g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Uncharted 4

izzydiggler

Got it in the post but on the train home and will spend tonight watching football, that I assume will be infinitely less enjoyable than playing this...alas!

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'm trying to finish Uncharted 2 before buying this, probably going to skip the third as I've heard it's the weakest?

Definitely don't skip it 3rd probably was the weakest but it's still a solid 8/10 for me.

Just started playing 4 myself a couple of missions in and I'm loving it so far I can already tell it's going to be fantastic

NJM78

Just finished Uncharted 3 yesterday after having bought the remastered editions on PS4 (played and finished them all on PS3 but had to have them again prior to this release), going to start the fourth tonight straight after the football or depending on result, performance straight after I have moaned on the Caf for an hour! Cant wait.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So, is this similar to previous Uncharted games? Thought I read somewhere this would be less linear compared to previous installments. Hopefully, not as much emphasis on fecking puzzles either.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So, is this similar to previous Uncharted games? Thought I read somewhere this would be less linear compared to previous installments. Hopefully, not as much emphasis on fecking puzzles either.
I watched about an hour's worth of playthroughs more than a week ago and the timeline is anything but linear, there really wasn't even a clue of who the main antagonist was.

NJM78

Haven't played my copy yet but based on reviews it has a very open world feel in certain chapters although still linear to a degree it kind of fools you into believing you can travel on a wider scope. Still has the sometimes annoying puzzles but less.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'm trying to finish Uncharted 2 before buying this, probably going to skip the third as I've heard it's the weakest?
I'd disagree with the others. The 3rd game was very tedious, I completed it and never touched it again, whereas I must have played through the first two 3 or 4 times over. Really looking forward to playing this, two of the best single player games ever in my opinion, I'd love it if the 4th can bring back the same feelings.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I'd disagree with the others. The 3rd game was very tedious, I completed it and never touched it again, whereas I must have played through the first two 3 or 4 times over. Really looking forward to playing this, two of the best single player games ever in my opinion, I'd love it if the 4th can bring back the same feelings.
I liked the 3rd game fine, but preferred the 2nd myself. Think that's the one with the train and the part with the snowy Asian temple city where you can fight the gorilla ogres and the human baddies at the same time.

Leg-End

Personally think they have hit the right balance with all areas now, which is a shame given its the last one.

Not too much combat
Not too many puzzles
Just enough open world to make it interesting to explore but not too much so you lose track or get bored.

Once you play it you can really tell they pulled together all they learnt from Uncharted's and The Last of Us.

Ainu

Just got to the start of chapter 7. The adventure hasn't really taken off yet but I'm really enjoying the story content. I can feel it's building up to something amazing and I like that the narrative takes its time.

stu_1992

Just on chapter 7 myself. Really enjoying it so far.

That Crash cameo gave me goosebumps. Great stuff, very cool they put that in there

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
The 3rd game was clearly the weakest, in part due to some of the top talent in the company focusing on The Last of Us instead of Uncharted. The dip in quality was not a coincidence.

That's one reason the anticipation for this is so high; you have those people back from TLoU working on the next-gen platform. It should be good fun.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I really want to get a PS4 to try this. Sold my PS3 over a year ago to buy an XB1 as all my mates have it, but their exclusives just don't appeal to me anywhere near as much as playstation's.

The Last of Us on PS3 was one of the best games I've ever played. The visuals were as good if not better than games I'm playing atm on XB1 like The Division.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its brilliant so far. Debating on turning off the background music though, feel like it may be bugged as the constant fast paced intense music is going even if its a more peaceful part or a cut scene... bit annoying really

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Have only just gotten to part 2, but really like it. The graphics are amazing - so immersive.

The controls also feel very good - very natural. Reminds me of MGS V in that regard.

Looking forward to playing it more tonight.

Deleted member 101472

Is it worth buying the ps4 then returning it within 2 weeks just to play this game?

Deleted member 101472

You're the worst type of person.
Why? I loved all the uncharted games , don't have the time really to justify keeping a PS4 and its perfectly legal to do it. Completed all the other ones in less than 2 weeks.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Why? I loved all the uncharted games , don't have the time really to justify keeping a PS4 and its perfectly legal to do it. Completed all the other ones in less than 2 weeks.
Is it perfectly legal though? You're buying something with no intention of keeping it... I'm sure you have the 14 day thing incase of change of heart, not what you thought it was etc.

What you're essentially doing is buying from a store, decreasing the value, taking it back, getting your full amount back, but then the store has to sell it as used and get less. So basically what you're doing is walking into a store and changing the price tag of something becuase you're selfish.

Fair enough, it gets the next customer a cheaper console and copy of uncharted 4, but you're part of the reason stores are closing.

Nowhere you can rent a console from these days? That would be the better option.

Deleted member 101472

Is it perfectly legal though? You're buying something with no intention of keeping it... I'm sure you have the 14 day thing incase of change of heart, not what you thought it was etc.

What you're essentially doing is buying from a store, decreasing the value, taking it back, getting your full amount back, but then the store has to sell it as used and get less. So basically what you're doing is walking into a store and changing the price tag of something becuase you're selfish.

Fair enough, it gets the next customer a cheaper console and copy of uncharted 4, but you're part of the reason stores are closing.

Nowhere you can rent a console from these days? That would be the better option.
Fair enough. We are talking about BestBuy in Canada though, I highly suspect that they would put it straight back on the shelf for full price.

I much prefer your " for the greater good" point about me potentially ensuring someone else gets it for cheaper :)

Maybe I'll just hold off and buy one for when FIFA 17 comes out if its any good and play Uncharted then.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Fair enough. We are talking about BestBuy in Canada though, I highly suspect that they would put it straight back on the shelf for full price.

I much prefer your " for the greater good" point about me potentially ensuring someone else gets it for cheaper :)

Maybe I'll just hold off and buy one for when FIFA 17 comes out if its any good and play Uncharted then.
Just buy one and keep it, ditch the social life and overtime at work. Play more games, there's a load of good games out there anyway now. I actually can't find enough time to play them all :lol:

Actually, holding off might not be the worst idea, obviously have to avoid spoilers. But with the ps4k I see the original ps4 price dropping by the end of the year.

Deleted member 101472

Just buy one and keep it, ditch the social life and overtime at work. Play more games, there's a load of good games out there anyway now. I actually can't find enough time to play them all :lol:

Actually, holding off might not be the worst idea, obviously have to avoid spoilers. But with the ps4k I see the original ps4 price dropping by the end of the year.
My missus is in Medical school and from October- February has to tour the country working in different hospitals. That's my window :devil:

Brocky

Started on this last night. Got up to the part with the toy guns :lol: . I had forgotten how good the rolling dialogue you get from Drake is.

Looks awesome so far and it seems to definitely be one to take time with, as was said above.

From what I have read, it's a slow but steady burner and doesn't really get into it's stride until around chapter 8-9.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyone else's PS4 sound like a helicopter when playing this?

Great game, only a few chapters in but loving it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
6 chapters in and it's possibly the best set up to a story and character development I've ever seen in a game

For those wanting constant action and no story, this opening act is not for you.

What I wouldn't give for a day or two free, I would plough through the game in no time

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
6 chapters in and it's possibly the best set up to a story and character development I've ever seen in a game

For those wanting constant action and no story, this opening act is not for you.

What I wouldn't give for a day or two free, I would plough through the game in no time
High praise...think I might order it now

Ainu

Just got to the start of chapter 9, this has been fantastic so far. Stealth is actually fun for the first time in the series and the combat is better than ever. The environments are stunning and just so much fun to navigate. And obviously the writing is superb, as you'd expect from Naughty Dog. This game is everything I could've hoped for so far, and by all accounts it should only get better from this point.

arthurka

Anyone else's PS4 sound like a helicopter when playing this?

Great game, only a few chapters in but loving it.
Mate try to vacuum the side vents.. And do it really properly then run it across the back and the front.. It works wonders. I do it weekly and mine hardly breaths..

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Good Lord... this game!

I'm up to chapter 13 now and it's almost certainly my favourite Uncharted game. The visuals and action sequences in this game are just astounding. In terms of story, acting, character development, presentation, visuals, gameplay, direction, attention to detail, & getting all those aspects to such a high level.. Naughty Dog are just so far ahead of everyone else its not even funny.

Here's a bit of gameplay I recorded from the end of chapter 7, any of you avoiding spoilers there's not really any story stuff here just a gunfight as we make a getaway.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Wow, I didn't know this was a thing.

@DavidG Can't you just borrow a friends PS4 for a couple of weeks, or pay him rent?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The quality I have to complete in this and Quantum Break until the end of May when Blood and Wine come out is immense.

kps88

Anyone else get bored of all the climbing? Think I'm the only one in the world who feels that way though.

Last edited:

Ainu

Anyone else get bored of all the climbing? Think I'm the only one in the world who feels that way though.
I love it. I can see how it could get boring but for me the climbing animations, controls, environments and great banter all work together to keep it from getting boring. They've also struck a nice balance between climbing, exploration, story and combat sections.