US Politics

Drifter

American
Harris Faulkner Tells Condoleezza Rice, ‘When You Invade a Sovereign Country, That Is a War Crime,’ as the Iraq War Advocate Nods Along

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice joined Fox News Sunday and discussed Russia’s invasion of, and ongoing war in Ukraine.

Russia invaded last week after President Vladimir Putin recognized the Ukrainian breakaway regions of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent. He ordered the deployment of “peacekeeping” forces to those regions, and subsequently invaded other parts of Ukraine to “denazify” the government, which is led by President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, who is Jewish.

“I have argued that when you invade a sovereign nation, that is a war crime,” host Harris Faulkner told Rice, as she nodded along in apparent agreement. “I mean, I think we’re at just a real, basic, basic point there.”

Rice was quite notably one of the most vocal and visible advocates of the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, which drew widespread international condemnation. The U.S. military went into the country based on the ultimately false pretext that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

“Well, it is certainly against every principle of international law and international order, Rice replied. “And that’s why throwing the book at them now in terms of economic sanctions and punishments is also a part of it. And I think the world is there, certainly NATO is there. He’s managed to unite NATO in ways that I didn’t think I would ever see again after the end of the Cold War.”

Then the National Security Advisor to President George W. Bush, Rice was among numerous officials touting faulty intelligence about WMDs.

During one TV appearance in the run-up to the war, Rice warned against waiting for weapons inspectors to produce a “smoking gun.”

“The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly he can acquire nuclear weapons,” she said in 2002. “But we don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.”

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They will track them down and do something or the other to them.
Hmm... I'm in Nevada... Gov Sisolak - if you can read this, hit me up, I have an idea. Or, maybe have the county tax commissioner/others look into making sure his business is on the legit (his name and business are posted in the replies to the tweet).

Funny these "patriots" running around with Jesus cross necklaces and blah blah making death threats.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hmm... I'm in Nevada... Gov Sisolak - if you can read this, hit me up, I have an idea. Or, maybe have the county tax commissioner/others look into making sure his business is on the legit (his name and business are posted in the replies to the tweet).

Funny these "patriots" running around with Jesus cross necklaces and blah blah making death threats.
The guy is apparently an MMA fighter. I looked him up and he had a short lived 0-1 record in MMA. Sounds like he opted instead to be an Alex Jones like conspiracy nutjob.

MrMarcello

The guy is apparently an MMA fighter. I looked him up and he had a short lived 0-1 record in MMA. Sounds like he opted instead to be an Alex Jones like conspiracy nutjob.
Apparently owns a business called Cannabis and Combat which sounds quite bizarre.

Correction: a podcast not business.

MrMarcello

Do most governors stroll about the public without a security detail and/or staff?

That struck me as kinda odd especially with deranged white nationalists running around.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
What Joe Biden hasn't addressed...

1. The out of control money in politics

2. Up until a couple weeks ago before the Ukraine coverage began, the USA media networks were unified in scaring every viewer with the coming civil war in America. Would be nice if he would have announced a plan to combat violent far-right extremism in the States.

RedDevilQuebecois

OK, who's that cnut shouting in the crowd and drawing boos before Biden spoke about Beau and the VA? I would put my money on Greene.

edit: It was Boebert.:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Speaking of R's

Iowa Gov Kim Reynolds giving the Republican SOTU response, now.

No matter how much staring at Joe and Nancy for an hour made me want to barf up my dinner, Republicans are twice as repulsive.
It's unforgivable that the vast majority of Republicans refuse to participate in condemning the Jan 6th insurrection. The fact that several Republicans participated in the planning of the attack on the US Capitol and only a small handful will call them out on it. Traitors and Cowards

atkar83

Wonder if he can do it this time around? Abbott isn't popular in the state but we know the R-nuts would vote anything that had an R next to it.

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/set/greg-abbott-job-approval-trend
No chance. He was asked if he wanted to clarify his stance on guns a few months back, and he said he is firm in seizing them (or something to that effect). In Texas, he may as well not even try. There are 4 large now democratic voting cities in TX being wasted on this guy that doesn't know how to read an audience.