"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Squad is bloated anyway. Shifting 11 who aren’t dying for the cause should be a no brainer. Sign a couple midfielders and promote more youth to fill the gaps and build a balanced squad.

redshaw

They should've played better under Ole and Carrick then. This season they've been really poor and way off the point total at this stage of last season. The defeat to Watford was the icing on the shit cake they've served up and check out Watford's run after they stomped us. This group of players have been giving poor teams a boost all season from the VIlla loss at home, to Everton,, Leicester, Watford Newcastle.

Also these players would be in for a shock if they had to train for City or Liverpool but I honestly think they would get onboard because of who the managers they are. It seems our group want a Pep or Klopp to tell them and they'll probably listen, were probably expecting Zidane to come in or some other type of figure. I expected this to go south because Ralf is not well known.

To be fair me and a lot of fans have waiting since 2013 for a top coach to be appointed but I don't excuse the attitudes of these players, it's appalling.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's kind of nuts that we signed Donny, Cavani, Sancho, Ronaldo, Varane, Telles and ended up worse
Not a single one signed in the position that makes a team tick. 2/3 well past their best, wages ridiculous.

Jonty

The squad should be stripped back with any bad eggs being shifted. But it's only really feasible if the club give them away given the wage structures. This is the perfect opportunity to clear the decks so that the incoming manager isn't tainted by the ongoing issues.

Eleven-Eighteen

Mctominay still locking down the midfield.. How can you ever expect to control games against anyone other than the bottom 3 (except newcastle)?
I felt bad for him in the game against Wolves. Matic kept falling to a back 3 and McTom was being spun around like a top by Neves and co

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Can't be arsed with these pricks anymore, they barely perform well under any manager and somehow it's always the coaches and manager at fault, truth is most of them are in it for the money and don't give a shit about football anymore now they are on big wages.

Foxbatt

I felt bad for him in the game against Wolves. Matic kept falling to a back 3 and McTom was being spun around like a top by Neves and co
RR may not have seen it but surely Fletcher would have seen it as Matic does it in every match he plays. But that said McTominay was never good enough. He has been terrible most games apart from the Burnley game where he was the MOTM in my opinion.

MUFC OK

We need someone better in that position. He isn't even a holding midfielder, we are hindered by our weakest players I'm afraid. Mctom, AWB and Maguire will never be good enough.

The world class players we have are on completely different wavelengths the the pretenders who arent good enough to wear the shirt.

Oranges038

If Ed Woodward felt it on himself to block transfers then there's no reason he could have suggested that players move either. There doesn't have to be any such limitation. This is a case of a player is sat on the bench for 30 odd weeks a season and neither the board nor manager take initiative to start the conversion of potentially moving the player on.
Yeah, because they look good as assets on the balance sheet. A lot of these guys were handed stupid contracts purely to preserve their market value.

Ultimately the coach / manager with the club and a director of football if there is one, should identify well in advance which players need to be shipped out and replaced. If you have a player that has barely played or contributed for years like Lingard, Jones, Mata, Bailly etc. chances are they won't be missed, they should be gone and those spots in the squad taken up by a youth player or a signing that has the potential to do better.

Roane

As a different approach maybe we should be listening to the players?

For the last few years there has been a lot made of certain players and their desire to move. Likes of Sanchez took paycuts to eventually leave. Lukaku left and then we had the whole Pogba wants to leave eventually arriving at the point where Martial wants gone and Lingard isn't signing.

I don't necessarily disagree with some folk who say sell, put in reserves or just get rid. However we as a club had players who loved the club and gave it their all. Some were expensive buys but most were on good wages. Yet didn't willingly leave.

Now I don't know more than anyone on here, probably a lot less than most, but ive not taken the Pogba saga as stated. I've always wondered what was going on behind the scenes. There has to be more to it than he just wanting out. The guy, imo, loves UTD. Yet we are where we are.

Is it possible we are at such a stage, or in such a mess that players have become disillusioned? It can't be simply training sessions until 5. After all likes of Klopp implemented theses things and have arguably more marketable players in Salah, Mane etc.

We have been quick to blame and criticise the players but just look at where we have been the last few years. Maybe the players know nothing will change so why stick around when there are medals and trophies to be won?

I know we have ardent defenders of Ole, and I have a lot of love for the guy, but really? You are a player who is at one of the biggest clubs in the world and have nothing to show for it for the past few years. Then a novice is your manager. You are told it's to get back on track but then he is given a contract. When that fails you see lioes of Conte go to spurs (despite wanting the UTD job) and are given another interim manager. Told he is here for 6 months and then we will get another.

You are given coaches who are novices and then replaced with MLS coaches. You see your colleagues being treated badly and promises broken. You don't see key areas addressed but see likes of Ronaldo bought in and now you have to basically cater for him.

Not saying I'm right here and not saying it's not the molly cuddled players either but it does make you think, no?

SuperiorXI

Sources: Daily Mirror & Daily Mail

Anyone remotely reliable reporting this? Seems like either BS or cowardly leaks by one or two players snakes who don't have the stomach to include their own names.

Greck

We need someone better in that position. He isn't even a holding midfielder, we are hindered by our weakest players I'm afraid. Mctom, AWB and Maguire will never be good enough.

The world class players we have are on completely different wavelengths the the pretenders who arent good enough to wear the shirt.
We gave so much recruitment attention to attack we're still starting Jose's midfielders in the middle. No wonder we haven't controlled two straight games in years. Jose, a manager that didn't even want possession!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can’t help but think this is an easy story to pursue and exaggerate, but I can’t say I’d be surprised either.

The only reason we’re in no position to pedal half of these eejits is down to Covid.
I think it makes sense though. The entire bench is full of players who were sold false dreams and given contract extensions under the last management and just don’t get game time. They’re definitely one group united in their grievances.

As for the other ‘cliques’, I doubt it’s as clear cut as the Portugeezers vs the English, but it certainly would make sense. Ronaldo and Bruno fecked off at the likes of Maguire and Wan Bissaka not looking like they can control a ball this season, but then also those two equally as pissed off with Ronaldo and Bruno for stinking up the gaff upfront.

In all, this side is far too shite and unproven to have such gigantic egos. It’s pretty annoying.

90 + 5min

Well, who saw that coming? Shocked I am. Thanks Solskjaer.
Wierd having a go at past manager but not at players. I guess it doesn't suit your agenda.

Some of the pretenders at the cub need to find new clubs. For their and clubs own sake. We get to move on. They get to spread negativity and being pretenders in other clubs. Everyone is happy.

macheda14

Sources: Daily Mirror & Daily Mail

Anyone remotely reliable reporting this? Seems like either BS or cowardly leaks by one or two players snakes who don't have the stomach to include their own names.
The times and the Telegraph. Wheeler from the Daily Mail is also pretty on it when it comes to United.

Eleven-Eighteen

RR may not have seen it but surely Fletcher would have seen it as Matic does it in every match he plays. But that said McTominay was never good enough. He has been terrible most games apart from the Burnley game where he was the MOTM in my opinion.
He does it so often, I couldn't tell if he was instructed to do so. We were playing a 5-1-4 in the first half. League Two teams are better set up than we were against Wolves.

Agree on McTominay. He's one of the best squad players we've had in years, but just not good enough to start every game in central midfield with both defensive and ball distribution responsibilities

90 + 5min

Just shows how massaging their egos can cause a lot of damage. There will be agents, family, friends all telling them how great they are. Fans don't always help spouting that average players are world class either.
Exactly.

Ixion

Last season when things were all gravy while we played at empty stadiums and then we hobbled over the line once fans were back had my questioning the mentality of the players. There's too many weak between the ears.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
A lot of these players would have found it to be 'oppressive' under SAF. The same would have happened under Conte.
Probably why so few of them have won anything meaningful, and the ones who did win stuff won it at other clubs.

MUFC OK

We gave so much recruitment attention to attack we're still starting Jose's midfielders in the middle. No wonder we haven't controlled two straight games in years. Jose, a manager that didn't even want possession!
Dont get me wrong many players are underperforming but we are shackled by our lack of quality in cdm. Drop any cdm from a top half club into our XI and the performances and control will improve immeasurably.

As soon as we learn to control the midfield, we can get the ball to and make the most of the talent we have.

Jack-C20

So players don’t know enough about coaching to play well unless set up properly, but know enough about coaching to think they’re not being coached right?

This seems like an easy article to write and not even sure how much is true. If it is true though they need to take some more responsibility.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm sure all of them played a big role in getting Moyes sacked. Especially the 15 year old Rashford
:lol:
And Mike Phelan who left before Moyes joined.

Lee565

If true then - Ronaldo, mata, martial, Henderson, pogba, beek, lingard, bruno, de gea, bailly, shaw or cavani?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Ragnick will never be able to implement his own style with the shit atmosphere in the squad.

lawliet354

I think it makes sense though. The entire bench is full of players who were sold false dreams and given contract extensions under the last management and just don’t get game time. They’re definitely one group united in their grievances.

As for the other ‘cliques’, I doubt it’s as clear cut as the Portugeezers vs the English, but it certainly would make sense. Ronaldo and Bruno fecked off at the likes of Maguire and Wan Bissaka not looking like they can control a ball this season, but then also those two equally as pissed off with Ronaldo and Bruno for stinking up the gaff upfront.

In all, this side is far too shite and unproven to have such gigantic egos. It’s pretty annoying.
True, and I can understand it especially when the starting 11 are not performing really good week in week out. It must be damning for some of the bench players when they see the likes of Bruno/Ronaldo/Mctominay/Maguire putting some horrible performance yet still rewarded with being starting XI no matter what barring some injuries

If the managers still persist with them while results are not getting better then he also should take part of the blame for not changing things up

Foxbatt

He does it so often, I couldn't tell if he was instructed to do so. We were playing a 5-1-4 in the first half. League Two teams are better set up than we were against Wolves.

Agree on McTominay. He's one of the best squad players we've had in years, but just not good enough to start every game in central midfield with both defensive and ball distribution responsibilities
The problem is that Matic does not have to do it. I do not know if he was instructed to do so or not but he always does it. It makes is worse because then our midfield gets overrun. We need at least one player who can control the ball and keep possession. Forget about counter attacks and fast breaks and all that sort of thing.

Ixion

The football is dreadful and in the easiest set of fixtures we could’ve hoped for.
It was dreadful before he arrived, we've deserved to win a handful of games this season. There is something fundamentally wrong with the players/squad that a few covid-interrupted weeks arent going to fix.

The Siege

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
If I were Rangnick, I'd play 11 youth and reserve team players just to make a point.
Need to start putting players in their place again.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Squad is bloated anyway. Shifting 11 who aren’t dying for the cause should be a no brainer. Sign a couple midfielders and promote more youth to fill the gaps and build a balanced squad.
Exactly. Time to be ruthless and start up properly

romufc

The players cannot come out and say these things after they have just got a manager sacked and there has been no change since.

Ralf should sideline these players, get rid of them.

I actually don't think I will miss any player if they were sold or let go for free. A few months ago, I would have had a different view but now, I don't think any player deserves my support.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
The players cannot come out and say these things after they have just got a manager sacked and there has been no change since.

Ralf should sideline these players, get rid of them.

I actually don't think I will miss any player if they were sold or let go for free. A few months ago, I would have had a different view but now, I don't think any player deserves my support.
They didn't.

macheda14

The football is dreadful and in the easiest set of fixtures we could’ve hoped for.
He’s literally had 4 days of actual coaching. We saw what he wanted with Crystal Palace in the first 30. That’s exactly how he wants to play. The players have just reverted to type. Give him at least a month more of a less hectic schedule without a covid outbreak in between before you make your judgments.