United Have Confiscated My Season Tickets

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Yeah I get it, in principle. Your ticket could have been used by someone dangerous. At the same time, there are people on the turnstiles and they got the enhanced checks they brought in this season too. You're not profiting in any way. It seems harsh.
There's literally hundreds selling tickets outside the ground openly. Easy money! I'm unfortunate to have been made an example.

kps88

I don't get the security angle at all. There are no security checks when buying a ticket online so what's the difference with what's happening here? You passing on tickets to strangers is the same as strangers buying tickets online. You don't even have to have a membership if the game goes on general sale.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Like you say, in a way it's understandable. However it's absolutely ridiculous that they ban a 40years long season ticket holder without a warning (and refund). Wtf.

Sultan

Mm can see their point of view tbh but you're going to have to try and argue they're not complete strangers to you. And they're your e-friends.
Which is why I don't want to make a big deal. Just imagine if I ever transferred a ticket to someone dodgy? I couldn't live with myself. I wouldn't have even posted this thread had it not been to alert other season ticket holders. I can easily get tickets if I needed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
FFS, sorry to hear about this @Sultan, you've helped so many fans over the years and for the club to screw you like this is infuriating.

Sultan

I don't get the security angle at all. There are no security checks when buying a ticket online so what's the difference with what's happening here? You passing on tickets to strangers is the same as strangers buying tickets online. You don't even have to have a membership if the game goes on general sale.
Good point! Never thought of it that way. I was just trying to understand the clubs angle.

Sultan

Hey! It's not all bad.
I'll be able to ban a few posters in the matchday threads, now I'll be at home.

prath92

I’m sure we have twitter celebrities. Mr MUJAC and Stephen howson are on here? I have barely 200 followers but I’ll still RT it if you post on twitter.

Or the caf account can start a petition

AndyJ1985

Not surprised. The club doesn't give a shit about supporters. It's all about raking in as much money as possible.

Runner

Sorry to hear that Sultan. I didn't know you brought people from the Caf to matches, that's awesome and its a damn shame they punished you for it.

Sultan

I've sent a link to this thread to United. Thanks all for your suggestions and taking time out to help.

ijc

Get this going on Twitter. It would be very bad PR for the club if this is a genuine case.

kps88

Good point! Never thought of it that way. I was just trying to understand the clubs angle.
The angle sounds purely financial. It's in the terms and conditions because they don't want people touting their season tickets and there is no way of them knowing for sure you are not profiting from it. A bit of common sense is needed rather than the stick to the rule book approach. If we got a thread going we would have dozens of people who could vouch for you when you sorted them tickets.

Glad to hear you still have the option of getting tickets though.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Really sorry to hear this, it really is that nastiest face of modern football. I'm more than happy to e-mail or sign anything in defence of Sultan; I'm sure it will be, but if any blanket email or petition is made, make sure it's added to this thread!

prtk0811

I've had seat checks a number of times and been caught with others using tickets. The principle is they allow transfer of tickets to friends and family. Not complete strangers of the internet.

They also have concern with security issues when passed onto strangers even though I've never sold a ticket for profit. In a way I understand.
They might be doing these new practice due to security concerns because of recent terror threat in all across UK and europe.

MAME DIOUF 32

Surely if the club suspected touting the sensible thing to do would be to suspend your tickets until you could show that you were not a tout. Their approach is completely unfair.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It's ridiculous. They're your tickets, you should be able to transfer them to whatever names you want.
However much I empathise with Sultan, what you are saying is wrong. If that were the case over time the end game would be Touting Corp. getting season tickets and crowding out the genuine fans.

prtk0811

There are no ID cheks before buying a ticket online? SUrely the Club must know the identity of persons who have bought them and have a record , but in case of transfer of tickets to strangers there are no records.

antohan

While you are probably right, they go to different sections so it could be argued security measures/planning assumes a certain risk profile for area with ST, general sale and away fans.

antohan

Surely if the club suspected touting the sensible thing to do would be to suspend your tickets until you could show that you were not a tout. Their approach is completely unfair.
Agree, it's not really the motivations I question (I'm not surprised he raised a flag) but there must be some element of presumed innocence, inquiry, etc.

How many season ticket holders are there out there? How many raise flags? It doesn't seem to me as some mass phenomenom that justifies blanket/intransigent approaches, let alone when the length of the relationship is factored in.

Steve79

I couldn't get in for the recent Benfica game at home and only got in for the second half after waiting 50 minutes at the ticket office and when I complained they offered me 50% refund as I "seen half the match" It was my mums 60th birthday present and her first Champions League game and she had travelled all the way from Edinburgh for the game.

I wont' give them anymore of my money after being treated like that and I've cancelled all my tickets for any remaining games.

Reactions: Sultan

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Feel for you Sultan, i'm certain you're a good guy, generous, and have done your best to help people. It goes without saying you should get some leniency.

However, when I first saw the ticketing threads, i'd often see you offering to sort many people out, for many games, and I did wonder just how many tickets and what reach you had!
If as reported the club employed someone to search online outlets looking for anything they judge untoward, i'm not surprised they looked into who this sultan chap always offering tickets was.

@DuncanEd constantly posted on the ticketing threads warning that the rule is strictly no selling tickets at all, you can only "Pass them on for free", but unless the club brought in a stooge, or someone has stitched you up, i'm not sure how they can prove you haven't done just that, rather than selling?

All the best chap when you recover your desire to go again.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Such a horrible decision by the club I'd love to be able to help you get them back.
A true gentleman and a credit to the united fan base you are I hope the club are able to see sense and reinstate your ticket.
I still very much appreciate the time you helped me out and it was a pleasure to meet you. If you decide to start a petition I for one will be signing and would also make sure a few of my fellow red mates did too.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's a joke mate.

To not even refund it either. It's one thing taking it away from someone who has been going for so long, it's another taking the money for a product that isn't received. All the money that you've given the club and they can't even be reasonable.

I know you've said you don't want to, but I'd take this to the papers.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
No warning?

I get the 'security' angle but it does seem more likely they want to stop people selling tickets for profit (and by implication, think you did)? If what you did was wrong (in their eyes), why not just write to you saying if you do it again, they'll take them?

(Edit. PS. I have a (rarely used) Twitter account but if you/someone posts something about this, gladly rewteet. If you just get your tickets back/a warning, it'd be worth it?)

Dyslexic Untied

Sorry to hear that Sults. Harsh and unnecessary treatment from the club towards a fan who has helped so many - on his own time and for no profit. Happy to help any way I can.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
English is not my first language. However if you give me an email and a message to send then I will send it on my email

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I reckon youve been done by a United ticket office employee posing as someone needing tickets on here.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Basically, they're arguing I'm touting tickets because I have transferred tickets in other peoples names over the last few years. They can't believe I've done this mostly helping out fans mostly from abroad on this website. Not even refunding the cost of remaining games.
I can still go to games with tickets from friends, but I'm boycotting the club as a matter of principle. I'm not sure how long I'll keep my self from attending. If anything I've given away tickets for free to many fans.

Oh, well!
Sultan mate, you've helped me a couple times and will remember that. Shame about your ticket :(

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I wrote an email to appeals.panel@manutd.co.uk explaining how you have hosted me as your friend and guest on several occasions over past years etc. Got below in auto reply.

Suggest any other who wish to vouch for @Sultan write similar mails to appeals.panel@manutd.co.uk quoting 'Season Tickets # 2371106, 2173667, 2371092' before this deadline date.

----------------------------

Thank you for your email.
Please note for new appeals the next Appeals Panel Meeting will take place on 19th December 2017.
In order to ensure that appeals can be fully and accurately reviewed there has to be a cut-off point, which allows us to prepare documentation for the meeting.
The cut-off point for the next meeting is 15th December 2017. Any appeals received after this date will be carried over to the January meeting.
Kind regards
Customer Services Team

Last edited:

Plato

That's ridiculous, Sultan. I remember when you said you would treat me to a match when I was up in Manchester (I had another account 10 years ago but forgot the password).

I'm a United member so I'll email them with my details and tell them that you've never touted.

Sparky10Legend

This sounds like a PayPal version of customer care.

Truly stinks, to not even give you the £ back is.....

twitter thread suggester
Really sorry to hear that Sults. 40 years as a loyal season ticket goer ought to count for something!

My brother and I were among the boatload of people you helped out, and even refusing to let us pay as much as a penny for it!

You have helped so many fans realize their dream of seeing United at Old Trafford.

I'll happily do whatever I can to help your cause.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Total farce, very sorry to hear this @Sultan. As a travelling fan I’ve often relied on the good people of the caf and have always found tickets at FV from generous people like yourself. There is no better way for me to get a decent seat, I literally can’t believe a club with the global following of United can’t understand why this is necessary and good.

Ultimately the seat has been paid for and the club has its money. It’s not a touting situation in the slightest.

Can understand why this would taint things for you even if an appeal is successful!

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Nearly 40 years. They also banned my parents tickets because they were linked to my account.
These actions taken by Manchester United seem unreasonable, disproportionate and particularly cruel. Even if you indeed have not been abiding perfectly by every single rule they have put up over the last 40 years, it still comes across as an incredibly unfair punishment.

If the appeal does not lead to a sensible outcome I would strongly suggest you and your parents take further legal action. Even if United's intentions were sincere and these measures are intended to improve things regarding ticket touting or related problems, the good still do not need to suffer with the bad.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
@Sultan send details of your case to both MUST and IMUSA. There are also organisations like the Football Supporters Federation who could be interested if you wanted to push it further

I can understand why this has happened as the club have been trying to crack down on touts but clearly they got the wrong guy