UEFA Supercup Final 14.08.19. Hosted somewhere in Europe (probably)

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Pulisic looking a bit better today.

Hope Liverpool get found out this season.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
These offsides are taking far too long to be called.
I'm not watching the match but generally what the rule is in Germany, and I presume European competition, is that if the linesman is doubtful about offside then he/she will not call it if they believe there is a chance at a goalscoring opportunity. When the phase of play ends the linesman will call an offside and, if a goal as been scored, VAR will check it.

I like the rule because it prevents occasions where a player can be clean on goal but is called back for an incorrect offside decision. These cases cannot be called back by VAR so this is the best way to ensure fairness.

It has been applied in the BL for the past season and I like it.

VJ1762

This emerson guy looks way better than Luke shaw. I seriously hope we give Brandon williams or Dalot a go at the LB spot.

SharpshooterTom

I'm not watching the match but generally what the rule is in Germany, and I presume European competition, is that if the linesman is doubtful about offside then he/she will not call it if they believe there is a chance at a goalscoring opportunity. When the phase of play ends the linesman will call an offside and, if a goal as been scored, VAR will check it.

I like the rule because it prevents occasions where a player can be clean on goal but is called back for an incorrect offside decision. These cases cannot be called back by VAR so this is the best way to ensure fairness.

It has been applied in the BL for the past season and I like it.
Might as well not have linespeople and have everything done by a computer in that case.

Some of these offsides today were CLEARLY offiside.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Might as well not have linespeople and have everything done by a computer in that case.

Some of these offsides today were CLEARLY offiside.
You know not all offsides are called on goalscoring opportunities right? Way to take the argument to an unreasonable extreme.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Still don't get why opposition don't stick a man on Van Dijk when liverpool have it at the back. He's their out ball every single time.

Cut that out and you'd disrupt their ability to play it out from the back

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm still finding it weird seeing Lampard as a manager.

SharpshooterTom

You know not all offsides are called on goalscoring opportunities right? Way to take the argument to an unreasonable extreme.
I don't want a computer to take away too much from a linesperson, a significant number of offisdes are going to involve goalscoring opportunities, no not all of them will be but its beside the point, a lot of them will be.

If its a tight call, that's one thing, but both offsides today had clear daylight and didn't need VAR intervention, but used it anyway. Its excessive use of the system in my opinion.