US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Romney is such an odious cnut, I simply cannot stand the smugness. Nor his claims about the Democrats becoming an extreme wing without god. Why doesn't Romney talk about how he believes his religion is the right choice over all others? Then perhaps he can go on to explain how batshit crazy Mormonism is. Do feck off, Mitt.

(Having just watched his interview with Carl Cameron).

After 30 minutes of FNC I now recall why I stopped watching them.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Some hackers claim to have infiltrated PricewaterhouseCooper and stolen Mitt's 1040s(tax returns) from the sever. Also, some hackers(possibly same ones, possibly not) are ransoming said returns for $1m in Bitcoin.

:lol:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
This is fascinating shit. They're all remaining completely still for a whole minute so they can take a photo. WoOOOOooo!!! Politics!!!

Mockney

:lol: While a comedy skit parody European fashion photographer says "beautiful, beautiful, oh yes, that's it"

Mockney

So far, Statler from the Muppets' message seems to be.."Mitt, put yourself in the shoes of someone whose middle class for a change."

Ermmm.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Romney is such an odious cnut, I simply cannot stand the smugness. Nor his claims about the Democrats becoming an extreme wing without god. Why doesn't Romney talk about how he believes his religion is the right choice over all others? Then perhaps he can go on to explain how batshit crazy Mormonism is. Do feck off, Mitt.

(Having just watched his interview with Carl Cameron).

After 30 minutes of FNC I now recall why I stopped watching them.
tbh I would like to listen to Mitt explain 'his' God.

The Mormon god...

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Some hackers claim to have infiltrated PricewaterhouseCooper and stolen Mitt's 1040s(tax returns) from the sever. Also, some hackers(possibly same ones, possibly not) are ransoming said returns for $1m in Bitcoin.

:lol:
I've been wondering whether the Dems have something up their sleeve. They've been sounding a lot chirpier than they should, given the state of the race.

I don't mean at the convention - that's normal. But generally. And I'm not the only one to have noticed.

mjs020294

even if it is real, Willard will claim it is fake.
Its almost certainly fake after reading the ransom letter.

I am not sure why Romney doesn't want to release his tax returns. They can only include legal activities. If he is paying low tax its because he is taking advantage of the low capital gains for investing in US companies, maximizing pension contributions through legal means and donating a shit load to the church.

It would sure piss many off if he earns millions and has a lower tax rate than most Americans BUt if its legal its will not have much impact on voting IMO.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
even if it is real, Willard will claim it is fake.
Which is why we need to fake some tax forms that make him sound awful. He'll claim they're fake but if a few commercials are run, they'll stick. :lol:

The glories of American politics...lie, lie, lie. If that doesn't work, lie louder.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Ryan on CNN praising Clinton as a great bipartisan President to have a go at Obama.

Amusing considering at the time Repubs absolutely hated him and even impeached him.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Its almost certainly fake after reading the ransom letter.

I am not sure why Romney doesn't want to release his tax returns. They can only include legal activities. If he is paying low tax its because he is taking advantage of the low capital gains for investing in US companies, maximizing pension contributions through legal means and donating a shit load to the church.

It would sure piss many off if he earns millions and has a lower tax rate than most Americans BUt if its legal its will not have much impact on voting IMO.
:nono: In 2009, there was the Swiss Banking Amnesty. If he took it after hiding the account and defrauding the US government...

And there's no proof he didn't take advantage of the amnesty.

mjs020294

:nono: In 2009, there was the Swiss Banking Amnesty. If he took it after hiding the account and defrauding the US government...
If he was hiding money it wouldn't be on his tax returns to the IRS. And Swiss bank accounts pay very low interest so there wouldn't be much taxable income on money stashed there anyway.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
If he was hiding money it wouldn't be on his tax returns to the IRS. And Swiss bank accounts pay very low interest so there wouldn't be much taxable income on money stashed there anyway.
His 2009 returns would show he had to "catch up" what he had left out up until that point. So it would be on his returns.

Mockney

I was going to call it a night and catch Rockin' Billy's Hot Sax Sessions tomorrow, but this girl's quite fit, so I might leave it on for a bit.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
CNN has gone on about the "platform change" for the last 20 mins.

Cringe.

For people whom this is an issue will not vote for Obama anyway.

mjs020294

The viewing numbers will be very low tonight. The NFL season starts with a live game on mainstream TV, Tennis is on live, and there are lots of Baseball games on.

mjs020294

Bloody strange speech by the woman before Clinton. She just reeled off a list of people she has met out of work and struggling.......not really the best advertisement for the incumbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.