United v Galatasaray, Sweden at Saturday, 7:30 PM local (6:30 BT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

Obviously it's a preseason friendly and we're not at match sharpness yet, but Gala look considerably better than us and that shouldn't be the situation with the team we've put out. Schneiderlin, Herrera and (aside from the cross) Valencia look like mid table players at best right now. Rooney looks like a fan who won a competition (again).

Obiorahking_

The Schneiderlin-Herrera combo in the midfield can only produce something when the instructions are to press and steal balls near the halfway line area. You can't just sit back, absorb pressure and then ask of them to play the ball out of the back. None of them can do that.
Couldn't have said this any better.

parisite

Well most of it I can put down to lack of games but to me Shaw looks porky and way off the pace, further off than he should really be.

AkaAkuma&

We need both Pogba and Matuidi, because the midfield has been atrocious. We need a better mid if we are to challenge for trophies.

Obiorahking_

Obviously it's a preseason friendly and we're not at match sharpness yet, but Gala look considerably better than us and that shouldn't be the situation with the team we've put out. Schneiderlin, Herrera and (aside from the cross) Valencia look like mid table players at best right now. Rooney looks like a fan who won a competition (again).
The entire team looks like mid team players. Even Ibra.

Ban

I will give this to Rooney, compared to last years pre-season he's playing like Zidane out there.

Cracking goal from Zlatan. Bailly's looking awesome.

Anyway, this team is very overrated and even with the addition of Pogba and Smalling we'll struggle for top 4, nevermind challenge for the title. I was scared that José would play Mkhi on the right, with a Rooney or Mata behind Zlatan and it seems he's going that way. Hopefully he doesn't take a good chunk of the beginning of the season to figure out that Mkhi isn't a RW and Mata and Rooney aren't good enough as #10s. Getting more games under our belts isn't going to change that.
You are aware Mickhi played more at RW than as a AM for Dortmund?

Walters_19_MuFc

People do realise this is the first time these players have played together, and that for a lot of players, it's their first game back?

Yes, it hasn't been great, but its pre season. The players are bound to look a bit sloppy and disorganised.

I must say; however, we need to get the ball wide. All this BS we play down the middle is pointless. We've got a 6ft5 guy in Ibra in the box, along with Rooney, who has enact of getting onto the end of crosses, yet we try and play this through the middle.

Look at the goal. Get it wide, get a cross in and goal. We need to stop complicating things.

worldinmotion66

We've been done by two pieces of absolute quality, to be fair. Great ball from Sneijder and a brilliant finish from Bruma. The more worrying part is the lack of attacking threat or control on the game.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's only our 2nd pre-season game and people are losing their marbels. This should be a fun season.

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM
That team is looking pretty rusty out and with the start of the season nearing, we'd wanna hope they can shake out the cobwebs sharpish. That said, the reaction from this thread when it's only half time is unfathomable. People already losing their collective shit. Hell, we may be slow out the blocks at the start of the new season and some may already start writing us off but just wait until we get going and hit gears.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
This forum :D:D
Seriously, we always had bad pre seasons under SAF, we had very good pre seasons with LVG. It means absolutely nothing as Mourinho said they don't even analyse opponent team. However a very low number of pre season matches is a bit worrying, we might have a slow start of the season.
That is the reasonable concern people can have.

SteveW

Zlatan for Rashford weakens us considerably. I fear that's the plan though :(

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I realise people are bashing Rooney.
I'm not a fan and I want him sold.
But the fact that we are 1 goal down is not Rooney's fault.

And the excuse, "we are not match fit", is wearing thin.
First Dortmund (who got beat recently by MCFC) and now Galatasary.

Anyway, the game is not over and we need a win to boost confidence.
I highly doubt that losing pre-season games is part of our plan.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
This forum :D:D
Seriously, we always had bad pre seasons under SAF, we had very good pre seasons with LVG. It means absolutely nothing as Mourinho said they don't even analyse opponent team. However a very low number of pre season matches is a bit worrying, we might have a slow start of the season.
The concern isn't the result or the performance to much degree, it's the glaring lack of match fitness of our players, they've looked miles miles behind both Dortmund and Galatasary. Under SAF we never played so few friendlies.

The Red Thinker

For all the Van Gaal sympathisers. This is largely Van Gaal's planning for the number of preseason games.

Not playing against City in China has really hurt us in our preseason development. We have to treat the Everton testimonial as a proper game now.

acnumber9

If Pogba cannot help, what is the point spending all the dough on him?
He should help us going forward. He's probably not going to help us control midfield. I could be wrong though. It's not me spending the money on him. If we're relying on Schneiderlin picking passes for us and controlling midfield then I predict we'll be disappointed.

settembrini

Calm down man. Rooney, Zlatan, Martial, Schneiderlin and De Gea are all playing for the 1st time this pre-season.
I know. I'm not expecting them to look great or even good. However this is worse than I anticipated.

Who lost his man for their first goal btw? My stream stopped right after they scored and I missed the replays.

Dazzmondo

The lack of pressing in our team is quite worrying. Herrera and Schneiderlin have been very ineffective in midfield imo. Martial has looked pretty good. Ibra seems to exude class whenever he touches the ball. I think Bailly has done well. Valencia's been decent. The rest have been pretty poor. Rooney has given the ball away a lot. Thought the 2 cms were at fault for the 2nd goal even though it was a great strike by Bruma. Mkhitaryan has been isolated and most of that is his own doing. He's not been in the right position consistently throughout the first half. The few times he has touched the ball he hasn't done anything useful with it. Also offside quite a lot. Poor all-round from him in the first half. Hopefully he improves in the 2nd half if he stays on. Bailly has looked strong and has demonstrated some good passing imo. He has definitely looked the most comfortable of our defenders. Not very encouraging. I'd expect to see a number of changes at half time.

Obiorahking_

We've been done by two pieces of absolute quality, to be fair. Great ball from Sneijder and a brilliant finish from Bruma. The more worrying part is the lack of attacking threat or control on the game.
Need a lot more intensity and risk in trying to win the ball back

Mister_Stubbs

We are much more suited to a 4-3-3 in my opinion, especially if Pogba comes in. I know it's his first game but Rooney just looks out of place again.

DevilRed

We look like a new team playing together. Alot of time needed for these players to gel. We arent even close to match fit at the moment. Some of them look exactly like they have just come back from holidays.

NK86

LVG's final gift to us was setting up this barebones pre season. How the feck was 2 games ever going to be enough for the players to get match fit? Senile old cnut.
I dislike LVG as United manager as much as the next guy, but Jose was announced well back and he was obviously already wrapped up even earlier. He could have added some more games, like we did against Wigan, if he thought it was needed.

Though reading this thread really makes me feel we are just not ready for the start of the PL in a couple of weeks time.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Move Miki to 10. role and sub Rooney with Jesse. Sub Herrera with Mata, I think the game will look better.

Jig1234

Why did we Sign Mkhitaryan to do what Juan Mata does on the RM/RW. Another top player out of position. Rooney is not a no.10 never has been. Biggest myth ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.