US Politics

Fergies Gum

GOP are saying they will have the committee vote tomorrow. That suggests Flake has told them he will be voting for the nomination to be sent to the senate for a vote.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
That's the point, he says one is useless and then swears to God he didn't do it as if that's useful or credible.
Were taking America here. A country whose voters belief in such a thing as alternative facts. There will be a whole lot that takes the fact he'd risk swearing to God as proof enough.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Were taking America here. A country whose voters belief in such a thing as alternative facts. There will be a whole lot that takes the fact he'd risk swearing to God as proof enough.
Oh I know that, it looked like your reply that I quoted was written as if you thought he meant that polygraphs were useful. It was just pointing out the irony.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

"We believe her, we just don't care that much I guess?"

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Oh I know that, it looked like your reply that I quoted was written as if you thought he meant that polygraphs were useful. It was just pointing out the irony.
It was more a case of I was shocked that polygraphs were even in today's proceedings.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
This is how I see it playing out.

Flake will vote with Republicans to get the nomination out of committee.

He with Collins, Murkowski and Manchin vote against Kavanaugh to defeat his nomination.

The 4 vote as a true independent group going forward. (I think Flake may run as an independent in 2020 for McCain's seat.)

All realise that Trump's political days are numbered.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

He with Collins, Murkowski and Manchin vote against Kavanaugh to defeat his nomination.

The 4 vote as a true independent group going forward. (I think Flake may run as an independent in 2020 for McCain's seat.)

I admire your optimism. I'm clinging on to this hope.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

That's the optimistic view. Even if Murkowski, Collins, and Flake peel off and vote no, they may still fall short if the likes of Manchin, Heidtkamp, etc vote yes.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

This is far bigger than Trump.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
That's the optimistic view. Even if Murkowski, Collins, and Flake peel off and vote no, they may still fall short of the likes of Manchin, Heidtkamp, etc vote yes.
Heidtkamp has no option but to vote no.

Democrats will simply stay home. She is not getting Republican votes when they have a real Republican to vote for.

Manchin is personally very popular in WV.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Good effin' grief:
Two Republicans close to the White House say Trump expressed sympathy for Kavanaugh and his family for having to listen to Ford’s tearful recounting of allegations.

Jojo <3 Mou

I feel numb.
I watched most of the hearing and I am reminded that the truth does not matter..... which is depressing.
The truth should be important and pursuit of the truth should be first priority.

We live in a sad, mad world. :annoyed:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Innocent until proven guilty, but we'll prevent any investigation to prove the guilt. He's getting confirmed tomorrow and Supreme court irrevocably shifts right for the next 20 years. Well done independents and protest voters, you really wanted to send a message. You did and here are the consequences.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I agree with Chris Cuomo, this isn't about innocent or guilty, it's about credibility. Lawmakers misunderstanding the intent of confirmation hearings due to their political bias. Surprise.

Fergies Gum

Flake needs to grow a spine and give us his firm position. His "lets try to please both sides" strategy is tiring and people are not going to fall for this act.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s through. Neither Collins nor Murkowski wants to be put in the deciding vote position, so whether Flake defects or not will have little to no impact, and that’s not even taking Joe ‘I’m undecided’ Manchin into account.

mav_9me

True to your username :)

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He’s through. Neither Collins nor Murkowski wants to be put in the deciding vote position, so whether Flake defects or not will have little to no impact, and that’s not even taking Joe ‘I’m undecided’ Manchin into account.

Even worse now (it's a thread)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Manchin votes yes, it would take Murkowski, Collins, and Flake to vote no to block it. Tall order.

Fergies Gum

I wouldn't rule out Kavanaugh getting 55+ votes. If Collins & Murkowski vote yes, then expect to see a handful of red-state Dems jump on board.