US Politics

RedTiger

Half mast
The repercussions of this farce are going to be massive, President Doofy.
You're deluded Steve. There's going to be no repercussions from this, instead it's setting the precedent that a potential federal employee doesn't need to worry about previous misdemeanours as long as it was a long time ago and they kept a diary like Adrian Mole.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Flake sounded like he is a no voter. Whether he gets pushed in line is a different matter.
If he’s decided to vote no, he will vote no. Nobody has any political leverage over him at this point. At the end of the day though he’s still a Republican living in the Republican echo chamber and the circles he talks to over the next will all be bending his ear.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
You're deluded Steve. There's going to be no repercussions from this, instead it's setting the precedent that a potential federal employee doesn't need to worry about previous misdemeanours as long as it was a long time ago and they kept a diary like Adrian Mole.
You'd think, though, that millions of female voters aren't going to plump for the Reps anymore after that.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
One thing the Dems didn't really do - at least not in the Budweiser Brett hearing - is to remind the Repubs there is plenty of evidence to show they knew about these allegations before they were brought to light.

Drainy

You'd think, though, that millions of female voters aren't going to plump for the Reps anymore after that.
The only people who will care are already Dem leaning voters. Im sure that New York and California voters will be livid.

It's pretty obvious political theatre and at the end of the day most people will vote based on the economy as usual.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
One thing the Dems didn't really do - at least not in the Budweiser Brett hearing - is to remind the Repubs there is plenty of evidence to show they knew about these allegations before they were brought to light.
Very good point indeed, poster.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I wouldn't be too sure of that, mate. Didn't more women vote for Trump than Clinton, despite knowing full well about his neanderthal views on them?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I wouldn't be too sure of that, mate. Didn't more women vote for Trump than Clinton, despite knowing full well about his neanderthal views on them?
White women.

The United

I feel bad for the women especially with Dr. Ford here today. It would always be difficult for her and any agendas others might have in this setting without having any solid collaboration from anyone else.

Seems like the guy is going to pass.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Flake and co are voting for Kavanaugh. The stakes are too high for conservatives. I am positive the Republicans are willing to lose a few seats to flip the court. America could have a conservative court for the next 20 years. There's not a chance in hell they will pass this up.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
They'll all vote Yes.
Flake and co are voting for Kavanaugh. The stakes are too high for conservatives. I am positive the Republicans are willing to lose a few seats to flip the court. America could have a conservative court for the next 20 years. There's not a chance in hell they will pass this up.
And now they re guaranteed to have a judge that won't just be conservative - no this guy will have a lifelong passion for hating on anyone on the left for the rest of his career. Russia can congratulate itself on a job well done. Polarization effort complete.

Adisa

It's not just abortion, it's voting rights, gerrymandering, gay rights etc. He's getting confirmed tomorrow.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Judge Brett Kavanaugh admitted under oath before the Senate Judiciary Committee that he did not even listen to the testimony by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford — the same testimony he was on hand to rebut.

The exchange came during questioning from Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), the former Attorney General of California and District Attorney of San Francisco.

“I only have a few seconds left and I’ll just ask you a direct question: did you watch Dr. Ford’s testimony?” Harris asked.

“I did not,” he acknowledged. “I planned to, but I did not, I was preparing mine.”

Adisa

And now they re guaranteed to have a judge that won't just be conservative - no this guy will have a lifelong passion for hating on anyone on the left for the rest of his career. Russia can congratulate itself on a job well done. Polarization effort complete.
Just look at that farce today. That was not a judge, that was a Republican politician. The GOP are putting a Republican politician in the supreme court and some think they will pass that up.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Russia has nothing to do with this. Get a grip. This is who the Republicans are. This is who theyve always been.

Adisa

Kavanuagh may have pleased Trump with his aggression but he has merely confirmed to women that they can see such a guy trying to rape a woman.
I think this women thing is exaggerated. The way his testimony will be viewed will strictly be on partisan lines. I don't think there's a single Republican woman changing her vote cause of what happened over the last ten days. The only thing it might do is force more independent women to the ballot box.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I think this women thing is exaggerated. The way his testimony will be viewed will strictly be on partisan lines. I don't think there's a single Republican woman changing her vote cause of what happened over the last ten days. The only thing it might do is force more independent women to the ballot box.
That is what I was referring to. Not the Trump brainwashed one.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Be easy for the Repubs to turn around and say why did you wait til now?