United player of the season

Who is United's player of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marlowe78

I can't see how it's anyone other than Ibrahimovic. Our only real goal scorer, scored the winning goals in CS and League Cup Final, has helped us through Europa, etc. The only one with a trace of a case is Valencia.

blitz133w

Zlatan is the only player who scores for us consistently. But its crazy how many chances he's fluffed every game. I wouldn't consider him the best united player. Valencia for me is the one. A solid 8/10 every game he plays. Our defence record has been simply great this season plus his crossing and attacking has improved in the last year. Nowhere near his peak but still good.

Denis79

Valencia for me, consistent through out the year. What a fantastic year he's had.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Zlatan, Valencia, Mata, with Zlatan comfortably ahead of the other two.

Sterling Archer

Remember when Own Goal was in contention for this a few seasons back? Gosh we could have used him this season. Moreso than Kante!

his illegitimate son on the opposition team, 'Missed Chances', has really thrown a wrench in our season

el3mel

Best players this season in order :

1-Zlatan
2- Valencia
3 - Herrera
4-Mata
5-Rojo

Andersons Dietician

Kinda feel like we should boycott player of the season. I mean the only 3 are Valencia, Zlatan and Herrera but in all honesty I think Valencia has been quite poor just consistent in how poor he has been. Zlatan scored a lot of goals but really he's been kind of rubbish.

Herrera has been quite inconsistent but when he has been good he's maybe had the best displays out of the team so if I had to give it to anyone it would be him. Grudgingly though.

Actually I think Carrick for his performances has been really good. Our best period of performance came with the re-introduction of him to the team and Thursday he was majestic.

Clas Sified

Kinda feel like we should boycott player of the season. I mean the only 3 are Valencia, Zlatan and Herrera but in all honesty I think Valencia has been quite poor just consistent in how poor he has been. Zlatan scored a lot of goals but really he's been kind of rubbish.

Herrera has been quite inconsistent but when he has been good he's maybe had the best displays out of the team so if I had to give it to anyone it would be him. Grudgingly though.

Actually I think Carrick for his performances has been really good. Our best period of performance came with the re-introduction of him to the team and Thursday he was majestic.
i think that's quite unfair considering that Valencia's been a defensive rock all season and been our only attacking outlet at times, pretty much running the whole right flank by himself.

Andersons Dietician

i think that's quite unfair considering that Valencia's been a defensive rock all season and been our only attacking outlet at times, pretty much running the whole right flank by himself.
He hasn't really been a defensive rock. He's never really been all that challenged(today he'll be challenged) his crossing has been woeful, his impact has been woeful, he rarely puts in any threatening crosses and to be honest people run off of him far too easily so I would grudge saying he has been worthy of an accolade of player of the season.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Surely Herrera deserves some award at the year end ceremony. He has probably produced 2 of the finest performances by a Utd player in last 7-8 years at the very least

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Do you understand it now?
I voted for Herrera before the Chelsea game, his performance yesterday just underlines why it makes sense.

For me, Ander is the real big game player in this United team. Man of the match at Anfield, man of the match at Old Trafford against Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. Transformed our team at half-time against City.

Even in the League Cup final, which is rightfully regarded as Zlatan's moment, Herrera was pivotal: won the free kick for Ibra's first, crossed in sweetly for the winner, and was the only one of our expensively assembled midfield to show up.

When the chips are down, when we need drive and energy and a little bit of fight, Ander Herrera comes through for us more times than not. He started the season against Bournemouth and got dropped for Pogba. Didn't sulk. Didn't have his 'camp' talking to the media about a transfer. Just got his head down, played his socks off against the likes of Northampton, and proved he deserved to be a first XI player.

I can see why Ibra would win player of the season but, for me, Ander Herrera has been Man Utd's heart this season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I've noticed that Zlatan is going to win on this thread, but if you look at the matchday forum, he's around the middle for our starting players.

1. Valencia
2. Bailly
3. Mata
4. Herrera
5. DDG/Zlatan
6. Phil Jones

They're the players who are the highest.

Some other interesting bits -

Zlatan has 7 MOTM awards based on those rankings, Rashford has five (will be 6 after yesterday I bet), yet they have the same MOTM in the leagues. Herrera has six MOTM awards, Valencia only has one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Do you understand it now?
He's a midfielder and has controlled one game properly.
Next thing people are looking to rub others noses in it for questioning him, and a load are calling for him to be captain.

This place man.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Zlatan
Herrera
Valencia

Honorable mention to Rojo.

Walters_19_MuFc

I'd say Valencia. Been our most consistent, in my opinion.

Honorable mentions go to:

Ibrahimovic - Our top goalscorer. Has scored some really important goals.

Rojo - Has been more or less a main stay in our back four, and regardless of who he's been partnered with, he's always stepped up.

Lentwood

How can anybody in their right mind have Juan Mata above Rojo!?!?

That is staggering. Just goes to show how wildly different individual opinions on football can be

I personally would say their are 4 contenders

1. Zlatan - top scorer
2. Rojo - been our most consistent CB and has turned his Utd career around
3. Pogba - forget what the media say, he has been influential in most of our games
4. Valencia - steady as they come at RB all season

The rest haven't done enough consistently enough imo

Skills

Snitch
I've said Zlatan for now because of the league cup final. But our season has a long way to go. Whoever stands in this stretch to the Europa League and the big games in the league coming up will deserve it. In many ways, everyone's on equal ground from now till the end of the season.

anant

How can anybody in their right mind have Juan Mata above Rojo!?!?

That is staggering. Just goes to show how wildly different individual opinions on football can be

I personally would say their are 4 contenders

1. Zlatan - top scorer
2. Rojo - been our most consistent CB and has turned his Utd career around
3. Pogba - forget what the media say, he has been influential in most of our games
4. Valencia - steady as they come at RB all season

The rest haven't done enough consistently enough imo
You're having Pog over Ander and despite this are commenting about Mata being nominated by 3-4 caf members:rolleyes:

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Can't remember Valencia having a bad game. He's my Poty.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
One game doesn't determine player of the season. Valencia or Ibra are miles ahead in terms of consistency.
Miles ahead is blatant exaggeration. All three are quite clearly our most consistent and best players this season, but it's not like Ibrahimovic has been so much better than it means Ander is 'miles' behind. Ibra went 6 full games (540 minutes) without a single goal or assist earlier in the season.

Lentwood

You're having Pog over Ander and despite this are commenting about Mata being nominated by 3-4 caf members:rolleyes:
Yes. Pogba has been one of our best players in the majority of our games. Herrera has had one very good game, some decent games and some pretty poor.

Mata has decent stats but has done nowhere near enough consistently enough

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Miles ahead is blatant exaggeration. All three are quite clearly our most consistent and best players this season, but it's not like Ibrahimovic has been so much better than it means Ander is 'miles' behind. Ibra went 6 full games (540 minutes) without a single goal or assist earlier in the season.
Herrera has been bang average in many games this season.

anant

Yes. Pogba has been one of our best players in the majority of our games. Herrera has had one very good game, some decent games and some pretty poor.

Mata has decent stats but has done nowhere near enough consistently enough
There'd be only a handful of performances where Pogba has put in very good performances. And I'm not sure which very good of Herrera you are referring to? He was exceptional versus pool and Chelsea and has had acceptable performances at the very least in nearly all games expect a couple of them in Jan-Feb.

Mata has done far more than Pogba as well. But it's your opinion and it's completely fine if you think that Pog has been better

Bruno8

1.Tony V - best & most consistent player in the team. Won most of POTM awards
2. Mata - put out some best performances and key player in attack
3. Ibra - scored most goals despite not really playing well in most games