US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs020294

Rubio would not have tied himself to this loser.
Like him or not, agree with his politics or not one thing he clearly isn't is a loser. He has succeeded in pretty much everything he has been involved with and done a fair amount of charitable and volunteer work as well.

He may have odious political beliefs and the personality of a loofah but he is probably one of the more qualified Presidential candidates of the last few decades.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Like him or not, agree with his politics or not one thing he clearly isn't is a loser. He has succeeded in pretty much everything he has been involved with and done a fair amount of charitable and volunteer work as well.

He may have odious political beliefs and the personality of a loofah but he is probably one of the more qualified Presidential candidates of the last few decades.
qualified to destroy this country.

He made his fortune destroying companies...and lives.

so we will just have to disagree.

mjs020294

...says the guy who watches Fox news for information.... :)
I don't watch Fox, EVER, never have and most likely never will. Unlike you I am not aligned to either party. I am not so warped and biased I crawl all over the tit bits of false information that suit my beliefs.

Companies like Bain serve a purpose and they helped many companies. Sure a few of the companies don't make it or require painful restructuring but without a venture capital company involved many companies wouldn't have made it; companies like AMC Entertainment, Brookstone, Burger King, Burlington Coat Factory, Clear Channel Communications, Domino's Pizza, Dunkin' Donuts, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), Sealy, The Sports Authority, Staples, Toys "R" Us, Warner Music Group and The Weather Channel.

brad-dyrak

mjs020294

You have to love how the cameras finds the five black people in the building and give them plenty of face time.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
speaking of Fox, the gf just sent me this link http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/ from their site. A surprisingly scathing review of Ryan's speech. Takes serious issue with the myriad lies and half truths. I realize it's an op-ed, but she's still a contributor to Fox news.

Anyway, was a bit surprised to see it.
I understand she is the 'token liberal'. Still fair enough that they let that though. tbf I used to watch Wallace just before I switched to Russet. Well after him...just stopped watching both except very occasionally nowadays.

mjs020294

I hope they are giving that arena a damn good clean before hockey season starts.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
You have to love how the cameras finds the five black people in the building and give them plenty of face time.
At least the others aren't throwing peanuts at them and saying "this is how we feed the animals" like they were two nights ago.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
* Laughing at rising sea levels.
* USA chants at the invasion of Iraq, meaning i suppose that even with the benefit hindsight they'd do it all over again.
* Conflict with Iran on his agenda.
* Bluster about Russia.

What a crowd.

mjs020294

fortunately that 'crowd' is fast becoming the minority.
The GOP has a base of around 45-46%, as do the Democrats. Americans by nature are fairly conservative so the independents can vote for either party depending on candidate.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Warning: Your IQ may drop significantly by watching this video. My brain just melted and ran out of the back of my skull and my nose.

mjs020294

Well thank feck that is over. Tampa can get back to normal tomorrow morning. Props to the State and City organizers; there as been practically no public disturbances, and only a couple of arrests.

Excal

Sarah Palin on Fox a couple hours ago, about accusations that the Republican Party is racist: "Why is it then that we have such great respect for Herman Cain?" She literally used the "black friend" defense for the ENTIRE GOP.

mjs020294

Warning: Your IQ may drop significantly by watching this video. My brain just melted and ran out of the back of my skull and my nose.
Not really sure what your problem is there. She was asked a leading question and she answered it perfectly deflecting attention off the GOP candidate.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Not really sure what your problem is there. She was asked a leading question and she answered it perfectly deflecting attention off the GOP candidate.
Her explanation makes zero sense. "Well, President Obama can't connect with normal people because he's just so astronomically wealthy and has been for so long." Oh, well then, the Fortunate Son surely has much better connections with "common people." The argument doesn't work at all when the person being attacked has more than 100 times less money than the other, wasn't born into wealth, etc.

Either she doesn't understand the question or is just showing off being an ignorant hag again.

mjs020294

Either she doesn't understand the question or is just showing off being an ignorant hag again.

She understood the question perfectly and answered it very well. Her answered merely pointed out that the Obama's really don't have anything in common with most people. She turned the question right back around at the interviewer.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The whole " you can have your cake and eat it too" platform is just amazing. Lower taxes for everyone and make investments in your children for everyone.

Let the Federal Govt get out of your hair and leave it to the states when the states are cutting back? Are schools and universities free in their world?

Are people that dumb? 1+1+1 isn't always 3 I guess in their twisted (by Fox) minds.

mjs020294

The whole " you can have your cake and eat it too" platform is just amazing. Lower taxes for everyone and make investments in your children for everyone.

Let the Federal Govt get out of your hair and leave it to the states when the states are cutting back?

Are people that dumb? 1+1+1 isn't always 3 I guess in their twisted (by Fox) minds.
It goes both ways. You can keep spending and running up deficits either. At the end of the day both parties are a crock of shit. We need to raise taxes (on everyone) and cut spending.

The_Red_Hope

* Laughing at rising sea levels.
* USA chants at the invasion of Iraq, meaning i suppose that even with the benefit hindsight they'd do t all over again.
* Conflict with Iran on his agenda.
* Bluster about Russia.

What a crowd.
fecking cringe-worthy. Watching the RNC is quite surreal.

Excal

I'm sure I heard old man Clint say that lawyers shouldn't be president. Romney has a JD.
From literally the same place Obama got his.

Now trending nationwide on Twitter: #eastwooding, a game which involves taking pictures of you pointing at an empty chair.

Honestly though, I don't want to mock Eastwood. He is, or at least was, an incredible talent, and if he hasn't got the talent for political speech he has for acting and directing, I could not care less. I'm just a bit saddened to see how poorly he came off on such a heavily-scrutinized stage.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I predict that some dem comedian will do a Clint pisstake during the dem convention. They won't let this go. Shit...I'd consider inviting Clint to the WH to address each of his questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.