Unpopular Football Opinions

Baxter

Rooney is better than Van Persie. Definitely unpopular outwith United fans.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Hernandez is shit ability wise. The only thing hes good at is scoring goals (ironic), but hes probably the worse striker we have ability wise.
I wouldn't say that's an unpopular opinion. I think most people here would agree and can accept that Hernandez is a poacher whose all-round game still needs a lot of work for him to become a top all-round player.

Chabon

Manchester United going 25 games undefeated in the European Cup is a substantially superior achievement to Arsenal going 49 games undefeated in the Premier League, and, indeed, pretty much any other undefeated record you could name.

Those four seasons from 2007-11 were, by a significant margin, the greatest run of form in the history of the European Cup. It's ridiculous we only got one trophy out of it.

AVARiCE

Barcelona's system only works because, on top of the masses of talent the players have, their players are clearly much, much fitter than most other clubs.

When they played three energy-sapping games in a row this week it's no coincidence they looked to leggy towards the end of the second leg and, in turn, were nullified by Chelsea. Sprinting to press the ball every time you lose it will only last you so long.

Drainy

no-ones come out with the obvious unpopular United related opinion? The Glazers have been good owners.

Seen a couple of Journos come out with it and rightfully get hounded by pretty much everyone.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Gareth Bale isn't the best player in the world. Shocking I know.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
no-ones come out with the obvious unpopular United related opinion? The Glazers have been good owners.

Seen a couple of Journos come out with it and rightfully get hounded by pretty much everyone.
I think it's supposed to be an opinion you have yourself that other people would deem wrong, thus being unpopular.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Somehow he gets into the premier league team every year, and gets talked about vastly improving whenever award season comes around and usually does feck all after it.

AlwaysRedwood

That we shouldn't have signed Berbatov.

Said it before the transfer and was attacked endlessly on here. Still believe it today.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No wonder you were attacked for that if that's all you said. No 'and'? With that kind of opinion you need to add something to it. That simple statement just looks stupid.

AlwaysRedwood

No wonder you were attacked for that if that's all you said. No 'and'? With that kind of opinion you need to add something to it. That simple statement just looks stupid.
Still a cnut? Congrats.

I really don't because it's been covered ad nauseum on this site and you blow your shit every time, but I will anyway since I was right.

Always have said he would slow down our attack and not fit in well with the team. Also thought he was a big game bottler. Stand by it. He hasn't and he is.

Quality player, wrong team.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Scott Sinclair and Dembele could do a job here. :wenger:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Scott Parker isn't that good.

England's "Golden Generation" of 2006 did not have the talent to earn such a tag and were actually weaker than England sides of previous tournaments.
How good is Parker then? On the second point, that English team contained players from the top 4 who were doing well in European competition, they definitely underperformed. Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Cole, Ferdinand, Neville, Scholes, J Cole...

The only thing keeping Ryan Giggs in the team this season has been sentimentality. If he were a defender and he put in comparable performances in a position like Gary Neville's like Gary last season, people would be saying he should probably retire. Sorry but a few vital assists and a couple of crucial goals just aren't enough for me when our midfield is shaky as feck whenever he is in it. I put it to you that if we played a midfield that could kill off the game instead of throwing Giggs in there, the Norwich goal wouldn't have been as necessary as it was.
I agree wholeheartedly.

Thierry Henry was very good, but overrated. As was Arsenal's 2004 side, who only won a single trophy and have never retained the league title. Which is the hallmark of a great side.
The invincibles were a great side. And Henry is arguably the best striker in the Premier League era.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How good is Parker then? On the second point, that English team contained players from the top 4 who were doing well in European competition, they definitely underperformed. Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Cole, Ferdinand, Neville, Scholes, J Cole...

I agree wholeheartedly.

The invincibles were a great side. And Henry is arguably the best striker in the Premier League era.
That's definitely the operative word.

gormless

Manchester United going 25 games undefeated in the European Cup is a substantially superior achievement to Arsenal going 49 games undefeated in the Premier League, and, indeed, pretty much any other undefeated record you could name.

Those four seasons from 2007-11 were, by a significant margin, the greatest run of form in the history of the European Cup. It's ridiculous we only got one trophy out of it.
Might be being stupid here but...

first final vs Barca, Munich away?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Anderson is shite and will never make it here.
I've noticed that this is one that will get you a lot of criticism on here. I've not been as bold as you in the thread about his future, but I have said largely the same thing as you and been attacked for it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
While I've never really stated it categorically, just by looking at his thread, I can see I would get a lot of criticism if I said that Fletcher is no more than decent and isn't too much better than Scott Parker.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Still a cnut? Congrats.

I really don't because it's been covered ad nauseum on this site and you blow your shit every time, but I will anyway since I was right.

Always have said he would slow down our attack and not fit in well with the team. Also thought he was a big game bottler. Stand by it. He hasn't and he is.

Quality player, wrong team.
You really are just a big bag of tough nails aren't you. This feeling of fear I get every time you speak. Your location says LA but are you really not Ross Kemp from Extras?

You didn't get at all what I said did you. My point was that he was a big big contributor to our title and if we hadn't have bought him we wouldn't have won it. Maybe if we haven't had bought him and bought someone else we would but you didn't say that. That was my point in asking. Cause if you didn't specify that then, like I said before, no wonder people didn't agree with you.