US Politics

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Personally I don't understand the outrage.

What this law does is basically withholds the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Once you reach 18 you can do it yourself. Just like drinking and smoking.

You don't like it, you move to another states that supports your views, that's the beauty of America.
Next up should be baptism of minors. After all, according to evangelicals once you are baptized you are perma-saved. That’s not fare to the kid. They should be allowed to chose.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Personally I don't understand the outrage.

What this law does is basically withholds the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Once you reach 18 you can do it yourself. Just like drinking and smoking.

You don't like it, you move to another states that supports your views, that's the beauty of America.
Absoluyely, and it shouldn't just be limited to transgender people.

Appendicitis? Well, maybe, but we withhold the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Come back to us when you're 18 and we'll see.

Cancer? Hmm, OK, but probably best wait til you're 18 before we address it, parents and doctors can't be trusted to make these decisions.

I mean, it's not like anything happens between the ages of, let's say, 12-18, in a persons development that could result in major psychological trauma for someone who is transgender.

Absolutely, come back when you're 18.

Now, in the meantime, could I interest you in an AR15?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Absoluyely, and it shouldn't just be limited to transgender people.

Appendicitis? Well, maybe, but we withhold the rights from parents/doctors to administer drugs/perform life altering surgeries on minors. That's it.

Come back to us when you're 18 and we'll see.

Cancer? Hmm, OK, but probably best wait til you're 18 before we address it, parents and doctors can't be trusted to make these decisions.

I mean, it's not like anything happens between the ages of, let's say, 12-18, in a persons development that could result in major psychological trauma for someone who is transgender.

Absolutely, come back when you're 18.

Now, in the meantime, could I interest you in an AR15?
But carry that goddamn fetus to term no matter how young you are!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is (IIRC) the third time that the Saudis have refused to increase oil production despite a request from Biden

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I was just chatting to one of my work colleagues that eats and sleeps fox news and I told him I felt sad for the Ukrainians.
His response; "when the cats away...." and also he said he feels bad we have open borders.
I asked him if he was equating illegal immigration into the US with the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. He says that "we" allow the invasion of our country (US) ......
He then invited me to do my own research into how open the US/Mexican border is.

sigh.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I was just chatting to one of my work colleagues that eats and sleeps fox news and I told him I felt sad for the Ukrainians.
His response; "when the cats away...." and also he said he feels bad we have open borders.
I asked him if he was equating illegal immigration into the US with the Russian invasion of the Ukraine. He says that "we" allow the invasion of our country (US) ......
He then invited me to do my own research into how open the US/Mexican border is.

sigh.
Blind idiots declaring Jesus as their sovereign Lord and blathering on about Freedom and choices.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

sigh.
You should tell him to put his money where his mouth is, go to Mexico and then try and cross the border the way these "invaders" do.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I did actually suggest that he drive to Mexico (it's about 2 hours away) and then try to cross back in illegally to see how porous the border is.
He said "porous?" I said, "yeah, porous; like how open it is".
Anyway, at that point he's being disingenuous.

He's too far gone. How do you help someone like that?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have somehow managed to live in both states that have produced the 2 dumbest senators in American history.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have somehow managed to live in both states that have produced the 2 dumbest senators in American history.

Oh feck me. Just realized if we move to Asheville we will have Madison fecking Cawthorn as our rep. Well that makes the choice of Chapel Hill vs. Asheville pretty easy. JFC.

Drifter

American
I'm all for fighting fire with fire but this maybe a little too much

Walker for Colorado: Lauren Boebert's worst nightmare

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Kinda relevant in the context of Senator Potato City as example 2 that dumb football coaches are just plain dumb in general.

Jericholyte2

It still makes me laugh how that group is fronted by David Fuentes - surely he must know if he ever made a run for President (as had been touted by a few of his acolytes) he’d never get close because of that surname and how those same white nationalists would respond to the idea of ‘President Fuentes’