US Politics

ErranMorad

An FBI investigation is warranted after the events earlier. We had a testimony from a woman who came across as very credible and very genuine. Her story sounded truthful and compelling. The prosecutor the republicans hired could not establish any ulterior motive for this woman to voluntarily come out and go through this entire ordeal, upending her entire life. We ended the first session with everyone basically on the same page, admitting that this woman sounded authentic and credible. There were no reasons to doubt that her account of the events in 1982 was false.

The second session started with Kavanaugh coming out guns blazing & spouting insane conspiracy theories about the left, Clintons, Trump, election - in a true Trumpian style. Showed a roller coaster of emotions from anger to sadness or self pity. The prosecutor woman established a decent line of questioning and the Democrats pinned him with theirs. The suddenly Graham went ballistic out of no where. Changed to tone of questioning about the allegations to making his own allegations about the timing of the whole thing. Then the rest of the old fecks took the same line, sidelining the prosecutor woman, and going on their own rants about the timing issue. How this was brought up became the crime and the primary topic, rather than any need to investigate about the actual crime. It was straight out of the Trumpian playbook of obfuscating and changing the conversation from the real topic to ramblings about something that wasn't very important.

Everyone in the media said, they both looked credible. :rolleyes:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
No idea what that is. Should we take it to the "Explain it like I'm 5"-thread? Or is that inappropriate? Probably is given the context.
Oh no, it's ok to explain here. Boofing is the act of taking illicit substances rectally. If you've ever seen The Wolf of Wall Street there's a good boofing scene at the beginning as I recall.

Edit: you can boof legal substances too, there was a bit of a vodka boofing craze a few years ago.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Oh no, it's ok to explain here. Boofing is the act of taking illicit substances rectally. If you've ever seen The Wolf of Wall Street there's a good boofing scene at the beginning as I recall.

Edit: you can boof legal substances too, there was a bit of a vodka boofing craze a few years ago.
US politics really are the butt of jokes. sorry

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, that’s still just 60 million people out of 330 million.
Not sure how I'd classify non voters in an election where Trump is a possibile outcome.

I'd vote for a lobotomized Gorilla wearing a pink dress to prevent that. Though I guess the dems mistake was nominating someone less electable than said gorilla.

Cruella de Vil, but without the dogs, who the feck thought that'd be a good idea.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My predictions that the Republicans will group together to decide on how to confirm him with the best optics.

Any of Flake, Murkowski and Collins will be allowed their no vote to force a tie and allow Pence to have the deciding vote, much to the pleasure of the evangelicals and Trump base.

The inconsequential no votes will have minimal impact of them politically and will be quickly forgotten.

kps88

It also could be considered slang for anal sex. And there's no record of the Devil's Triangle being a drinking game anywhere on the internet but plenty about it being a threesome. Mind you there's noting nothing wrong with either of those things but he cornered himself with the needless virgin lie.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
My predictions that the Republicans will group together to decide on how to confirm him with the best optics.

Any of Flake, Murkowski and Collins will be allowed their no vote to force a tie and allow Pence to have the deciding vote, much to the pleasure of the evangelicals and Trump base.

The inconsequential no votes will have minimal impact of them politically and will be quickly forgotten.
Could two of them abstain from voting and provided the third votes in favour they still get the tie and pence decides... And chance any Dems break ranks (I'd guess not)

Edit... This suggests some Dems may break ranks (not sure of accuracy https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/09/27/breaking-we-have-the-votes-n2523402 )

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
A friend of mine posted this.

Truth to it. It’s crazy the difference in response between Judge Kavanaugh and Father Kavanaugh
In some respects... Though the institutions behind both (political or religious) have in both cases sought to preserve and protect themselves and their agenda over pursuing the allegations.

So in some ways the the responses are unfortunately very similar

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
His freshman roommate also said the same.

There were a number of things he clearly lied about yesterday:
  • Renate
  • Boofing
  • Devil's Triangle meaning
  • FFFFFFourth of July
You can read more about them here. Even the bit about ralphing although he admitted it was about throwing up, he said it was more about him not being able to handle spicy food. All of which go against Kavanaugh's claim about him being a pure virgin until 20. Not surprised the ABA have stepped in but the vote will be going ahead today anyway and he'll be confirmed.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why don't reporters ask Trump what he thinks about the way the republicans stalled when the dems wanted to nominate a scotus? Just relentlessly ask about it when he spouts his obstruction blabla never heard before bullcrap. Ask nothing else, just that, until he answers.

Drifter

American
Kavanaugh did not come out of this well. The over the top opening statement, excessive drinking of water, the twitching and sniffing and the refusal of a FBI investigation.If it was left to the public to decide his fate, on that showing ,he would be gone.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
It won't matter though. He's still getting appointed.
I expect you are right, I've said the same but Kavagnaugh has at least shown he isn't fit to sit on the Supreme, after all he just shat all over his own seat.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Most bizarre thing for me is that if is this were genuinely a 'coincidence' or a case of mistaken identity like some of the weirdo's on TV were saying when they claimed they believed Dr. Ford but also believed Kavanaugh, there's absolutely no reason at all for Kavanaugh to react and behave like he did. And I'm not talking about the rant blaming the Clintons for everything.

Just how he reacted regarding the allegations makes no sense at all, instead of remaining calm and composed and explaining why this is a complete coincidence and he had nothing to do with it, he pulled just about every defensive trick out of the book. It's just not how an innocent man would react to such heavy accusations if he had truly nothing to do with it.

Opposed to Ford, Kavanaugh also has every motive in the world to flat out lie and deny everything, it really is a matter of losing his whole life, family, career, name and reputation, all in a couple weeks, versus being appointed to the Supreme Court for the rest of his life and having the support of all of the cronies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ram him through,deal with the consequences later. That's the only thing the GOP will be thinking.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Most bizarre thing for me is that if is this were genuinely a 'coincidence' or a case of mistaken identity like some of the weirdo's on TV were saying when they claimed they believed Dr. Ford but also believed Kavanaugh, there's absolutely no reason at all for Kavanaugh to react and behave like he did. And I'm not talking about the rant blaming the Clintons for everything.

Just how he reacted regarding the allegations makes no sense at all, instead of remaining calm and composed and explaining why this is a complete coincidence and he had nothing to do with it, he pulled just about every defensive trick out of the book. It's just not how an innocent man would react to such heavy accusations if he had truly nothing to do with it.

Opposed to Ford, Kavanaugh also has every motive in the world to flat out lie and deny everything, it really is a matter of losing his whole life, family, career, name and reputation, all in a couple weeks, versus being appointed to the Supreme Court for the rest of his life and having the support of all of the cronies.
This is what does my head in too. Ford completely destroys her own life by coming out with this. Why the hell would she lie about it. Short off some sort of deep state operative dem conspiracy bullcrap, there's just no reason for her to do this.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

Yeah if there was a doubt about his temperament for being calm and cool headed enough to judge the most important cases in the country, that pretty much went up in flames.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
This morning I am particularly curious about these two men who came forward and claimed to be Ford's actual attackers. To my mind this needs an investigation because it is either true or untrue, no half-pregnant about it. One or the other but obviously I believe however that it must be a put up job, and who was responsible for the putting up of the job?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
This morning I am particularly curious about these two men who came forward and claimed to be Ford's actual attackers. To my mind this needs an investigation because it is either true or untrue, no half-pregnant about it. One or the other but obviously I believe however that it must be a put up job, and who was responsible for the putting up of the job?
Any source for that besides the NY Post?

The NY Post is like a less legit Daily Mail

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Ram him through,deal with the consequences later. That's the only thing the GOP will be thinking.
I suspect they will succeed - I also suspect that they will use it in their November elections - the Dems are trying to subvert justice etc
in truth i suspect the spin battle will come down to how long the dems held onto the accusations seemingly for maximum political impact - I actually think the republicans will ultimately spin that well enough to deal with the consequences at least in the short term - longer term I dont know if its going to become all out political war for future nominations or perhaps in a post trump era it would go back to normal (or will one of the parties take the nuclear option of expanding the court and say put 5 new judges in there... though if course where could that end)

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Funnily enough I do expect him to get appointed but I don't think it will prove to be as decisive as the Republicans want it to be in terms of solidifying their stranglehold of the legislative as well as the executive arms of government.

I think it'll have the backfiring impact of truly galvanizing the liberal forces of the States and there will be mass political movement and protests to finish the government off once and for all. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and there will be millions of women put out by his nomination and I think it will prove to be a turning point where the Trump administration really did take it too far this time.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Funnily enough I do expect him to get appointed but I don't think it will prove to be as decisive as the Republicans want it to be in terms of solidifying their stranglehold of the legislative as well as the executive arms of government.

I think it'll have the backfiring impact of truly galvanizing the liberal forces of the States and there will be mass political movement and protests to finish the government off once and for all. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and there will be millions of women put out by his nomination and I think it will prove to be a turning point where the Trump administration really did take it too far this time.
Like you I expect it to go through - I'm not convinced it will be the begging of the end for trump though - I just feel the country is too divided for it not to become juast another partisan issue

Fully Fledged

It was me. I tried to rape her. Lock me up.
Makes no sense at all.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Like you I expect it to go through - I'm not convinced it will be the begging of the end for trump though - I just feel the country is too divided for it not to become juast another partisan issue
The problem is that republican's or anyone with a hard right agenda are happy to resort to violence, or aggression but more importantly they all come out to vote and are proactive. The liberals just aren't militant enough and this is the type of issue which might spark mass movement of an unprecedented scale. I think we saw a glimmer of it with the guns issue, but rights to weapons is simply too entrenched for any significant movement to make an impact but putting a potential 'rapist' in as a judge in the supreme court of the USA? if that doesn't spark genuine political unrest I don't know what will.

America is headed for Civil War of some kind if this type of shit just keeps going on - eventually the liberals will rightfully lose their shit.

FromTheBench

U think people overestimate the affect this will have on women who vote Republican.

As if allegations was a real issue then a known accused and misogynistic Trump wouldn't have won over the potentially first female president. It that wasn't a issue then it won't be now.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
U think people overestimate the affect this will have on women who vote Republican.

As if allegations was a real issue then a known accused and misogynistic Trump wouldn't have won over the potentially first female president. It that wasn't a issue then it won't be now.
They're a lost cause frankly.

Minimalist

From this case it seems like empathy has literally become regarded as a borderline disability to half the population of the US.

People wonder why conservatives get a bad rap. Maybe if they acted borderline human it wouldn’t be so easy.