US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
One of the biggest cheers of the night for a gun.

Condi is a horrible speaker. She'll really need to improve if she wants to get further in politics. She sounds like a nervous librarian.
Yeah i noticed that too, she wasn't like that as Secretary of State that i can recall.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What on earth does the star on the flagpin represent? Did he win the scudetto or something?

He reminds me of Eddie Munster.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Condi is a horrible speaker. She'll really need to improve if she wants to get further in politics. She sounds like a nervous librarian.
She's never really been a politician as much as an appointee. She has no future imo, nor does she probably want one.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ryan's speech was probably the highlight of the convention. Not enough to reverse Obama's lead in the swing states.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Fox just went to some Twitter correspondent for what they hoped would be a slam dunk, unfortunately for them Ryan's approval rating on Twitter response was lukewarm. The guy was all a stutter in his attempts to explain the situation.

Susana Martinez, what would her chances be in 2016 if she makes a bid for the nomination? How conservative or moderate [relatively speaking] is she?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I don't get it...it wasn't even that great with the subject matter. I think it's more that the repubs are desperate for a new minority star...particularly in California. I think she's nowhere near being a leader, more of behind the scenes type. Her versus Newsome would be funny...the slick bastard would have her eating out of his hand.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
A take on Ryan's speech.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...b4e690-f227-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_story.html

This, though no conservative seems to achknowledge.
--Mr. Ryan’s selection prompted a serious discussion of Medicare reform but also ushered in a depressingly predictable series of “Mediscare” charges and counter-charges. Mr. Ryan stooped to some of that Wednesday night, asserting that “the greatest threat to Medicare is Obamacare,” although the health care law began the hard task of reforming the program. He assailed Mr. Obama for having “funneled” $716 billion out of Medicare, without mention that his own budget assumed cuts of precisely that magnitude.--

A second take...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bfe1eac-f254-11e1-b74c-84ed55e0300b_blog.html

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Ryan lied about everything and contradited himself on several issues.

They really do live in an alternative universe.
He's too smart to not know he's deceiving people, it's the population that's dumb enough to require no facts from their politicians. He's helping to create an alternate reality, though, I certainly agree.

Red Dreams

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
the 'debates' are becoming an absolute farce these days...
Yep. The 'mods' have to leeway to question any of the BS that the candidate spouts. The questions are designed to fill into the left vs right narrative in the media. The answers are just a bunch of talking points.

It's a bore.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm never up early enough to watch it!

I'm just completely underwhelmed by the whole convention. The thing is wrapped around a false statement that was never uttered by Obama. So far I've just seen loads of crap speeches that barely mention their nominee and continue push the great lie, made by a bunch of boring or prickish nobodies. Their superstars either bigged up themselves and looked like a nasty fat slug or lied through their teeth and looked like a little boy rather than a commander-in-chief up on that stage. They seem to be relying on their leader, a robot, to make some great, galvanizing speech when we all know he's wooden and detached.

I just don't see Obama losing this thing.

Red Dreams

I'm never up early enough to watch it!

I'm just completely underwhelmed by the whole convention. The thing is wrapped around a false statement that was never uttered by Obama. So far I've just seen loads of crap speeches that barely mention their nominee and continue push the great lie, made by a bunch of boring or prickish nobodies. Their superstar lied through his teeth and looked like a little boy rather than a commander-in-chief up on that stage. They seem to be relying on their leader, a robot, to make some great, galvanizing speech when we all know he's wooden and detached.

I just don't see Obama losing this thing.
never discount the effect of huge money and the stupidity of almost half the population in this country.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Bill Nye challenged Rep. Akin to a science debate.

The site with the clip is down from too much traffic, probably from the clip.

"Look, these people they're f*cking retarded. Rape can't cause pregnancy? Breastmilk cures homosexuality? I caused a hurricane by challenging creationism? Who can possibly take these people seriously anymore?"

"...Now they don't even believe in egg + sperm = baby. Where does Todd Akin think babies come from? Does he think there are separate storks for people who were raped and people who weren't? "

"Hey look at me! I'm the rape stork. I drop off all my babies directly at the orphanage."

"He's a f*cking idiot. Just a plain f*cking idiot. I'm sorry - I don't say that word very often - but it happens to fit in this case. He's just a f*cking idiot."

"So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano-a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna f*cking need it when I'm done whipping."

Nye apologized once more for his language before ripping off his microphone and walking off the set.

brad-dyrak

Bill Nye challenged Rep. Akin to a science debate.

The site with the clip is down from too much traffic, probably from the clip.
I assumed that was from "The Onion". I can't believe that's real. Get in Bill!

Is he still "the science guy" on that kid's show?

Status
Not open for further replies.