"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Red_toad

and you lot applaud these collective piece of primadonnas?

Time to start booing boys, this is unacceptable
So fans need to boo players who aren’t playing. Care to explain that one? As the media would love it and spin it as hatred of Ralf, who they don’t like as he won’t give them any juice In his interviews.

Daengophile

The one thing I would say here is that if most of the participants in this forum had been asked to make a list of players who want to leave rather than be a part of Rangnick's project, it wouldn't have been far from 11.

And if that same audience had been asked if there were 2 opposing camps/cliques you would have been pretty much unanimous.

So this isn't really news.

What, to me is news, is that pretty much to a man we think that any players who are not committed to the cause can sling their hooks. TODAY

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek, Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson

I mean, those players + Martial definitely need to leave for their career as they would otherwise rot on the bench. Who could be the other 6, though?
Oh, I can think of certain individual who has been lounging, for 2 months, in Dubai and couldn't give two fecks about United.

And don't give me "he is injured" excuse, ffs. He's been out for 2 months, we don't know what his injury is or why the feck it requires to be in Dubai

Red_toad

* Plays 37 year old former best player in the world for entire 90 minutes every game regardless of actual quality of his performance instead of using him more appropriately and giving other attackers a chance to step up.
Don’t join in with the ageist brigade, he’s still 36. Much like any striker, feed him scraps and get a scrappy performance.

nainaisson

I find it quite dumb how some here seem to put all these players in the same basket. Donny has barely been given a chance at all and Bailly has deserved a starting space for ages.
Doesn't matter if he "deserves a starting place." It's a miracle if he can stay healthy enough to start two games in row. If the club weren't so incompetently run, we'd have got rid of him years ago.

Green_Red

It will only be rectified with any seriousness when the owners start to lose some serious money. Then there'll be action. For now, there's plenty of money being made so they don't give a feck.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
You would not believe how many times I've been wishing to hear plenty of that both home and away. It doesn't help dealing with complacency when the fanbase is not hostile enough towards obvious wrongs while other clubs have had their share of hostile fans when things are going bad.

I believe the main group feeding this shit to the media revolves around Lingard (very obvious little twat), Pogba, Martial, Henderson (he's the most disappointing one if true), Rashford (feck your MBE and feck your charity; that's not your job), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (utter shit since that car accident), and Harry Maguire.

He has been to do everything his way under 2 managers now. It's not a surprise when his closest friends (former and current) at the club have shown a shitty attitude of their own.
Then there was that story about how he was going around the training ground the day Mourinho got sacked, announcing "he messed with the wrong baller."

RedDevilQuebecois

Jesse Lingard, Donny van de Beek, Eric Bailly and Dean Henderson

I mean, those players + Martial definitely need to leave for their career as they would otherwise rot on the bench. Who could be the other 6, though?
I will try shooting in the dark, but it would not be surprising considering how long they have been at the club and what status they gained despite suffering major inconsistency.

Pogba
Rashford
Wan-Bissaka
Maguire

The last two are very difficult ones to pick, but I would say it's somewhere between Mata, Greenwood, and McTominay. They are used to things done a certain way and may not like the way someone comes in to make them work even harder than ever before. Cavani will leave, but that is because of his contract rather than being disgruntled.

Last edited:

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Man, the manager gig seems more cursed than the Defence Against the Dark Arts job.

Not a plastic hoe.

If this is all true...then I just dont know where we could go from here...I never ever thought that our season will turn out this badly and trust me I'm very pessimistic:(

CloneMC16

This isn't particularly surprising. We knew there were unhappy players. We've had agents come out and say it and plenty of leaks. We also have a huge squad and a lot of those players don't get many minutes. It'll mostly be them that want out.

Henderson, Bailly, VDB, Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Martial, and Cavani are pretty much guarantees. I don't know about the other three.

Man, the manager gig seems more cursed than the Defence Against the Dark Arts job.
:lol:

Oscar Bonavena

Up to 11 players unhappy and want to leave? Good luck finding clubs stupid enough and willing to pay them the same amount of money for the shite they've produced. Maybe Newcastle in the Jan transfer window, they can seal their relegation for them.

Eli Zee

I honestly wouldn't mind it if we cleared out who wants to leave as long as we got in some solid replacements... I've seen much, much better and more likeable players come and go for us and wouldn't exactly miss any of these bunch - they are not exactly giving us much to enjoy. I actually don't really enjoy watching our games as much as previous times because this team consistently plays so badly.

Rocknrolla69er

Brilliant news, making it really easy for Ragnick to identify them, hopefully itl be acted upon and plenty moved on finally.

We've hung onto players with the wrong personality and mentalitys for waay way too long.

Okey

I hope it's true. Might give us the sorely needed chance to rebuild the squad properly, which is Rangnick's real forte anyway. With a new manager in the summer. Feel free to slam the door on your way out lads...

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Grim story if true.

As opposed to identifying the players that want out, I started naming players that I think will definitely be happy to stay. I found this exercise equally depressing. Which just about says it all regarding how much goodwill I have for this bunch of soft cnuts.

Stig

If the 11 who want to leave are basically those who are not playing then way are those that are playing, playing so badly and with no apparent interest ?

buckooo1978

this situation was always going to get worse before it gets better

I hope the next manager is able to clear this squad out of cancerous players with Rangnick supporting in the backroom.

shame on the players whove been happy to take millions and cant show the necessary attitude or commitment

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If the 11 who want to leave are basically those who are not playing then way are those that are playing, playing so badly and with no apparent interest ?
The club (pressure, expectations etc) is too big for some of the most regular players that have been featuring for us this past few seasons imo. It was well publicised that this was the year we needed to compete for the title, big names were brought in to help them do this.

I'm not saying they're shit players, we've had some respectable league finishes under these guys. But I am saying that they don't have the necessary character/elite mentality nor the top quality that is required to push on and help us achieve what the fans want.

Now that the shit has really hit the fan inside the camp, some players look to be seriously wilting.

Last edited:

jeepers

They should submit transfer requests if they want to go rather than whine to the media.

Well, those who haven’t already been running down their contracts to leave on a free of course - they can just feck-off altogether.

They are the reason the club won’t be in the Champions League next season, nobody else.
Absofeckinlutely. Sackless pricks. Why hide behind the media? Just come out and say it loud and clear.

Pronewbie

Peep
These players want out but don’t want to give up their cushy role at United. So they run out their contracts while being toxic twats. Every now and then, the Board (and/or manager) decides to offer them a contract extension to preserve their financial value or keep them happy. We’re so poorly run it’s unbelievable.

lex talionis

Those who watched the epic US television series Spartacus will remember the episode Kill Them All.

Well, that would be a bit much, but selling most of them wouldn’t be such a bad idea, if only we could find buyers at reasonable fees. No club is going to stump a fee of any real magnitude for Martial. Pogba walks out on us but I’d like to know who’s going to pay him 300/k per week. Who would want McTominay? Fred? Henderson? Maybe Lingard lands at West Ham but they’ve got a good thing going without him. Maguire has no buyers. AWB, no buyers. Shaw, no buyers. There might be some interest in Bruno, but not from elite clubs. Maybe Newcastle takes a punt on Rashford.

Mates, we’re fecked.

Denis79

:lol: if true. So suddenly when a manager demands hard work it's opressing? When their egos aren't stroked after a shit game they want out? Adios and good riddance.

Ludens the Red

Remember cultural reboot and the complete removal of toxicity around Old Trafford that meant things were going to be rosey in the future?
It’s almost as if a downturn in results regardless of who the feck the manager at the club is, is going to cause a bad atmosphere and a number of unhappy players.

bonothom

Perhaps Ralfs not as matey as Ole and he's actually asking them to run around a bit. Gee it's a hard life getting paid shit loads to play Football. I feel for these guys.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Most would gladly see these players leave, unfortunately we would just end up replacing one over paid mercenary for another.

What we should do is say to RR just pick players from the academy.
Id rather we had 11 players from the academy giving it all and failing, than have highly paid players not trying because they know they wont face any consequences.

Hell id even take a relegation to get rid of these mercenaries and the current owners.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Oh, I can think of certain individual who has been lounging, for 2 months, in Dubai and couldn't give two fecks about United.

And don't give me "he is injured" excuse, ffs. He's been out for 2 months, we don't know what his injury is or why the feck it requires to be in Dubai
If we know nothing then why are you assuming anything anyway ?

klayton88

Can we just fold the club and start again in the fourth division with brand new players? My money is on Lingard being the main shit stirrer. Massive snake vibes from him.

FujiVice

My money is on Lingard being the main shit stirrer. Massive snake vibes from him.
Why? Van Gaal, Mourinho, Solksjaer, Moyes, Southgate all loved him. His team mates adore him. What evidence would there be for him to be a snake?

Roboc7

This is what happens when you pander to a squad of massively overrated players on bloated contracts for 3 years.

Ole was sent in to appease them. It's backfiring spectacularly.
He appeased them, didn’t hold them accountable, celebrated and rewarded mediocrity and kept too many players, some with no intention of ever playing them.

Ole left behind a shambles and a group of players totally unprepared and unwilling to apply themselves when asked to raise their standards.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Someone's been talking...

LoneStar

It will only be rectified with any seriousness when the owners start to lose some serious money. Then there'll be action. For now, there's plenty of money being made so they don't give a feck.
We are certainly not going to make top 4, or maybe even top 6. So they will lose money this season.

LoneStar

There is literally nothing new in that article. He says the fringe players like Mata, Henderson, Martial and VDB want to leave (surprise surprise!).

Then he's basing some shit off Zlatans autobiography. And some stuff that pundits had mentioned in Sky Sports.

The only new thing might be that the team bonding dinner by Ronaldo had a lot of absentees in Nov apparently.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

Heres hoping RR calls out those players in public. Enough's, enough time to start culling the squad, replace those who leave with squad players and leave any other funds for the next manager

Nordmore

I'm fully behind Ralf on this. Get rid of those can't or are not willing to adapt. We've had enough of these primadonas for too long. I don't even mind us not getting top 4. It's not likely we'd get it anyway. It's time to be ruthless.