g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

US Politics

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Go on then, wtf is Web3? And is he the voice of Kermit?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Seeing more of this lately if Biden chooses not to run.

That's a horrible article. Here is a well argued rebuttal of that rubbish
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/12/politics/hillary-clinton-2024-presidential-election/index.html

"Before we go any further, it's worth noting that neither Schoen nor Stein have sterling credentials as Democrats. Schoen worked for former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg while Stein endorsed none other than Donald Trump in the 2016 election against, wait for it, Hillary Clinton."

"Here's the Schoen/Stein argument; "If Democrats lose control of Congress in 2022, Mrs. Clinton can use the party's loss as a basis to run for president again, enabling her to claim the title of 'change candidate.'" Uh, what? Republicans winning the House (and maybe the Senate) will allow Clinton -- who spent three-plus decades as a pillar of the Washington establishment -- to position herself as the change candidate? How, exactly? There's absolutely no scenario I can imagine in which Clinton would be able to be the change candidate. Her background is simply too Washington (and politics) heavy. Plus, Schoen and Stein just got done arguing that Clinton has the right experience for the job. So, how could she run as the experience candidate and the change agent? I simply do not think that Republicans winning control of Congress in 2022 suddenly transforms Clinton into a change candidate along the lines of Barack Obama's 2008 campaign. (Worth noting again: Clinton lost that primary to Obama.)"

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: :nervous:

This and all the other threads about whatever the Americans are up to are kind of scary and incredibly funny in equal meassure.

Oh, and fascinating most of all.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's funny, when she was still a candidate for President, she was on Joe Rogan and she came off really well. I liked her ideas and she seemed to care for people. Not sure what the heck is going on except that she sees the GOP and FOX as a place to grab bag loads of money.
She can play the reformed liberal to an audience of lemmings.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Is this letter real? Because if it is, that is actually and without hyperbole how genocides start.

MarylandMUFan

Is this letter real? Because if it is, that is actually and without hyperbole how genocides start.
Holy shit. We waited until my daughter (now son), was 18 to have her begin the transitioning process but that was our choice together as a family. He is now going through the very first steps. While it's a bit strange as parents, my state has no business in being anywhere near that decision. If we thought it was the right thing to do at 16 then it's our f'n' choice, not the States. It's not an easy thing to do so it's not like someone just wakes up and decides to do it. I am so glad I don't live in that backwater place.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Holy shit. We waited until my daughter (now son), was 18 to have her begin the transitioning process but that was our choice together as a family. He is now going through the very first steps. While it's a bit strange as parents, my state has no business in being anywhere near that decision. If we thought it was the right thing to do at 16 then it's our f'n' choice, not the States. It's not an easy thing to do so it's not like someone just wakes up and decides to do it. I am so glad I don't live in that backwater place.
Not that it means much coming from a random guy on the internet, but good on you as parents!

Taught back in the day with a guy who was fired (we were Catholic School teachers, so yeah....) for the crime of publicly coming out as gay. I'll never forget (this is ingrained in my brain) what he calmly told he principal when she informed him he was not going to be retained: "If I wanted an easy life I would not have chosen this, but God made me this way and I will love who I love and you will hate who you hate. Only one of us is living in the we have been commanded." Amazing guy who has done amazing things as a public school teacher since.

MarylandMUFan

Not that it means much coming from a random guy on the internet, but good on you as parents!

Taught back in the day with a guy who was fired (we were Catholic School teachers, so yeah....) for the crime of publicly coming out as gay. I'll never forget (this is ingrained in my brain) what he calmly told he principal when she informed him he was not going to be retained: "If I wanted an easy life I would not have chosen this, but God made me this way and I will love who I love and you will hate who you hate. Only one of us is living in the we have been commanded." Amazing guy who has done amazing things as a public school teacher since.
Wow, that's an amazing response from the teacher. Born in 1972, I wasn't nearly as progressive as a kid as I am now. Kind of ashamed of my views on sexuality as a kid but I am glad I figured it out by the time I had kids. It came down to realizing I didn't make the conscious choice to "feel like a guy" or be attracted to women and carry that concept over to people that were gay or transgender. It's the logical leap that I wish more people would take as well.

Caesar2290

Personally I don't understand the outrage.

What this law does is basically withholds the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Once you reach 18 you can do it yourself. Just like drinking and smoking.

You don't like it, you move to another states that supports your views, that's the beauty of America.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Personally I don't understand the outrage.

What this law does is basically withholds the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Once you reach 18 you can do it yourself. Just like drinking and smoking.

You don't like it, you move to another states that supports your views, that's the beauty of America.
It's not just Texas that is passing laws like this.

It's also not as easy to move to another state as you suggest.

You also cannot drink at the age of 18.

I almost sense your post is a troll due to its idiocy.

Caesar2290

It's not just Texas that is passing laws like this.

It's also not as easy to move to another state as you suggest.
It's not a Federal law now, is it? Just because a hand full of Republican states are passing these laws, doesn't mean that the entire US is a Taliban hell hole.

Personally I've moved 4 states in the past 5 years. Will probably move again soon. So it's definitely not as hard as you suggest.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's not a Federal law now, is it? Just because a hand full of Republican states are passing these laws, doesn't mean that the entire US is a Taliban hell hole.

Personally I've moved 4 states in the past 5 years. Will probably move again soon. So it's definitely not as hard as you suggest.
Ah, yes, the anecdotal rebuttal.

Roughly a third of the states have oppressive laws either on the books or in the pipeline, that's government-intrusive laws that span a myriad of subjects from the 'small government' party. That's a large swath of land & more than a 'handful' of states.