UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Maybe they're all in the fridge.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Thanks mate. I like the part where they’ll stop tax evasion (which is a crime and illegal) by closing loopholes (which implies it’s tax avoidance which is legal that they’re trying to stop).

I personally don’t see that as feasible for a few reasons. My main gripe though is what’s to stop the richest 5% from economically emigrating? At which point the middle class will have to be taxed to deliver the policies.
Further, with Brexit looming, raising corporate tax may further stunt the economy. Is his approach to Brexit to negotiate a new deal, and then put forward a referendum with the choice of Corbyn deal vs revoke A50 (this may help with the corporate tax issue)?
Family, friends, their kids schooling, the street they live on etc etc.

If you tax the rich, they won't leave: US data contradicts millionaires' threats
https://www.theguardian.com/inequal...eave-us-data-contradicts-millionaires-threats

Have you noticed how ALL the Brexshiteers have vanished this election. Mogg and Bridgen obviously for their huge idiocy at the start of the election but Baker & Co. have been thrown at a bottom of a well completely hidden. I’ve not seen Steve Baker do one bit of media all election and he’s not been welcomed at his constiuency hustings either being booed and jeered. Anyone in Wycombe make sure you vote tactically, this climate denying cnut needs to go.
hiding in the same place as Diane Abbott, and Makes sense to hide your hand grenades away from the public/press. I am sure there are many more on both sides that the leaderships have told to keep public appearances to a minimum.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I was referring to the huge reduction in corporation tax.
Ok, I don't think that's particularly clear. It's also not as if the biggest British Banks (Lloyds, RBS, HSBC, Barclays) have been making significant profits in the past 10 years.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
hiding in the same place as Diane Abbott, and Makes sense to hide your hand grenades away from the public/press. I am sure there are many more on both sides that the leaderships have told to keep public appearances to a minimum.
Not quite the same thing. Their message is Get Brexit Done. All the Brexshiteers have hidden during the campaign when we couldn’t get them off the telly for months before that. Labour trying to appeal to both sides so it makes sense for them to not give strong remainers a platform.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I read that Diane Abbot's son was arrested for assaulting a police officer a couple of weeks back which might partly explain her absence. Not that she's much of an asset in a general election campaign.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I read that Diane Abbot's son was arrested for assaulting a police officer a couple of weeks back which might partly explain her absence. Not that she's much of an asset in a general election campaign.
I don’t know why she doesn’t retire especially with her health problems.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ok, I don't think that's particularly clear. It's also not as if the biggest British Banks (Lloyds, RBS, HSBC, Barclays) have been making significant profits in the past 10 years.
It wasn't as clear as I had intended. Combined profits of 22bn last year which surprised me.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I don’t know why she doesn’t retire especially with her health problems.
She's a great MP. Problem is people are ready to pounce on her mistakes in interviews and she's ready to make them. I'd rather she not retire for the time being.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
How much trouble would the BBC and Cuntberg genuinely be in if they’re deemed to have breeches electoral law? Slap on the wrist and a fine?

I am presuming the Electoral Commission will at least look into it

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
How much trouble would the BBC and Cuntberg genuinely be in if they’re deemed to have breeches electoral law? Slap on the wrist and a fine?

Public apology and that's it.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Smores

most of the top 1% are far from rich (£80-90k). We are talking about doctors, head teachers, etc.

These types of professionals can’t afford to move offshore, as they are not rich.

it won’t take a high proportion of the top 1% to move on and take their capital with them and the tax take will be a lot lower. Makes great headlines to ‘tax the rich’ but it the reality is more tax comes from the 1% than from the 99%.
I assume a typo? Top 1% is around 160k in income.

Maybe we should lower it further now in case they leave as for countries with lower rates? Half maybe?

The top 1% pay 28% of the income tax take btw....

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I think the Electoral Commission’s response on Twitter said it all. Without referencing what she did, they described her actions exactly and said they recommend that if anyone is aware of anyone doing this, it’s a matter for the police and should be reported to them.

Traub

Family, friends, their kids schooling, the street they live on etc etc.

If you tax the rich, they won't leave: US data contradicts millionaires' threats
https://www.theguardian.com/inequal...eave-us-data-contradicts-millionaires-threats
How do we even have any rich people left? Didn't they all leave when we had higher income tax rates?
It’s ok while it’s still manageable, but these constant increases end up taking a toll on the tax payers which may lead to a tax revolt (hence why there’s significant tax avoidance). Once the inevitable mismanagement and corruption of government sets in, its a slippery slope.

Smores

Oh well nothing to see here then.

I'd assume their legal team are confident it's not LK but the source here that's broken the law. However that doesn't mean the reporting is fine it's just not illegal. I really don't think she'll be employed there much longer.

Smores

It’s ok while it’s still manageable, but these constant increases end up taking a toll on the tax payers which may lead to a tax revolt (hence why there’s significant tax avoidance). Once the inevitable mismanagement and corruption of government sets in, its a slippery slope.
But it's not a constant increase that's the point it's a reversal in the constant cuts for the most wealthy.
I actually thought Labour were quite wise in pitching the increases within sensible boundaries we've seen in recent times (back up to New Labour) but that point gets missed by most. Tax increase = bad.

Ady87

Mark Francois too, now you mention. Saying that, haven't seen much of Labour's front bench. Abbott in the same well. Even Starmer and Thornberry have vanished
Me and a mate were saying this in work today. The ERG lot are AWOL and we are surprised Hancock isn’t on house arrest.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh well nothing to see here then.

I'd assume their legal team are confident it's not LK but the source here that's broken the law. However that doesn't mean the reporting is fine it's just not illegal. I really don't think she'll be employed there much longer.
All the legal texts I’ve read suggest it’s the reporter who has the responsibility. She’s the one who broadcast it to the nation, that’s far far worse an offence than counting votes and telling someone about it.

She’s the chief political editor of the BBC, there’s no pleading ignorance here. You know how aware football journalists are of their duties to honour the embargoes and how angsty they all get about it when someone doesn’t. Well multiply that by 500 and you’re nowhere near how serious normal political journalists take their duty to honour the integrity of the election

Traub

But it's not a constant increase that's the point it's a reversal in the constant cuts for the most wealthy.
I actually thought Labour were quite wise in pitching the increases within sensible boundaries we've seen in recent times (back up to New Labour) but that point gets missed by most. Tax increase = bad.
perhaps you’re right. I’m coming from a cynical viewpoint as this is how it started in my country, with the increases just never ending. The situation is obviously different, but just something to consider

Usually the Tories as the older voters still vote while the younger tend not to bother.
Why do the young not vote. In fact why do so many people not vote?? I’ve just never understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.