Unpopular Opinions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

Kleberson impressed me when he played in midfield for United. Had a good range of passing with either foot. Feel he just wasn't given a fair run in the side.

Rooney24

We should have sold Rooney when we really could have got the big cash for him

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
LMfeckingAO. ROFLCOPTER. You play one glorified friendly and Memphis is suddenly worth 30m. Fark me, Utd fans transformation into 1990's league-deprived Liverpool fans is now complete. Please collect your clothes and coupons and move down the line.

And let me pop over the to the worse miss ever thread, and ooh there he is. The million dollar man. I was at snooker so missed your final pre-season friendly game but switching on Talksport they were talking about his miss more than his goals. Yes, put some more money on him.
Clubb Brugge. The team that stuffed Besiktas 5-2 over two legs in last years Europa league. A team you lot couldn't beat. If fact you lot couldnt beat a team from Bulgaria who nobody had heard of without diving to win a pen at Anfield. You could only draw away.

So maybe if you could actually beat teams like these you might be in the top division of European football.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Clubb Brugge. The team that stuffed Besiktas 5-2 over two legs in last years Europa league. A team you lot couldn't beat. If fact you lot couldnt beat a team from Bulgaria who nobody had heard of without diving to win a pen at Anfield. You could only draw away.

So maybe if you could actually beat teams like these you might be in the top division of European football.
That doesn't make those teams good. That just shows how shit Liverpool were/are. :(

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And at the same time it shows that it's not really a 'glorified friendly' as much as you'd love to downplay and underrate those teams.
You'd agree you got possibly the easiest team you would have liked to have faced in the draw. Glorified friendly was just me over reacting last night (jeez, don't take everything literally :) ) but these European games do start coming thick and fast. I'm sure you'll do alright in the group stages. Just hope it takes it out of you as it did us.

Jerch

LMfeckingAO. ROFLCOPTER. You play one glorified friendly and Memphis is suddenly worth 30m. Fark me, Utd fans transformation into 1990's league-deprived Liverpool fans is now complete. Please collect your clothes and coupons and move down the line.

And let me pop over the to the worse miss ever thread, and ooh there he is. The million dollar man. I was at snooker so missed your final pre-season friendly game but switching on Talksport they were talking about his miss more than his goals. Yes, put some more money on him.
The fee was £19.2m rising to £22m according to transfermarkt and according to some reliable dutch journalists. Most english papers reported the £25m price with addons, only BBC reported £31m because they just changed euro into pound.

Sauce:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/memphis-depay/profil/spieler/167850

JoaquinJoaquin

So if you were league deprived in the 1990's, what does that make your heap now?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think people are expecting way too much from Pereira too soon. I don't think he's ready to be a big part of our Premier League squad... yet.

Dreaded

No one directly outside a few people at the club know what goes on behind the scenes in a potential or actual transfer.

Many on here comment, assign blame and responsibility to individuals based on perceived outcomes as it was they knew exactly what happened or was happening.

In reality it is nothing more than people making wild guesses and believing whatever media report or Twitter feed fits with their own preconceived opinions on the individuals.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
No one directly outside a few people at the club know what goes on behind the scenes in a potential or actual transfer.

Many on here comment, assign blame and responsibility to individuals based on perceived outcomes as it was they knew exactly what happened or was happening.

In reality it is nothing more than people making wild guesses and believing whatever media report or Twitter feed fits with their own preconceived opinions on the individuals.
I love when people discuss the details of payments in regards to transfers. How on earth would they know, probably a couple of people from each club know.

DiceRoller

I love mourinho in a non gay way. For me he's a character that sparks up the game, he had that charisma and how i wish he could become our manager one day.
I think he's one of the most detestable men in football. And I really hope he never takes over at OT.

Ask Anders Frisk, a referee who had to retire because of death threats resulting from Mourinho's lies, if he's a "character that sparks up the game."

He's scum.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/mar/13/football.deniscampbell

imperi

I am glad we did not sign Pedro (not the way we handled it obviously).

Id rather we are developing and nurturing our own youth and signed talent than buying players at their peak years, even if this means it'll take us more time to get back on top. I understand that, in order to grow, you sometimes need those players and you need experience but with just buying players like we are playing FM does not create any sort of love or bond with the club, on the contrary. Winning and losing together through the years, seeing players grow and develop, falling and getting up again maintains and creates the love we all have for the club. Not getting rid of all those who didnt reach their potential that season and replace them with absurd amounts of money and getting mercenaries. I hope we keep some of the old Manchester United spirit, instead of turning into one of dozen as the likes of Chelsea, City and Spurs.

SambaBoy

We should drop Rooney completely. The way he's used the club in the past, questioning our ambition and the talent of our players and he now looks like the weak link in the side, we should go all out for a top striker now and put Rooney on the bench. A sign that we have ambition and a kick up the arse for him that he can't get what he wants.

Annoys me the reception he gets at OT. Tries to leave every few summers and then gets a massive reception when he stays. No doubt he's a cracking player or was (that remains to be seen) but he's not a United legend and will never be IMO.

World Game

Don't need new RW, Mata is good enough.
Don't need new CB, Blind is good enough.
Don't need new GK, Romero is good enough.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
We should drop Rooney completely. The way he's used the club in the past, questioning our ambition and the talent of our players and he now looks like the weak link in the side, we should go all out for a top striker now and put Rooney on the bench. A sign that we have ambition and a kick up the arse for him that he can't get what he wants.

Annoys me the reception he gets at OT. Tries to leave every few summers and then gets a massive reception when he stays. No doubt he's a cracking player or was (that remains to be seen) but he's not a United legend and will never be IMO.
George Best treated the club worse but is a huge Utd legend.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
George Best treated the club worse but is a huge Utd legend.
You cant compare Rooney and Best in terms of quality, that probably gives Best the edge. Im not so sure if I'll call Rooney a legend at the end of his tenure, he's been a terrific player and will maybe even break our record, but he isnt really a legendary player imo. He's been at the very top of his position for too short time imo to be that, aside his conflicgs with the club.

Riz

You cant compare Rooney and Best in terms of quality, that probably gives Best the edge. Im not so sure if I'll call Rooney a legend at the end of his tenure, he's been a terrific player and will maybe even break our record, but he isnt really a legendary player imo. He's been at the very top of his position for too short time imo to be that, aside his conflicgs with the club.
This. Rooney's been excellent for us over the years but there's a debate as to whether he's one of the players of his generation, Best is one of the greatest ever.

prath92

Hugo Lloris is overrated so much that he is shown as twice the keeper e actually is. He is just a Romero with PL experience

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im not comparing them in terms of quality. I was making the point that treating the club badly doesnt mean a player cant become a legend.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I hate Mata on the right wing, it just makes us weak on that side, with Memphis on the left we need another player who will be able to cause problems for defenders.

Mata for what its worth brings that much needed creativity to the team but he can do a better job in the middle with 2 pacey wingers beside him, Januzaj can start cup matches and certain away games.

ghagua

Kleberson impressed me when he played in midfield for United. Had a good range of passing with either foot. Feel he just wasn't given a fair run in the side.
I think the same thing. There was a game against Blackburn where he was the best player on the pitch, but he was taken off at half time. I think he had a great shot from long distance in that game as well.

Robbie Boy

Hugo Lloris is overrated so much that he is shown as twice the keeper e actually is. He is just a Romero with PL experience
While he may be overrated to some extent, he's a very good keeper and he's far better than Romero. Ask any neutral fan which one they would rather have and the answer would be damning. Unpopular indeed.

Robbie Boy

I think the same thing. There was a game against Blackburn where he was the best player on the pitch, but he was taken off at half time. I think he had a great shot from long distance in that game as well.
He was definitely a talented player. He was impressive in the 2002 WC Final when he would have only been 22 or 23. I feel he was maybe too lightweight and obviously coming from Brazil, he needed time to settle. I think Gilberto moved to Arsenal at the same time and everyone thought we had got the better player. That didn't go too well. I'm not sure why Kleberson never built on his early promise and obvious potential. He always gets lumped into the same sentence as Djemba-Djemba, but was a far superior player.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Falcao would have done much better than Pub Rooney so far this season.

His loan should have been extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.