United Have Confiscated My Season Tickets

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Basically, they're arguing I'm touting tickets because I have transferred tickets in other peoples names over the last few years. They can't believe I've done this mostly helping out fans mostly from abroad on this website. Not even refunding the cost of remaining games.
I can still go to games with tickets from friends, but I'm boycotting the club as a matter of principle. I'm not sure how long I'll keep my self from attending. If anything I've given away tickets for free to many fans.

Oh, well!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Oh no.. was fearing the worst from the thread title. That sounds terrible.

Can we do some sort of campaign?

Feedingseagulls

Basically, they're arguing I'm touting tickets because I have transferred tickets in other peoples names over the last few years. They can't believe I've done this mostly helping out fans mostly from abroad on this website. Not even refunding the cost of remaining games.
I can still go to games with tickets from friends, but I'm boycotting the club as a matter of principle. I'm not sure how long I'll keep my self from attending. If anything I've given away tickets for free to many fans.
Oh, well!
Oh Sults! That sucks so much. Many folks owe being able to see a game at OT to your kindness too.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
That's awful! :(
Should demand that the club to go through your posting history on the Caf to see that you are a good guy. :lol:

You know If they just blocked that ST, or if they've blocked you from getting another? (thinking maybe someone on here or in another supporter group would help out)

kps88

Was hoping it wasn't Sults as soon as I saw the thread title :(

AXVnee7

Sorry to hear that Paji...

No good deed goes unpunished unfortunately.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Is there no way to appeal or can you not get people to testify on your behalf?

I'm guessing there's something in the terms and conditions about tickets only being for personal use but it's still an amazingly twattish move when they have no proof of touting.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I'm guessing there's something in the terms and conditions about tickets only being for personal use but it's still an amazingly twattish move when they have no proof of touting.
Assuming the personal use thing isn't too strict, surely you can put together a selection of evidence in the form of PM's/Emails that you're legitimately helping out friends on here?

Sultan

They definitely read this thread.
That's awful! :(
Should demand that the club to go through your posting history on the Caf to see that you are a good guy. :lol:
This is the only forum I post. I don't have any social media activities.

podurban2

Tweet to them. Every Caf member retweet and attract attention.
Don’t think many posters use Twitter tbh. An online petition would be a better bet - promoted through channels such as Twitter.

binary bot
Anyone have a decent twitter following and can get this a bit of traction on Twitter?

djdhrubs

They definitely read this thread.

They know about this thread.

This is the only forum I post. I don't have any social media activities.
In which case this should be reversible through enough social media pressure.

Sultan

They just keep talking terms and conditions. They refused to meet me in person. I've had my so-called panels appeal.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Petition sounds a good bet. or maybe a #dontgetsaltywithsulty twitter campaign

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They just keep talking terms and conditions. They refused to meet me in person. I've had my so-called panels appeal.
Doesn't sound like they're trying to stop touting at all.

Sounds more like tactically taking tickets away from people who might reduce the number of people they can rip off.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Can you go into a tad more detail of the process, and how many ST's did you have, whats the manner in which you were informed, what is the appeals process?
wouldn't mind helping out pro bono.

Sultan

Take it up on twitter Sults.
Don't have the energy, Varun.

It seems they're not a caring club anymore. It's all about numbers. They're certainly a few grand richer with the banning of our families 3 tickets. They will now pass onto other members. They were prime seats.

Denis79

It seems they're not a caring club anymore. It's all about numbers. They're certainly a few grand richer with the banning of our families 3 tickets. They will now pass onto other members. They were prime seats.
Start a petition and link it to here. 15 minutes of work. Proper fans shouldn't be punished.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That's a PR disaster from whoever made that kind of decision and I know some media outlets also lurking on Caf from time to time. Without any trace of evidence it doesn't look good for someone with such empty accusation.

Don’t think many posters use Twitter tbh. An online petition would be a better bet - promoted through channels such as Twitter.
Good idea and something tells me there could be more wrongly judged. Petition could definitely snowball something good here.

Varun

Staff

Yeah, it's cnutish to say the least. The social media route is a good bet because it suddenly makes it a public affair with people knowing they're ripping off a supporter who's helped so many people go to games. People from here who are on twitter will vouch for you and that puts public pressure on the club. I'd say this takes lesser effort than trying to convince them over mail mate, they're not going to listen through that channel and as you said, it's a lot of effort. Just try it, feck the suits, can't let them take away your chance to watch the players.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Do you get any refund for any games you and your family cannot now go to, or is it they have pocketed your money and will now pocket more money from selling your seat?

prateik

Whats the official policy when it comes to sharing a season ticket?

Mailo

I'll help out in any way I can, Sultan. Just tell me what to do, guys.

Been reading your posts for years, and the other core members - You guys are enlightening this place.

Reactions: Sultan

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is a tough one tbh . I got my only game at OT because of a ST holder who let me have it for a game . On the other hand it is a hard one for the club as well , not really sure how you deal with it from the club point of view

Sultan

Doesn't sound like they're trying to stop touting at all.

Sounds more like tactically taking tickets away from people who might reduce the number of people they can rip off.
I can't really say much on an open forum. I have my suspicions and doubts why they've taken this step.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
To me, as long as it doesn't end up in touts hands, you should be able to use it however you see fit. You have paid for the ticket. If you bought a cinema ticket and couldn't go, they wouldn't stop you giving it to someone else to go instead.

Charlie Foley

If you do a petition/something on twitter I'll sign or retweet. If we all tweet someone like Gary Neville he might take an interest :lol:

owlo

Whats the official policy when it comes to sharing a season ticket?
You can do so with friends and family. It's well established that internet friends can be considered 'real' friends, so it shouldn't be a problem unless he's advertised it as available for loan on here.