"Up to 11 players now want to leave United after becoming disillusioned with life at the club."

Kag

Can’t help but think this is an easy story to pursue and exaggerate, but I can’t say I’d be surprised either.

The only reason we’re in no position to pedal half of these eejits is down to Covid.

Tyrion

Tbf if we're judging it that way then it can't really be these players' fault either given how few of them were around when the first managerial implosions occurred. And of those that have lasted since the Moyes days, I would hardly think the likes of De Gea, Juan Mata and Phil Jones are chief among those violently spreading poison throughout the dressing room.
Exactly. Iirc, Keane said the players threw Ole under the bus just as they did Mourinho forgetting that half the team was different. Some posters here criticise this team for the last 9 years as if the lineup hasn't changed since Moyes played Swansea in his first game.

Hoof the ball

We got 30 minutes of almost perfect gegenpressing in Rangnick's debut and then not a single minute since. Coincidence?

Some of these motherduckers didn't like how hard training was compared to under Ole. They didn't like how much they were being told to press, compared to under Ole, and they put up a big feck you to Ralf in return. There's no rationale going from an impressive press in his debut, to a non-existent one since. None whatsoever.

How can Ralf get a new system to work with this lot if they're practically sabotaging the process with their absurd lack of commitment and effort?

Tyrion

Has anyone gone yet? It's been 10 minutes since those tweets were posted and still no transfer news on SSN
Given how consistently they fail to back up their talk of "needing to improve" after bad results, anyone who's talking about leaving the club would probably stay here for 30 years if it was up to them. They complain a little and pity themselves and then just repeat the process.

hobbers

This is what happens when you pander to a squad of massively overrated players on bloated contracts for 3 years.

Ole was sent in to appease them. It's backfiring spectacularly.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I find it quite dumb how some here seem to put all these players in the same basket. Donny has barely been given a chance at all and Bailly has deserved a starting space for ages.

The problem is the ones like Maguire, McTominay and Rashford staying behind to pollute the next wave with their shitness. It seems to me the British Brexit FC club protected by Phelan and Fletcher are firmly planted in the club because the team selection has barely changed.

Sell players but please don't let some of these useless ones off the hook.

FriedClams

Seriously might be worth considering getting Keane in there in some capacity.

Hoof the ball

Also, how much do you want to bet that certain players are pissy over Ronaldo coming in and demanding higher standards? We assumed that having Ronny come in would lift the squad's mentality, but we didn't consider for a minute that having players as professional as Ronaldo, Cavani and Bruno (Possibly one of the aforementioned 'cliques') would make lazy, self-important, toxic squad members even worse.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Good luck finding a new club to pay you those wages lads...

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
So are the cliques Ronaldo Bruno and their friends demanding victory and then the English lads who don’t think we are good enough to compete and look to have thrown the towel in from the minute things got rocky after Ronaldo arrived?

It’s such a mess. I’d love to know the truth of it though.

KennyBurner

Plays a 36 year old instead of focusing on the youth at the club and wondering why he has an unhappy squad? Doesnt ever want to drop him either even thought ots clear to the world he offers close to nothing.

Dante

Average bang
I find it quite dumb how some here seem to put all these players in the same basket. Donny has barely been given a chance at all and Bailly has deserved a starting space for ages.

The problem is the ones like Maguire, McTominay and Rashford staying behind to pollute the next wave with their shitness. It seems to me the British Brexit FC club protected by Phelan and Fletcher are firmly planted in the club because the team selection has barely changed.

This is one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen.

Dante

Average bang
So are the cliques Ronaldo Bruno and their friends demanding victory and then the English lads who don’t think we are good enough to compete and look to have thrown the towel in from the minute things got rocky after Ronaldo arrived?

It’s such a mess. I’d love to know the truth of it though.
Bailly, Pogba, Martial, Van De Beek, etc. aren't English.

Manny

Grammar Police
Also, how much do you want to bet that certain players are pissy over Ronaldo coming in and demanding higher standards? We assumed that having Ronny come in would lift the squad's mentality, but we didn't consider for a minute that having players as professional as Ronaldo, Cavani and Bruno (Possibly one of the aforementioned 'cliques') would make lazy, self-important, toxic squad members even worse.
I do think Ronaldo coming in has put a few of our attackers noses out of joint. I dont see why though. They had the opportunity to challenge for the league last season and fell way short. They should expect additions to the squad.

Stig

Can we send this thread to Phil the social media man ?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They should submit transfer requests if they want to go rather than whine to the media.

Well, those who haven’t already been running down their contracts to leave on a free of course - they can just feck-off altogether.

They are the reason the club won’t be in the Champions League next season, nobody else.
I would absolutely love to see that.

Stig

Rather than selling them though, I'd be in favour of simply throwing the pathetic twats straight in to the sea

That was unexpected and amusing.

RuudTom83

This is what a Manchester United manager has to put up with! even if there is no truth to the story, bloody hell it’s a media circus.

The likes of Lingard, Donny, Martial, Pogba, Henderson, Mata and Cavani can be moved on easily by the club.

But Ralf needs some help from somewhere, captain fantastic could step up as well.

Maybe Carrick saw this coming?

Hoof the ball

I do think Ronaldo coming in has put a few of our attackers noses out of joint. I dont see why though. They had the opportunity to challenge for the league last season and fell way short. They should expect additions to the squad.
There's also conflicting expectations.

Rangnick has expressed the view that United are missing pressing triggers and are not being effective in the press, which maybe other players feel affects their own ability fulfill Ralf's instructions to press, especially if Ronaldo is a very obvious reason for that to fail if he isn't matching everyone elses pressing output effort levels.

RonaldoVII

Mata has been linked with a move away.

Henderson
Bailly
Pogba
Lingard
Van de Beek
Cavani
Ronaldo
Martial
Mata

After that I’m really struggling. Maybe Luke Shaw? It would still leave one more though.
Oh no, how will we cope without them? :smirk: Nobody on that list is irreplaceable and only Ronaldo starts for us so no big deal. Hopefully Ralf can weed out the bad apples.

How many of those will go to a bigger club? Maybe just Pogba, but that's arguable. Even if Edi went to Barcelona it's a step down with how they are.

El Jefe

Let's say it's true, where did everything go wrong because we were rocking after the Leeds game and after Ronaldo's first game.

The bit about the coaches is funny because most on here were outraged with Ole's coaches so just imagine how shite the current coaches must be if our players are underwhelmed by them.

choccy77

Plays a 36 year old instead of focusing on the youth at the club and wondering why he has an unhappy squad? Doesnt ever want to drop him either even thought ots clear to the world he offers close to nothing.
* Plays the best player in the world instead of some average players.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

Yeah, you've hit the nail on the head there, British owners picking four British managers in a row and almost all of the team British. I'm like you, I blame Brexit.

choccy77

The standards under Sir Alex were so high, that the players once Moyes came in, I'm sure started relaxing and that set the tone going forwards.

Only trouble was, those players had won everything, whereas everyone under those had won nothing and just created their own level of comfort which has rotted the club and squads for 9 years.

Manny

Grammar Police
Calling it now. There will be a load of backtracking by the players tommorow when they see the fallout to these leaks.

Stuff like "we have fallen short but are determined to work on better implementing Rangnicks ideas".

Red_toad

mirror nonsense
Yep, my inside source said all the players want to fight for the fans and work much harder at improving, in addition to signing new contracts on pure performance based terms and will play for free if they don’t win.
Media yet again sticking the boot into United, making up random shite some people believe.

KGBhoy

Seriously might be worth considering getting Keane in there in some capacity.
I know what you mean, but it's unlikely to improve morale. Keano will tell them they are all a bunch of spoiled babies and to get on with it. And everyone in that squad is very sensitive apparently.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bet that includes 7 or 8 who actually have no future at United.

copen1945

It is frustrating that, after the Ole's clear-out of the Mourinho mess, there is another mess. With the abundant benefit of hindsight, it would have been better to have a permanent manager to start the process now. Rangnick, at least, should identify which players are salvageable. The eleven need to be shown the door during the winter transfer window.

captaincantona

* Plays the best player in the world instead of some average players.
* Plays 37 year old former best player in the world for entire 90 minutes every game regardless of actual quality of his performance instead of using him more appropriately and giving other attackers a chance to step up.

RedDevilQuebecois

Would be fun to hear Old Trafford give an airing to "You're not fit to, you're not fit to, you're not fit to wear the shirt."
You would not believe how many times I've been wishing to hear plenty of that both home and away. It doesn't help dealing with complacency when the fanbase is not hostile enough towards obvious wrongs while other clubs have had their share of hostile fans when things are going bad.

I believe the main group feeding this shit to the media revolves around Lingard (very obvious little twat), Pogba, Martial, Henderson (he's the most disappointing one if true), Rashford (feck your MBE and feck your charity; that's not your job), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (utter shit since that car accident), and Harry Maguire.

I love how Pogba is assumed on everyone's list though.
He has been pushing to do everything his way under 2 managers now. It's not a surprise when his closest friends (former and current) at the club have shown a shitty attitude of their own.

Last edited: