Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
We can do this after every game Memphis plays. But did you lump any money on Memphis getting more than a 5 out of 10 in a PL match? Hope you did. ;)

Anyway, this is a lesson that we all need to wait until at least xmas to know if I'm completely wrong or completely right about Memphis. FWIW I think he will be good next season because Suarez also had an ordinary first season from the Dutch league and Memphis is two leagues below that genius of a footballer. That was my point when I made my opinion.
Pathetic. He made a couple of great chances for himself today that he didn't take. Another day and he gets a brace. All the signs suggest he's going to be a key player for us.

No you didn't compare him to Suarez. You compared him to Jordan fecking Ibe, a player who based on what he's shown at LFC so far, will probably be at QPR in a couple of seasons.

I don't really know why you do this. 9 times out of 10 you end up embarrassing yourself.

ZDwyr

We really need Fellaini to be available. Whether that is starting or as an option on the bench. Is a very important player for us.

Name Changed

weso26
We really need Fellaini to be available. Whether that is starting or as an option on the bench. Is a very important player for us.
He is very important to our long ball strategy which will be evident sooner rather than later as it will be our best way of scoring.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Benteke is actually a good striker and would have been a sensible signing for United.

JoaquinJoaquin

If LVG doesn't get a striker in by the end of the transfer window it will turn out to be a pivotal moment in which he could of dug his own grave.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Januzaj isn't physically strong enough to be a #10 for us. He is at his best running at players (just like Memphis) and should running and creating from the wing or on the bench for Herrera.

Mindhunter

Knee-jerk or not, we will win feck all in the LVG era. We seem to be too worried about how we set up, pass the ball, which leg we use while defending and not at all about putting the ball at the back of the net.

Roman Bellic

Prick
We are fine as long as the end game is for LVG to perfectly indoctrinate his philosophy.

Otherwise,any other top European manager would have signed Better players and fixed all our problems for the amount we have spent and put them in a system that is actually tried and tested ,fluid and easy to understand.

markhrad

I think the start of this season proves that our problem last season was not due to our strikers, it was the lack of creativity of our players like Mata. Many who criticized them longed for Rooney to be played in his "natural" role as a No 9. Now Rooney is our starting No9 he is looking just as bad and he does not even have the same skill as RVP to create his own goals.
I also think that it wont be long for some fans to start unfairly criticizing Memphis by saying that he is selfish and has poor decision-making aka "lack of intelligence".
If it were up to me I would get a creative central midfielder and get rid of Mata, a good No9 and play Rooney as a No10 but not as the main focus of our play.
I like our defense and defensive midfield set-up.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Benteke is actually a good striker and would have been a sensible signing for United.
I agree, he'd have been a decent option. I'd have paid nowhere near what Liverpool did for him, though.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Memphis has been poor in all our premier league games, and only played well against Brugge because the quality of their defenders was poor!

ZDwyr

Brendan Rogers would have us playing superb attacking football with the exact same players LVG has at his disposal right now, pre-season youngsters included.
I agree. Not sure we'd be very solid defensively though.

JohnnyLaw

Brendan Rogers would have us playing superb attacking football with the exact same players LVG has at his disposal right now, pre-season youngsters included.
What makes you think that? I haven't watched Liverpool yet this year but last year thet were certainly not superb going forward. And he really has no excuse when it comes to his squad, they've spent nearly as much as us and the majority of the money spent has gone toward improving their offense.

crossy1686

career ending
We're playing pretty good football for the start of the season :nervous:

We never start well so I'm just happy we've picked up 7 points so far. If we're still playing like this come November I'll be upset about it but for now, we're on the right track. It could be worse, we could be playing like Chelsea and getting the results Chelsea are getting.

prath92

Yes he is doing really well with the squad he has (which he himself created )

Tosicsleftpeg

Thomas Tuchel will be a better manager for Dortmund than Klopp was.
That's a very unpopular opinion.

Remember the only way tuchel even has the means to being in great players and has great players at his disposal is from Klopp and what he has built there. I think he'd have to win multiple titles and possibly even the CL to top kloppmeister

NJM78

Knee-jerk or not, we will win feck all in the LVG era. We seem to be too worried about how we set up, pass the ball, which leg we use while defending and not at all about putting the ball at the back of the net.
Unfortunately I concur.

LeftyBlaster

What makes you think that? I haven't watched Liverpool yet this year but last year thet were certainly not superb going forward. And he really has no excuse when it comes to his squad, they've spent nearly as much as us and the majority of the money spent has gone toward improving their offense.
Yes he is doing really well with the squad he has (which he himself created )
IMO his dealings with the transfer market haven't done him any favours, that much I agree; that the team he has created hasn't really performed. But then again Liverpool didn't perform for his first season when they needed to gel and adapt to his instruction. They blew pretty much everyone away in the league the next. (yes I know Suarez was a huge factor).

I say so because he clearly knows how to make his team exploit space, move off the ball and to bring out the strengths of his key playmakers in Coutinho and Sterling. Sounds simple, but when they finished second you could tell by their play that a lot of it was down to the players having a good rapport with each other, something that only comes with game time. Also, Sturridge is a far better striker than many people give him credit for.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I hate the term 'bromance', especially in a footballing situation.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Van Gaal isn't getting enough credit for the structure and discipline he's brought to the team. People criticise him for odd decisions, but don't give him credit when seemingly strange decisions pay off (e.g. Blind at CB).

Status
Not open for further replies.