UK General Election - 12th December 2019 | Con 365, Lab 203, LD 11, SNP 48, Other 23 - Tory Majority of 80

How do you intend to vote in the 2019 General Election if eligible?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 30 4.3%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 73 10.6%
  • DUP

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Green

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 355 51.4%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • SNP

Votes: 19 2.8%
  • UKIP

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • Independent

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (BNP, Change UK, UUP and anyone else that I have forgotten)

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Not voting

Votes: 57 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 41 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Labour are definitely winning the social media campaign.
:lol: mugged them right off.

Don't pretend you weren't impressed by the new Tory-Love Actually masterpiece.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yes, it's annoying when someone says something is "reality" when it's an opinion.

You haven't said the Tories need don't need to modernise, no. You have said Labour do though and have cited that as one of the main reasons you'll vote Tory despite their cruel and dangerous social policies which you have stated you dislike.

It's your decision and it doesn't make you a bad person for making it but clearly I will see it as a bad voting decision for the reasons which you well understand and I don't expect you to care about or agree with.

I have no idea why you think a majority Tory government will move to the centre. It is, at least, just as likely that they will push through everything that they can whilst under the control of the current shower of Dickensian villains whilst unopposed. In time, perhaps, some aspects will soften but then we'll have let so much and moved so far right that these mild concessions will not compensate. It's already happened in the 80s. It's part of the reason Corbyn is seen as far left by many despite his policies not being remotely so based on the last hundred years of the UK nor against the rest of our continent. Take a lot and give a little back.

I hope, against all precedent and indications, that you are somehow miraculously correct. If you're not, I hope you reflect on what you helped enable.
the Tory party is a coalition of ideologies. In exactly the same way labour is. With a majority, I believe that the ERG will become less significant and therefore shift to the centre. With a good majority they will have less influence. That’s my take on it.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
the Tory party is a coalition of ideologies. In exactly the same way labour is. With a majority, I believe that the ERG will become less significant and therefore shift to the centre. With a good majority they will have less influence. That’s my take on it.
This is similar to what people said about Trump before he got inaugurated. Turned out great.

This is similar to what people said about Trump before he got inaugurated. Turned out great.
I don’t know the detail around that (and don’t bother to link), as just because something happens over the pond doesn’t mean we can conflate this to the political landscape over here.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I don’t know the detail around that (and don’t bother to link), as just because something happens over the pond doesn’t mean we can conflate this to the political landscape over here.
Why not? We've had the more polite British equivalents of fake news for years, where politicians just say that they don't accept the reports findings, we've had alternate facts for years, where they say "I think the people want...", aggressive social media campaigns built on lies, and a cowardly leader who only does interviews in his own bubble unless heavily scrutinised beforehand.

We're already there dude and we've been getting to this point for years, our politicians are just more subtle about it. And the yanks generally have to steamroll into things will guns blazing.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
And the dems still talk about Hillary as if she was any less evil. And they still do nothing real to fight that orange moron.
The Dems are what labour would be if they didn't get Corbyn as leader.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
brilliant riposte. To be clear, even if they don’t move to the centre, it’s still a better option than the opposition.
:lol:

It took a few attempts but at least we know your real answer now.

Surprise to no one. Wonder what FT will say, Lib Dem, Tory, “follow your conscience” ?
I'm guessing you've not been reading The Guardian. The FT will say Lib Dem or do the new statesman line - endorse no one.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
Presumably the SNP get what 45 in your projections... The libs 10... Northern Ireland 18 (assume around 10 for dup)
Plaid 3... Greens 1
So conservatives would be around 298?

If that happens you can walk into any polling company in the world and set you own wage
I didn’t say it’s a shoe in, I sad they can form a minority government with 275 seats.

Also how is it possible that you can get the simplest of calculations wrong :confused:

275 Labour 45 SNP 10 Lib Dems 18 NI 1 Green 1 Speaker leaves 300 for Tories...

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I’ve done RedCafe polling comparison with 2017 election.

Ive excluded IDK and DNV as they weren’t in the previous poll.

So Labour has gone from 58.4% to 59.4%
Cons have gone from 14.5% to 11.9%
Lib Dems have gone from 10.3% to 10%
Greens have gone from 3.6% to 4.2%
SNP has gone from 2.4 to 3.3%
Kippers + Brexit counted as one from 5.3 to 6.3%

YouGov can go feck themselves there’s the representative shift in the country’s mood right there.

In all seriousness this just reaffirms in my view younger people’s sentiments about politics.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
A law needs to be brought in. If media will be forced to publish a correction on a story, they need to publish it in the same format as the original story. So if it publishes a misleading headline, the correction needs to be a headline too instead of buried in the pages no one reads. That should be fun.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I'm sure everyone who posts here who's eligible to vote will be doing so, but please try to get your mates to the polling stations! Our votes are already in (postal), we voted Labour so that's two in the bag. :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm sure everyone who posts here who's eligible to vote will be doing so, but please try to get your mates to the polling stations! Our votes are already in (postal), we voted Labour so that's two in the bag. :)
You’re both good eggs x

Are you serious? I bet the Tory social media disinformation campaign is having 10x the impact.
I’m serious, from what I’ve seen their disinformation campaign has been falling flat. Every interview I’ve seen on the news people have been very unimpressed by their lies. I guess the subconscious element has to be taken into account though and you may well be right

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
A law needs to be brought in. If media will be forced to publish a correction on a story, they need to publish it in the same format as the original story. So if it publishes a misleading headline, the correction needs to be a headline too instead of buried in the pages no one reads. That should be fun.
I'm sure we can rely on the government to push that through. Oh wait...

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Tory funding levels is what is required to keep the NHS at the status quo.
Self evidently that’s not true.
There is a commitment to increase spending by an average of 4.3 percent a year [Labour], compared with the 3.2 percent rise under current government plans over the next four years. The promised boost is higher than that being offered by the Tories and Lib Dems, but is still below the 5 percent annual average increases needed, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies and the Health Foundation.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/wjwwd4/the-nhs-what-are-the-tories-labour-and-lib-dems-promising

Is it really a “record” funding boost?
No. It may be the biggest uplift in cash terms over five years – but given the growing UK population and the effects of price inflation that isn’t much of a claim. In real terms, the growth in NHS England’s budget proposed by the Tories amounts to an additional £23.5bn a year, taking the total to £140.3bn by 2023-2024 (in today’s money), according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS). That equates to real terms growth of 3.2% per year. To put this in context, it does mark a retreat from the years of austerity: the average real annual increase was just 1.3% between 2009-2010 and 2018-2019, despite the fast-growing population. However, it is still significantly lower than the long-run average annual increase in UK health spending of 3.6% per year (and far below the 2000s, when NHS spending grew by around 6% a year in real terms).

https://moneyweek.com/518936/the-political-battle-over-the-nhs/

3.2% is what the Tories are offering and it's just continuation of the status quo.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I’ve done RedCafe polling comparison with 2017 election.

Ive excluded IDK and DNV as they weren’t in the previous poll.

So Labour has gone from 58.4% to 59.4%
Cons have gone from 14.5% to 11.9%
Lib Dems have gone from 10.3% to 10%
Greens have gone from 3.6% to 4.2%
SNP has gone from 2.4 to 3.3%
Kippers + Brexit counted as one from 5.3 to 6.3%

YouGov can go feck themselves there’s the representative shift in the country’s mood right there.

In all seriousness this just reaffirms in my view younger people’s sentiments about politics.
We did it Redcafe!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Voted Labour last time but gone with SNP this time. G'wan big Nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.