US Politics

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That is, unsurprisingly, very dumb.

It’s also regressive as feck and hits the lowest earners the hardest.

And it’ll never pass the senate.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What will be shocking is if a few Republican normies vote with the Dems to smother it in the crib.

But they won’t to cover their right flanks.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Nothing this House proposes will ever pass the Senate!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
What will be shocking is if a few Republican normies vote with the Dems to smother it in the crib.

But they won’t to cover their right flanks.
I wonder if anyone has bothered to work out how much the Governmnnt would get from this as opposed to what they get now

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
What does the "AP" stand for?
The main difference is that AP classes (Red in Stl got the name for you) provide college credit. So essentially Desantis is saying that these classes shouldn't give college credits. Part of his larger initiative to transform education into right-wing values only.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The main difference is that AP classes (Red in Stl got the name for you) provide college credit. So essentially Desantis is saying that these classes shouldn't give college credits. Part of his larger initiative to transform education into right-wing values only.
He basically doesn't want them going to college .... because all colleges are full of liberals of course!

hodgey123

So you wanna be broke I assume?
Was a very tongue-in-cheek comment and is clearly never going to happen, but still think I'd have a lot of clients who simply could not be bothered to total their income and expenses for example.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Was a very tongue-in-cheek comment and is clearly never going to happen, but still think I'd have a lot of clients who simply could not be bothered to total their income and expenses for example.
But as I understand it, and I might be wrong, is they're proposing no federal income tax but 30% tax on everything you purchase

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm starting to wonder whether George Santos is actually a real person.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I joked to myself ages ago that George Santos is the disappointing son of Matt Santos from The West Wing and now I keep forgetting it isn't true.

Revan

Assumptionman
Correct on both fronts.
Sales tax is the analogous thing to VAT, right? From what I checked, it is less than 7% in most states (compared to VAT being around 20% in EU). Increasing it to 30% might be okay, or even beneficial for low/middle class if they do not pay the federal tax (which is 28.4% in average). Essentially, with average sale tax in US being 5%, the net benefit in average would be 28.4 - (30 - 5) = 3.4%. So, most people will pay the same in taxes.

However, when it comes to the wealthy, they essentially become tax-free (their expenses are infinitesimal compared to their income, while for working class, the expenses are similar to income). Essentially, the biggest tax break for the rich ever.

In case of a unified Republican government in 2 years, will the likes of 'moderate' Republicans go with it? This is so shameless that it does not even try to hide that it is an exclusively tax break for the rich.