United Have Confiscated My Season Tickets

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I've sent a link to this thread to United. Thanks all for your suggestions and taking time out to help.
Hey United, if you're reading this then you're a bunch of cnuts, go deep throat a cactus.

Btw Sultan if this goes viral it may be their own United Airlines moment.

Idiots.

Big Andy

Bloke
@Sultan send details of your case to both MUST and IMUSA. There are also organisations like the Football Supporters Federation who could be interested if you wanted to push it further

I can understand why this has happened as the club have been trying to crack down on touts but clearly they got the wrong guy
I've raised it on RR as well...

RedStrudel76

Don't have the energy, Varun.

It seems they're not a caring club anymore. It's all about numbers. They're certainly a few grand richer with the banning of our families 3 tickets. They will now pass onto other members. They were prime seats.
Sadly even though in your mind you was doing a good deed, it doesn't mean you haven't broken the rules (the club will argue with lawyers etc)

The club has such a massive waiting list for season tickets, they don't need the hassle as you are easily replaceable.. it is easier to get rid of you if you are becoming a problem. It's a dog eat dog World - look after number 1 I say is the lesson here.

Sorry to see you leave the club (if you are boycotting the club forever), but it does sound from your posts recently on this forum that Manchester United, and football in general, is not as enjoyable for you (it's tiring for you). So look at it as an exciting adventure to do other things with your time/dosh.. I suggest Rugby, no corruption, no primadonnas, real men.

Like you said some lucky fans (maybe johnny come latelys) will get your prime seats. Everything happens for a reason..

Reactions: Sultan

TheReligion

Abusive
Terrible news. Let us know how the appeal goes and keep us updated on any developments.

Hope you get back to Old Trafford soon.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
This is a total travesty. As a supporter from another country Sults sorted me with seats for a derby match at very short notice a few years ago, he's definitely not a tout. He sorted me great seats, surrounded by members of his family who were a great bunch. Without his help there'd have been no way I'd have gotten to that game.

feck me Utd get your heads out of your arse!

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
This is a total travesty. As a supporter from another country Sults sorted me with seats for a derby match at very short notice a few years ago, he's definitely not a tout. He sorted me great seats, surrounded by members of his family who were a great bunch. Without his help there'd have been no way I'd have gotten to that game.

feck me Utd get your heads out of your arse!
Tbh, it's probably letting the likes of you into Old Trafford that got him banned. :D

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Appreciated your time and effort, Raees. I also know you're a lawyer if I need any advice. However, I don't really like publicity. I'm not sure I feel up to going back to Old Trafford at any time soon.
Sorry to hear this. You've made so many fans' dreams come true, getting them tickets and are a fecking amazing ambassador for the club.
For you to feel unwelcome in OT now is a travesty and I just hope it can be sorted.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
I'm in. That's not on.

Publish the tweet. Jesus if this was a thing then in 2003 gforce wouldn't have got me United tickets to the Liverpool game and he never made a penny off me.
They're your tickets. Transferring them at face value should be okay. What's next empty stadium? People not going?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm not sure I want to go back. Over the last few years, it's been a drag. It was mostly spending time with family made it worthwhile going. Sky and BT will suffice to watch our team.
It’s a hefty financial hit, with no refund for remaining games?

Even if you’re a bit fed up with attending, I’d be trying to get a refund of remaining games out of principle - given that you’re not a tout.

EyeInTheSky

Feel for you Sultan, i'm certain you're a good guy, generous, and have done your best to help people. It goes without saying you should get some leniency.

However, when I first saw the ticketing threads, i'd often see you offering to sort many people out, for many games, and I did wonder just how many tickets and what reach you had!
If as reported the club employed someone to search online outlets looking for anything they judge untoward, i'm not surprised they looked into who this sultan chap always offering tickets was.

@DuncanEd constantly posted on the ticketing threads warning that the rule is strictly no selling tickets at all, you can only "Pass them on for free", but unless the club brought in a stooge, or someone has stitched you up, i'm not sure how they can prove you haven't done just that, rather than selling?

All the best chap when you recover your desire to go again.
How would they know based on his username on a discussion forum? @Sultan have you ever posted your personal email on here (one connected to your Season ticket account)?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Could you not go into the ticket office face to face and ask to speak to a manager about it?

Might get something sorted better rather than phone calls and tweets.

Bojan11

See now. If some of you guys weren’t busy making sexist jokes at female journos who came on here and scaring them away as we could do with their help now.

Mindhunter

No good deed will go unpunished. I guess it’s too much of a business now to have people lend an empathetic ear to supporters.

MonkeysMagic

I'm sure I echo the sentiments of the vast majority of the Cafe by saying that this is totally uncalled action form the club, and as far as PR goes, a complete shambles. I really hope that the appeals process gains some traction in the media and shames the club into reversing their decision. Best of luck.

Trizy

Basically, they're arguing I'm touting tickets because I have transferred tickets in other peoples names over the last few years. They can't believe I've done this mostly helping out fans mostly from abroad on this website. Not even refunding the cost of remaining games.
I can still go to games with tickets from friends, but I'm boycotting the club as a matter of principle. I'm not sure how long I'll keep my self from attending. If anything I've given away tickets for free to many fans.

Oh, well!
You're not allowed sell your ticket to another person per game? Any time I go to Old Trafford it's with someone elses season ticket without changing their name. Stewarts never look twice.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The club would be better off spending its time looking for ways to make it possible to transfer tickets safely for individual games - making it possible for more fans to get to an occasional game. Then they could add all the security conditions etc they like, including membership and full name etc.

It's depressing to see empty (season ticket holder) seats at matches, especially when you know that some people only have one match they can get to in a year, or perhaps even in a lifetime. Yet, missed games are inevitable, we can't all get to every match - scaring people into not lending out their card, just makes it even more wasteful.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I owe my OT experience to you @Sultan! I hope it gets resolved.

If needs be, I'll even write them an email confirming as much, if you could send me the correct person/departments contact details.

TheRedHearted

On top of tweeting, contact some type of journalist or website. Have them do a piece on you, and have them quote the supporters who want United to do right by you. If United claim what you did is against policy, then plead for a warning. Then at least your tickets can be given back to you. United will be pressured to do right by you. Also have it in a clause that they have to buy a right winger, and two fullbacks. Maybe even greizman or Ozil too for our late Christmas present considering I think we could win the CL if they do.

Witchking

Wow, just read this thread. Sultan is one of the kindest people around who took so much pains to get me an extra ticket and when he could not, he gave me his son's. I had the pleasure of visiting OT and watching the match with Sultan.

Can't believe how the club is hiding behind terms and conditions. Hope you get it resolved in your favour. 40 years is a bloody long time. Sucks.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I know United and football generally are businesses above anything these days but the very least clubs everywhere could do is to treat the people who actually turn up to games properly.

With increasing regularity we're hearing stories from all over about season ticket holders being treated like shite. City are doing well on the pitch at the moment but genuine match-going blues are deterred from going (insert Emptihad gag here) because of the ridiculous antics of the Showsec goons and the club couldn't care less so long as the money rolls in.

It's the same here in many ways and it stinks. I hope you can resolve your situation to your satisfaction @Sultan and that something can make football clubs everywhere wake up to the highly-priced turd they are shovelling to a great many of their paying supporters.

grahamo

I don't post that much but I spend time reading threads etc. I know from being on the forum that Sultan goes out of his way to help other fans out. Fans like him are the heart and soul of the club and Manchester United should be proud to have him on board. Disgraceful way to treat him. The club owes him a grovelling apology!

BigTimeCharlie

You know what, I'm a gold season ticket holder and they wouldn't just take the tickets off you if you haven't broken the T's & C's. Just saying.

I would bet that when you have "let" someone else go, unfortunately for you the steward has handed them the seat check forms (some guys behind me got them against spurs) On the form it says the price of the ticket and where they got the ticket from.

If they have filled that part in, with something United didn't agree with, that will be the reason why you got them taken off you.

Now, whether you are being 100% transparent in this thread or not. From reading what I have put will let you know more than likely why.

I understand from both sides why they should/shouldn't be allowed.

IMO, you should be able to sell for no more than face value, if you can't make it to go.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You know what, I'm a gold season ticket holder and they wouldn't just take the tickets off you if you haven't broken the T's & C's. Just saying.

I would bet that when you have "let" someone else go, unfortunately for you the steward has handed them the seat check forms (some guys behind me got them against spurs) On the form it says the price of the ticket and where they got the ticket from.

If they have filled that part in, with something United didn't agree with, that will be the reason why you got them taken off you.

Now, whether you are being 100% transparent in this thread or not. From reading what I have put will let you know more than likely why.

I understand from both sides why they should/shouldn't be allowed.

IMO, you should be able to sell for no more than face value, if you can't make it to go.
There's T's and C's at pretty much every club regarding season tickets and passing them on - they'll state that a season ticket is not transferable but all clubs tend to adopt a commonsense policy where if you can't get to a game, they'll turn a blind eye if you pass it on to a friend or family member or sell it at FV to another fan. It's not normal practice to go after fans who do that and what they should be doing is clamping down on blatant touting. I'm not a United fan but from what I can gather in this instance and going off all the people that have vouched for him on here, Sultan is anything but a tout and is merely offering to help other fans out with tickets. And by doing that, it means a seat gets filled and the person filling it will be adding to the atmosphere in some small way plus they may be putting money in United's coffers by way of buying refreshments. Surely United (or any club for that matter) would prefer this to a non-attending season ticket holder not bothering to take the time to offer it for use and therefore leaving the seat empty.

I can only go off what I've read on here and with that in mind I think this is incredibly harsh on him.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There's T's and C's at pretty much every club regarding season tickets and passing them on - they'll state that a season ticket is not transferable but all clubs tend to adopt a commonsense policy where if you can't get to a game, they'll turn a blind eye if you pass it on to a friend or family member or sell it at FV to another fan. It's not normal practice to go after fans who do that and what they should be doing is clamping down on blatant touting. I'm not a United fan but from what I can gather in this instance and going off all the people that have vouched for him on here, Sultan is anything but a tout and is merely offering to help other fans out with tickets. And by doing that, it means a seat gets filled and the person filling it will be adding to the atmosphere in some small way plus they may be putting money in United's coffers by way of buying refreshments. Surely United (or any club for that matter) would prefer this to a non-attending season ticket holder not bothering to take the time to offer it for use and therefore leaving the seat empty.

I can only go off what I've read on here and with that in mind I think this is incredibly harsh on him.
At United, the T&Cs were actually changed recently to say that ST holders are officially allowed to pass on tickets to 'friends and family' but its a bit of a grey area about whether you can charge anything for that ticket - really they should say its fine to pass on at FV but obviously touting at a profit should be forbidden

Bury Red

Backs Fergie, Yells Giggs!
Really sorry to hear this Sultan, you've never been anything other than generous to genuine United fans with your season tickets. When I was heading back from Singapore one Christmas you sorted me out with 3 tickets for my wife, dad and myself and not only did you refuse to accept anything for the tickets you handed my wife a box of chocolates when we met up again after the match to return the tickets to you. Like you I had hoped we could have sat together during the match to finally chat in person after so many years as e-mates but at the last minute you'd had a request from another Caf poster and had sorted him out with 2 tickets alongside us as he was also visiting from Singapore.

Sorry United but you're picking on the wrong guy here and I'd be proud to stand up in his defence if you're listening to the accounts of those who have benefited from his generosity over the years.

redchamp

If United have such resources to go after touts, they would be better served directing their attention to the likes of Ticketbis, where some people are obviously totally rinsing the system. Currently listing Arsenal away tickets at £300+, joke

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Dear Sirs,

By way of introduction, I have been contacted by a season ticket holder in relation to the above tickets.

He has been a lifelong season ticket holder of over 40 years and has recently contacted me about having his tickets confiscated by the club. The explanation provided by the club was that he was 'touting' tickets.

He has explained the situation, which is that whenever he was unable to attend a game, or his family members, he would let his friends attend the games either for free, or at full value for the games in order to ensure the tickets did not go to waste. He is an esteemed member and moderator of the leading Manchester United forum Redcafe.net and as you can see from the link provided (https://www.redcafe.net/threads/united-have-confiscated-my-season-tickets.434001/page-3), many fans and fellow friends of his have vouched for his kindness and honesty with regards to providing tickets when he has been unable to go to games himself and he has at no stage ever looked to profit from the tickets, which is evidence that negates the accusation that he is involved with 'touting'. The definition of a ticket tout is 'a person who buys tickets for an event and resells them at a much higher price' which has not been the case here.

He is devastated about not being able to see his beloved club, and to make matters worse the club has not been in touch about at least providing remuneration for the tickets that have been taken from him, which is frankly unacceptable and a contravention of trading standards and the Consumer Rights Act 2015. We understand the club may be worried about tickets changing hands on a frequent basis, and therefore acted in haste to prevent what they understood to be 'ticket touting' situation, but the ST holder is keen to clarify the situation and ensure any confusions are cleared up without having to resort to legal means or through the media.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to email me or call on the number provided below in my signature.

Kind regards

Raees
@Sultan just sent that through my work account, hopefully they take some notice.

Verbalkint

All the very best to everyone involved here! I wish for a speedy turnaround. Can't claim to know Sultan but I've read each post and it sad that United of all clubs has acted like this with a long time faithful supporter. Will be reading this thread everyday.