US Politics

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's hard to follow this stuff, most of these people are so old they can hardly form words.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Flake really trying to play both sides.

He votes to move it out of committee but says he wants a 1 week FBI investigation before a floor vote

Sigma

Flake did the right thing. However much I disagree with Kavanaugh's politics, after all, he's innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully the FBI is swift in coming to a conclusion.

kps88

This is such a shit show. They can just tell Flake to feck off.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I have no clue about Devil's Triangle, can't say that I've played it. As for him being a virgin until 20, obviously not. But in his situation it's understandable why he may lie as, again, saying those things would put him in a bad spot.
If that is the case, as trivial as it may seem, he has then committed perjury before the senate committee. A serious crime in any case and even more so if you hope to sit in the fecking Supreme court

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I don't have an agenda. I may be to the right, but I care nothing for the Republicans or Democrats. I see a liar accusing an innocent man and I say it. Whether Kavanaugh was a Republican or a Democrat doesn't matter. I would have said the same things either way.
At least you admitted it, you don't believe her. Now accept that whether you believe something or not doesn't influence what should be done when things like this happen and that due process should occur.

And I assume you're some kind of an expert in sexual assault?
I won't claim to be an expert, but I absolutely know more about it than you do by the sounds of it - through my own experiences and those I know. For context, an ex colleague of mine is now in jail for grooming children. But whether I had the experience or not is irrelevant. I didn't just say to you that I've published research on this that you should read - that would definitely require me to be an expert. What I said, is that many experts and academics have published this already. I don't need to be an expert in order for their findings to be credible, and you know that full well - you're just trying to deflect away from the fact that you clearly have no idea what you're talking about with a question that you know has no relevance to anything. Or you're an idiot who believes that I have to be an expert for other experts experience and life's work to mean anything - but I'll credit you with a little more intelligence than that - hopefully I'm right.

Dan

Vote on confirming him. Will just be a formality. Bet even if there isn't an investigation, Flake will vote Yes on the floor.
Hasn’t he just said he wouldn’t vote on the floor unless there’s a FBI investigation?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Flake did the right thing. However much I disagree with Kavanaugh's politics, after all, he's innocent until proven guilty. Hopefully the FBI is swift in coming to a conclusion.
Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept. It does not apply here. Nor would "beyond all reasonable doubt".

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
wtf did grassley just do, 2 hour rule? he cut off the vote for the motion and said its a "gentlemen and woman's agreement" about the week for FBI investigation ? this guy is pure scum

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Hasn’t he just said he wouldn’t vote on the floor unless there’s a FBI investigation?
You'd think he'd have to vote no, you can't see something as being worthy of FBI investigation and then just give the guy a job for life on the highest court in the land. But then again, he is Jeff Flake.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is banana republic stuff, senators aren't even understanding what is happening.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Innocent until proven guilty is a legal concept. It does not apply here. Nor would "beyond all reasonable doubt".
It's insane how many people don't get this.

Halftrack

Oh, but she, the intoxicated and drugged, barely able to stand somehow remembers the event? Okay. Oh, she started being in touch with her representatives and when Kavanaugh came up, she immediately sprang into action? Very convenient. It's almost like all of this has been planned.
Well, it's pretty fecking clear you know jack-fecking-shit about this. What the feck are you talking about, "intoxicated and drugged?" She said she had one beer, and no claims of being drugged has ever been made. And she got in touch with her congresswoman when she heard that Kavanaugh was being considered for the Supreme Court. This was before he was nominated, when he was just one out of several names on a shortlist. She believing him not being fit for the Supreme Court was what made her share her story. The press getting wind of it and coming to her home was what made her come forward publicly.

It's fine if you think Kavanaugh's testimony was more convincing (though, in fairness, that requires one to be massively fecked in the head), but it's clear as fecking day you haven't actually made an effort to even check the basic facts. Who the feck are you to say that she isn't believable when you obviously haven't even watched her testimony? You just march in lockstep with your far-right friends, because you lack the basic ability to process information and form your own thoughts. You instead regurgitate whatever shit you read on whatever scummy websites you visit.

Sigma

I believe it should also be a moral concept. Like I said, I don't want Kavanaugh confirmed because I don't align with what he believes. But Flake would vote for him if it without any hesitation if it weren't for these allegations. Although I am more inclined to believe Dr. Ford, nothing has been proven yet.