US Presidential Election: Tuesday November 6th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs020294

The one I mainly remember was Florida, Obama was overall spending slightly more but the Romney super-pac spending was big (more than the actual campaign was).
CNN had pie charts with four segments: Obama, Romney, Obama Paks, Romney Paks. The Obama segments were over half the pie.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Really? Maybe he's energizing the base.....

Working with a lesser politician try to get elected maybe? Is Feinstein in trouble? I haven't heard a peep and can't imagine that to be the case.
There's a few repub congressmen that are vulnerable. Dan Lungren for one.

mjs020294

Erin Burnett tearing Obama's words and plan to bits on CNN right now. I thought CNN was meant to have a liberal biased?

radd

radd

However, those saying Romney is Obama lite or the nearly the same on foreign policy, what did you really expect? The country has been involved in two long losing wars. He cant exactly come out and say he wants to keep them going or start another that would be a death blow for him.
Bizarrely enough, that seems to not be true... 58% support attacking Iran, 44% strongly support it

http://www.tnr.com/blog/electionate...action-against-iran-ahead-critical-debate-and

Jaz

The Romney campaign has enough money to go on the attack.

In fact this is the first campaign that Obama is nearly matched in terms of fundraising. It also probably explains why it's so tight.

radd

The Romney campaign has enough money to go on the attack.

In fact this is the first campaign that Obama is nearly matched in terms of fundraising. It also probably explains why it's so tight.
The Romney and Republican Super-Pacs have outraised Obama's by a huge margin, but Obama has again done much much better from grass-roots supporters who average $250 donations. The flip side is that not all the Super-Pac money is under the control of Romey's campaign, the Republican Party can spend it as it chooses (Congressional, district-level races etc).

Second, the cost of TV ads for Super-Pacs is far higher than for candidates and their campaigns. Plus which, the Romney Super-Pacs have inexplicably waited till very late in the campaign to book their slots, ending up paying an even higher rate. (Yeah, the super-businessman who knows how to manage a budget!) All told, even though they have a big money advantage, they don't really have a money advantage...

Helder-Carvalho

I read on two different sites that if we break down the gallup poll by regions, Obama is ahead an average of 5/7 points in all regions except the South where Romney is ahead 22 pts. Is it true?

Ivor Ballokov

richard mourdock on abortion: Pregnancy from rape is 'something god intended'
washington -- indiana gop u.s. Senate candidate richard mourdock declared tuesday night he opposes aborting pregnancies conceived in rape because "it is something that god intended to happen."

debating rep. Joe donnelly (d-ind.) in their final senate race showdown, a questioner asked them and libertarian candidate andrew horning to explain their views on abortion.

All three said they were anti-abortion. But mourdock went the further, putting himself in territory near missouri gop senate candidate rep. Todd akin, the anti-abortion congressman who infamously asserted that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate rape."

"the only exception i have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother," said mourdock, the tea party-backed state treasurer. "i struggled with it myself for a long time, but i came to realize life is that gift from god. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that god intended to happen."

mourdock unseated veteran republican sen. Richard lugar in the may primary, and has battled donnelly for the longtime senator's supporters since. Abortion has been a touchy issue for the candidates, with mourdock accusing donnelly of lacking strength on the issue because donnelly backed the health care reform law. Donnelly has criticized a requirement that ensures women can get birth control, even when their employer objects to contraception.

"i believe in pro-life," donnelly said, carving out somewhat more moderate anti-abortion stance. "i believe that life begins at conception. The only exceptions i believe in are for rape, incest and the life a mother."
horning argued that the supreme court's roe v. Wade decision was unconstitutional, and that abortion issues should be state matters.
This comes a day after an ad featuring Romney in support of Mourdock began airing.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Isn't Erin Burnett fecking a wall street executive?

She has a serious vested interest in seeing Romney win.
She is engaged to a Citigroup executive and has prior work as a financial analyst for Goldman Sachs, according to wiki. She's come across to me as a democrat supporter during the election. However, wiki lists her previous controversies and one was an apparent slam on the Occupy Wall Street protestors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erin_Burnett

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Supposedly Donald Trump's big announcement is that he has copies of the divorce papers Michelle Obama once filed against President Obama, though a few years before he become President. Not sure what the turd thinks this will prove. I mean what marriages do not go through some rough spots. Heck we have had Presidents who had been divorced and remarried.

I guess Donald just needs to have some spot light on him and he can not think of anything actually interesting to do.

Effect this announcement will have on the election? Well of course, none at all.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Pretty sure Michelle Obama has already said that their marriage was going through a rough period a few years before he became President anyway. Bit of a non-story

mjs020294

She is engaged to a Citigroup executive and has prior work as a financial analyst for Goldman Sachs, according to wiki. She's come across to me as a democrat supporter during the election. However, wiki lists her previous controversies and one was an apparent slam on the Occupy Wall Street protestors.

I have always found her convincing on TV, mainly because of those eyes. :drool: She made some good points last night though. Much of Obama's plan has the same financial holes and missing info that Mittens plan has.

mjs020294

I hope the Obama camp take Richard Murdock comments on abortion and run with them...fecking twat.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I read on two different sites that if we break down the gallup poll by regions, Obama is ahead an average of 5/7 points in all regions except the South where Romney is ahead 22 pts. Is it true?
It was true last week, not sure about now, but I don't think that's what's causing the slump in the national polls (sub-samples are also less accurate anyway). Nate Cohn wrote a good piece on this, saying that more support has actually gone in the north-east which might be having a bigger effect to the national Obama numbers. Either way, the current picture is that the race seems tied nationally, with Obama holding the edge in key states.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

Drainy

yeah I remember the 'Seriously??!?' controversy. She acted incredibly unprofessionally, and with a 'serious' conflict of interest on that issue.

mjs020294

Citigroup Exec's and CNBC chciks have a little bit of a thing going on. Todd Thomson (ex CFO) stood down after flying Maria Bartiromo to Europe on the company jet for a dirty weekend.

Drainy

:lol: this thread.

All you have to do is mention a pretty lady and all the serious discussion goes and everyone's just a horndog.

but yeah, Burnett is very attractive.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
:lol: Turns out the Trump announcement was saying that if Obama doesn't release his birth certificate and passport details, he won't donate $5m to charity :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.