United Kits 24/25

It's baffling why Adidas keep getting United kits wrong. There should be some black in the trim on the collar at least.
Looks like a generic red and white kit you would see on Benfica or Aberdeen.

They've made most of the nicest kits we've had for thirty years. Better than all of our 90s kits, hands down. We just haven't won anything in them.

It's baffling why Adidas keep getting United kits wrong. There should be some black in the trim on the collar at least.
Looks like a generic red and white kit you would see on Benfica or Aberdeen.
very well put. could easily be these 2 or any in between. such a great opportunity for us to get a kit right with adidas and let down every year

The white kit is so good I don't care about the home and away. An instant classic.

Adidas template next season

images
Wouldn't mind that. Maybe throw a little club crest on the corner of the sleeve.

Theoretically that new sponsor should be perfect. It’s got the aesthetics of the vodaphone era, it’s a cool sounding word, it’s not a particularly obnoxious font… and yet, somehow, it still looks like absolute second rate knock off shite

That blue one is one of the worst we've ever had.

Oh, come on.... I know it has a collar, but we've had pink, vomit colour and a grey statue silhouette away shirt in recent times.

Although it looks like a cricket shirt from leaks, it will be one of our better away shirts.

Oh, come on.... I know it has a collar, but we've had pink, vomit colour and a grey statue silhouette away shirt in recent times.

Although it looks like a cricket shirt from leaks, it will be one of our better away shirts.
The pink shirt from 3/4 years ago? That was a fantastic kit. What didn’t you like about it ? And don’t say because it was pink…

I am fully aware of the red sock usage in the sixties, amongst other things due to yourself and to this lovely web site:

https://www.unitedkits.com/kits/seasons/1878.php

Notwithstanding that, and the fact that United wore red socks for one season after first world war as well, 20-21 I think, and some bastard socks a few seasons back, United had worn black sox since the phoenix first rose in 1902 up until 1960, and from 1971 up until 2024. That’s about a hundred and ten years (!). You of course know all this, but it may be less known to others.

The ‘experiment’ in the sixties with first white and then interchangeably red socks, has been explained both as a tactical device to facilitate vision in the growing number of floodlights at the time, and as a ploy to bring newness and optimism to the club to avoid black after the WWI and the München air crash. Which is true, or both, I don’t know, but I think it’s fair to say change of sock colours was a smaller issue back then, as players could sometime be seen wearing different versions of socks in the same game.

The identity of particular football colours strengthened and locked heavily from the late sixties and upwards, probably fuelled by the spread of colour use in print, TV, and the development of merchandize markets. For most people, all red IS Liverpool, like a National Team uniform or an official flag, even if they didn’t use that combination before in the mid sixties (possibly inspired by a Man Utd EC game on TV?). Red shirt, white shorts, red socks became Nottingham Forest to me and many in the eighties, to others it has been Swindon Town, Benfica, Demark or a host of other teams. Man Uniteds red, white and black is a fairly unusual combination, with over 110 years tradition. To me it’s effect is like a national flag, and not something to be tampered with to sell one million extra socks or because some people just like newness in any shape or form. I love newness and variation, but I think some traditions are important as well. So red socks, begone! For me, we might as well put a point on it and throw in the red shorts we used in the EC semis in 1957 or 58 then, and look falsely perturbed when most people say ‘why are you wearing a Liverpool kit?’

Again, you know all this, I just used your post as a point departure for a rant :)
Ah shit, does that mean we're destined for blue and brown stripes and navy pantaloons?!

Excellent website btw
Shut up christ killer.
You obviously haven't read Harry Potter, JC told.Judas to grass him up. Like Snape and Dumbledore. 4d chess.
That was so funny that Iran upstairs to tell my girl but then I stopped myself because I Kuwait ‘til the morning.
Oman that’s a poor attempt. Adidas saw a different country’s flag and said, Yemen that’s the one!
@horsechoker, Florida Man won this round!
Adidas template next season

images
No stripes. Needs stripes. How would anyone know it's an Adidas shirt without the stripes?
ISIS...

The pink shirt from 3/4 years ago? That was a fantastic kit. What didn’t you like about it ? And don’t say because it was pink…

It was pink!

I'm a traditionalist. Our away colours should mainly consist of white, black or blue.

Do people buy the legit ones anymore? The prices have become extortionate.

Last season's kit was one of the best in recent times imo. Think they are on sale now.

Yea that pink away kit was class tbh, very clean look and a great CL memory in it.

Pink when done well can look really nice, just look at old Palermo kits and that famous Juve 3rd kit that became a trend.

Do people buy the legit ones anymore? The prices have become extortionate.

Last season's kit was one of the best in recent times imo. Think they are on sale now.
Would have to dhgate these if I really want them because they're not nearly worth retail price.

Ironically enough, I bought both authentic home and aways from this past season and I'll probably get the 3rd kit somewhere down the line too :lol:

Shame that the season was shite, that was the best collection of kits we've had in a long time. Maybe since our 2nd season with Adidas under the current contract during Jose's first season.

That blue one is one of the worst we've ever had.

Nah that snake dick skin one from 3-4 years ago was absolutely shocking

I think all 3 of these upcoming kits are really good. Best set of kits in years for me.

3rd kit outstanding. Home kit, fine? Not a massive fan but it's alright. Away kit is an eyesore.

Not a huge fan of the gradient on the home, without it, it would be a solid 8/10. The away is fine. Get rid of the collar and the monochrome badge and it improves drastically. The 3rd is potentially an all timer.

Run of the mill Adidas kits for us, we've had much worse collection of kits by them before (and Nike if we are honest). In comparison to the general landscape of jerseys we could be getting a lot worse. Look at the rumoured Arsenal away, Chelsea 3rd, Leicester 3rd... all awful from a design perspective.

The third kit is a must buy. The second kit is tragic. The first kit is disappointing but barely acceptable.

The home and away kits are as generic as you can get. Bland United