Gaming Uncharted 4

Shark

@NotShark
I'd play the third if I was you, pointless playing 1, 2, skipping 3 then buying 4. I'm going to play through the first three again to refresh my memory before playing 4.
Isn't the desert fight in the third? That was beautiful. I can't think of an Uncharted game that was ever weak.
Just want to say thanks to you guys for recommending I don't skip Uncharted 3. Finished the second one last night and moved straight into the 3rd, really enjoying it. Especially the history between characters. Gun fights are vastly improved too, ahhhh can't wait to get through this and buy the 4th. :)

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Just completed it, awesome game! Great ending to the series. Would have preferred some more challenging platforming sections rather than just pressing x and the stealth wasn't great, but overall a brilliant game. Some of the gun fights were tough on hard (especially the one near the end which lasted forever) so crushing is going to be a struggle...

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Definitely the best Uncharted in terms of gameplay, dialogue and writing. Wish there was more set pieces though. Still, fantastic experience.

Shark

@NotShark
Is this harder or easier than uncharted 3, as I'm dying in 3 more than I did in fecking Bloodborne.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I didn't even try hard yet, but can see the armor bastards being a real nightmare.
I yelled many obscenities about the mothers of those armored guys flanking me. The
giant armored dudes with heavy machine guns are usually further away and thus 'easier.'

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I played on hard and those armoured pricks are a pain. They walk through 3 grenades dropped right at their feet.

Finished and it's an incredible experience. A brilliant blockbuster of a game. Even after playing the previous 3 games, I was still occasionally going "Oh shit!" when a ledge broke. It's Uncharted's oldest trick but I love it.

The motion capture for facial expressions is just crazy, combine that brilliant voice-acting and I think it's up there with any action movie Hollywood could throw out.

Best in the series, without a doubt.

Crash fecking Bandicoot! I almost squealed with excitement when it happened.

Chapter 11. Holy shit, what a rush!

Madagascar was stunning.

Nate and Elena are gaming's greatest pairing.

I'm delighted Naughty Dog didn't kill off anyone. Uncharted is a series that should only ever have a happy ending. Although I did think just as the cave was coming down right at the end and the music was kicking in, that they were going to kill Nate. Thankfully they didn't and we got the sweet epilogue.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Before I say this, I love the uncharted games. Brilliant games. I haven't played the latest one yet either. However, I know how this works, immense praise at first, then after 2-3 weeks it all changes, people start having niggles and moans and it turns from a 10/10 into an 8/10. Maybe I'm being cynical but look at the other gaming threads around here. Everyone gets caught in the new game hype, I'm hoping it stays a 10/10, but I'm waiting to see. I'll buy it no matter what anyway.
Check out the Witcher 3 thread :D

I'm going to start this on Monday. Brother's bought it and is out of town for 4/5 days. It'll compliment my second Witcher 3 playthrough well. I saw the beginning when my brother booted it up and it looks stunning.

Dan

One annoyance.

The chapter where you go to the house as a kid just felt really slow paced.

Cina

Is this harder or easier than uncharted 3, as I'm dying in 3 more than I did in fecking Bloodborne.
I'm not finding it that hard so far. Stealth is definitely the better approach to all-out-shooting, though. Very Metal Gear Solid in that aspect.

I'm still only about 40% in, though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Just started my crushing run, I normally don't really go for the highest difficulty runs in games but I actually really enjoyed the challenge of The Last of Us on Grounded, (so much so that I did it twice) but yeah as previously said there's some sections later in the game that are gonna be pretty challenging.

I also see the soundtrack getting some shit on NeoGaf. I think it's great, when the music kicks in when the guns go off it really gets the adrenaline pumping, and the track for Chapter 11 is just fantastic, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up when it randomly came on Spotify on my walk into work today.

Ainu

I played on hard and those armoured pricks are a pain. They walk through 3 grenades dropped right at their feet.

Finished and it's an incredible experience. A brilliant blockbuster of a game. Even after playing the previous 3 games, I was still occasionally going "Oh shit!" when a ledge broke. It's Uncharted's oldest trick but I love it.

The motion capture for facial expressions is just crazy, combine that brilliant voice-acting and I think it's up there with any action movie Hollywood could throw out.

Best in the series, without a doubt.

Crash fecking Bandicoot! I almost squealed with excitement when it happened.

Chapter 11. Holy shit, what a rush!

Madagascar was stunning.

Nate and Elena are gaming's greatest pairing.

I'm delighted Naughty Dog didn't kill off anyone. Uncharted is a series that should only ever have a happy ending. Although I did think just as the cave was coming down right at the end and the music was kicking in, that they were going to kill Nate. Thankfully they didn't and we got the sweet epilogue.
Naughty Dog are fantastic at writing and voicing great characters. It's what sets their games apart. Obviously their production values are second to none, but the chemistry between Nate, Elena and Sully is what really defines Uncharted. Just like Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us. These guys are at the top of their game now, top of the entire gaming industry for that matter.

That second Crash Bandicoot cameo to transition into the epilogue was brilliant. I really didn't see that coming. It may well be the greatest ending I've ever seen in a video game. In the vast majority of games the conclusion seems rushed or all too brief. None of that here, the attention to detail in the house in the epilogue is just stunning. The picture book in Nate and Elena's bedroom, all the pictures along the walls, the newspaper and magazine articles and finally the "forbidden" closet. Such a sweet way to end one of the greatest series in gaming history.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I need to get back to The Last Of Us, Naughty Dog are just something else.
I'll definitely be going back to that, I think I just have to get a training manual an Ellie joke conversation I missed, open two Shiv doors and get some of the multiplayer ones to get the platinum. I stupidly thought I could get the Items and shiv doors on my second Grounded playthrough but when I got to them I didn't have enough scissor blades to make one

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'll definitely be going back to that, I think I just have to get a training manual an Ellie joke conversation I missed, open two Shiv doors and get some of the multiplayer ones to get the platinum. I stupidly thought I could get the Items and shiv doors on my second Grounded playthrough but when I got to them I didn't have enough scissor blades to make one
I haven't got far into it at all, was distracted by other stuff, probably a massive error.

Ainu

Oh in that case definitely get back to it. I'm finding it hard to chose which out of Uncharted 4 and TLOU is my favourite ever game.
Ever since it came out I've ranked The Last of Us in my top 3 of greatest games ever. I think its grittiness and emotional impact is something that elevates it above the lighter tone of Uncharted. Uncharted 4 comes very close to that though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Ever since it came out I've ranked The Last of Us in my top 3 of greatest games ever. I think its grittiness and emotional impact is something that elevates it above the lighter tone of Uncharted. Uncharted 4 comes very close to that though.
Yeah that's the thing, both games have similar core gameplay yet the emotions the get out of you are on opposite ends of the spectrum. TLOU has these gritty tension filled encounters where you feel the stakes are really high and has a much harder hitting emotional impact because of that. Whereas Uncharted 4 is more exhilarating, action packed run & gun fun with lots of amazing 'holy shit!' moments and lots of callbacks to the previous three games. Both games have great layered storylines and writing, top drawer acting & facial animations too. Hard to separate really and depends on whether you prefer the emotional impact and brilliantly realised setting of TLOU or the pure wow factor and stunning locations & visuals that Uncharted 4 delivers, I'm still quite torn tbh.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not finding it that hard so far. Stealth is definitely the better approach to all-out-shooting, though. Very Metal Gear Solid in that aspect.

I'm still only about 40% in, though.
Good to hear it's a bit like Metal Gear Solid. Might be wrong, but thought some sections of the third Uncharted are like that too, maybe it's the setting. Nearly finished it anyway, but can't get enough of these games, bring on the 4th!

Shark

@NotShark
I need to get back to The Last Of Us, Naughty Dog are just something else.
Sony should be treating Naughty Dog like royalty at this point, I honestly don't think they're capable of producing a bad game. Whatever they do next will be gold too, maybe The Last Of Us 2 with any luck. I'm more of an RPG gamer myself, but there's something special about their games, you should definitely get back to TLOU.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Sony should be treating Naughty Dog like royalty at this point, I honestly don't think they're capable of producing a bad game. Whatever they do next will be gold too, maybe The Last Of Us 2 with any luck. I'm more of an RPG gamer myself, but there's something special about their games, you should definitely get back to TLOU.
That's exactly what they're working on, it's going into development after the Uncharted 4 DLC.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's certainly a 10/10 game

Completed it earlier today

Would definitely suggest playing at least 2 and 3 before this to appreciate the ending

According to IGN the game has pacing issues and an overlong final 3rd. I don't see that at all and didn't want it to end. I purposely made it last over 10 days and didn't rush it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It's certainly a 10/10 game

Completed it earlier today

Would definitely suggest playing at least 2 and 3 before this to appreciate the ending

According to IGN the game has pacing issues and an overlong final 3rd. I don't see that at all and didn't want it to end. I purposely made it last over 10 days and didn't rush it.
The final third was too long...? Hell, I wanted another act.

Only thing that was too long was the early flashback(s), but even that served to introduce some new game mechanics.

Marksy7

Overly long cut scenes, and rather short play time.
Best looking but least fulfilling of the series for me.
have to agree with this, I found the lack of enemies at times boring and the puzzles don't seem to be as present in this game compared to previous games.

Cina

have to agree with this, I found the lack of enemies at times boring and the puzzles don't seem to be as present in this game compared to previous games.
I find the pacing absolutely perfect.

On chapter 20 now so I assume I'm nearly done.

Unquestionably one of the greatest games I've played. Feels like Naughty Dog took everything great about the first three games and mixed them with the best aspects of TLOU.

There were just so many fecking moments that made my jaw drop.

Marksy7

I find the pacing absolutely perfect.

On chapter 20 now so I assume I'm nearly done.

Unquestionably one of the greatest games I've played. Feels like Naughty Dog took everything great about the first three games and mixed them with the best aspects of TLOU.

There were just so many fecking moments that made my jaw drop.
The story is fantastic and the gameplay is brilliant, but it feels a little to like TLOU (which was 1 of the best games I had played) that it takes away all the things that where great about the previous Uncharted games. its still a solid 8/10 for me as I have enjoyed it but the others pulled me back in to play again where I'm not sure this will.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

Winrar

Nice job

Was finishing in 6 hours hard?

Also hit rate over 70%

Once I saw those two I didn't attempt it
you can play on explorer and enable tweaks and lock on aim. got 85% accuracy at the end of my speedrun playthrough.

make sure to skip all cutscenes.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finally completed it. Superb game.

The story was brilliant, my favourite of the series. Great graphics & a really enjoyable playing experience. Naughty Dog are great at making you care for the characters & what's happening to them, just love how immersive their games are.

The ending was very well done, didn't expect it to go off the way it did. A nice way for them to end Nathan Drake's adventures. Bring on the next Naughty Dog game!!