Utd bid to sign 16 year old twins from Man City - Darren Fletcher’s sons!

Gavinb33

Well, Mr James Ducker clearly had different info regarding this.

Lavia,Ihenacho,Sancho,Ilic are not their academy players, they just used by City to pretend their academy player.
If you claim someone like Ihenacho is their academy player, you may just claim Martial as United academy player.
Although Lingard got so much abuse from United fans, none of City's academy player has a career as good as Lingard, in fact, they would dream of having a career like him. And you believe someone like Angelino who move to Galatasaray in his prime year says enough you need to know about how bad their academy is.
I mean Foden for a start

Grande

I think you are allowed to be harsh when the is cost 1.25 mil, you should be buying the best.
When they revolve doors with this Harrison Parker lad for the same fees, does it men that both fees are circumstantial? Or does it mean that Parker is twice as good as Fletcher (either one of them)? I have no idea, I’m sceptical to all City transfers regardless.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
When they revolve doors with this Harrison Parker lad for the same fees, does it men that both fees are circumstantial? Or does it mean that Parker is twice as good as Fletcher (either one of them)? I have no idea, I’m sceptical to all City transfers regardless.
Think the Fletchers cost around £1.25m each.

iHicksy

I like the way you speak for all United fans, "we've never cared about them" "he sees city the same as us" , don't mean to be rude mate, but speak for yourself. I hate City, always have.
That's fine mate - I hate city too. Even more so now. I'm just pointing out in terms of rivals, they have never been on the same level as Liverpool. I thought this was pretty widely accepted (look through threads - people would rather city win the league than pool for example). Happy to be told i'm wrong, but i thought the general consensus was Pool are our biggest rivals (hence the more apt comparison with madrid/barca).

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
That's fine mate - I hate city too. Even more so now. I'm just pointing out in terms of rivals, they have never been on the same level as Liverpool. I thought this was pretty widely accepted (look through threads - people would rather city win the league than pool for example). Happy to be told i'm wrong, but i thought the general consensus was Pool are our biggest rivals (hence the more apt comparison with madrid/barca).
I hate Liverpool too :lol:
Maybe a little bit more. ;)

Archer

I mean Foden for a start
Lingard scored and helped United won three Cup finals in a row, started for England in World Cup semi-final, wining Premier League Player of the Month left and right when he was on loan in mid-table Westham.
Lingard, with all of his criticism he fairly gets, actually showed his ability when things matters.I dont think you could categorily claim Foden has a better career for now, more like a free-rider of city‘s result.
Anyone else?

Last edited:

Archer

Nice rant.
Please share details of your search and I'll present a case for City's Academy being the more successful over the past decade since it has received the funding to enable it to compete with such as Chelsea and United.
Thanks.
Easy.
How many academy players went on win the World cup were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the Euros were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the Premier League were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the other Top 4 leagues were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on play in Champion leagues were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players played top 5 leagues from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players represented their country‘s senior team in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players represented their England's senior team in last 10-15 years?
Highest goals scored by academy players in a single season or in a single Premier League season in last 10-15 years.
Highest goals goal saving ratio by academy goalkeepers in a single season or in a single Premier League season in last 10-15 years.
It will show, even with the unlimited resources they have, City's Academy is so badly ran compare to likes of United and Chelsea.

Last edited:

Beaucoup

Why do you think so? I haven’t seen the word each in any of the mentions, though I’m sure I saw the words ‘in a package worth’ in one of them, possibly The Mirror, for what it’s worth (prob not much).
I very much doubt they were 1.25 each

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Easy.
How many academy players went on win the World cup were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the Euros were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the Premier League were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on win the other Top 4 leagues were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players went on play in Champion leagues were from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players played top 5 leagues from these 2 academies in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players represented their country‘s senior team in last 10-15 years?
How many academy players represented their England's senior team in last 10-15 years?
Highest goals scored by academy players in a single season or in a single Premier League season in last 10-15 years.
Highest goals goal saving ratio by academy goalkeepers in a single season or in a single Premier League season in last 10-15 years.
It will show, even with the unlimited resources they have, City's Academy is so badly ran compare to likes of United and Chelsea.
I'll try again.
In order to compare like to like please work on last 10 years when City's Academy was funded in a comparable way to Chelsea and United's.
Thanks.

Bigsid

Easy.
10 to 15 years ago its fair to City were behind us in regards to productivity. They moved to their CFA campus around 6 to 7 years ago. In recent years their productivity has gone through the roof and the signs are it will continue to do so. Its exceptionally well resourced and in regards to recruitment they will always outspend their competitiors. Their players at youth level are in massive demand as you can see from the amounts (circa 100 million in one youth side) listed above and though it will be difficult to break into the best side in Europe for any youngster their aim appears to be to make a profit and turn talents into commodities.

iHicksy

Lingard scored and helped United won three Cup finals in a row, started for England in World Cup semi-final, wining Premier League Player of the Month left and right when he was on loan in mid-table Westham.
Lingard, with all of his criticism he fairly gets, actually showed his ability when things matters.I dont think you could categorily claim Foden has a better career for now, more like a free-rider of city‘s result.
Anyone else?
I've seen some terrible takes on this forum in my time. But this is really up there.

You can't categorically claim that Foden has had a better career than Jessie Lingard? And then you have the gall to talk about free-riders? This is the same Jessie Lingard that went over a year without a goal or assist to his name whilst playing as a number 10 at manchester united. The same one, who at his supposed peak was sold to Notts forest, and then couldn't even get in their team. You're seriously saying that Foden, who is an actual generational talent has had a worse career at present? Foden who has won:

At the age of 23 Foden has won:

5x Premier leagues
1x Champions league
2x FA cups
4x English cups
2x Super cups

At the age of 23 Lingard was playing on loan in the championship. Get the feck out of here with your agenda driven nonsense.

Archer

I've seen some terrible takes on this forum in my time. But this is really up there.

You can't categorically claim that Foden has had a better career than Jessie Lingard? And then you have the gall to talk about free-riders? This is the same Jessie Lingard that went over a year without a goal or assist to his name whilst playing as a number 10 at manchester united. The same one, who at his supposed peak was sold to Notts forest, and then couldn't even get in their team. You're seriously saying that Foden, who is an actual generational talent has had a worse career at present? Foden who has won:

At the age of 23 Foden has won:

5x Premier leagues
1x Champions league
2x FA cups
4x English cups
2x Super cups

At the age of 23 Lingard was playing on loan in the championship. Get the feck out of here with your agenda driven nonsense.
In his First two Premier leagues title wining seasons, he only played 40 minutes and 327 mintues.In later 3 Premier leagues title wining seasons, he only have one season played more than 2000 minutes,and only about 2100 minutes. In fact he played similar minutes as Tom Cleverley when he won the Premier leagues in 12/13 season. And he won Champions league last season when he couldn't even get a single start in knockout stage.
Obviously, Foden is a much more talented player than Lingard, but it takes much more than talent to have a good career.

Besides, what kind of generational talent couldn't get a start in Champions league knockout stage at age of 23?Calling him a generational talent is indeed an agenda driven nonsense.
FYI, At the age of 23 Lingard was playing for United first team, it was the same year he scored in two cup-finals including the FA cup winning goal in extra time, something Foden could never do at age of 23.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Officially registered with the club. Hopefully we’ll see them on the pitch soon.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Jack Fletcher with some excouraging performances in recent weeks (against Leeds, and now Southampton). Nice combination of techniqual refinement, confidence and playmaking vision! :drool:

lysglimt

Scout
The Fletchers could easily turn out to be some of our best signings over the last 10 seasons

MDFC Manager

Jack Fletcher with some excouraging performances in recent weeks (against Leeds, and now Southampton). Nice combination of techniqual refinement, confidence and playmaking vision! :drool:
Jack is class on FM 24 fwiw!

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

ROFLUTION

Nice side-to-side play. We haven't had that since Carrick. Rashford or Garnacho would thrive by having a similar player to Carrick next to them.

stealthy

Looks technically and tactically a cut above rest of the group. Decision making looks better than anyone that age for as long as I can remember

Borninthe80ts

It’s the confidence I think. Both that he has shown and that I have in him to make the right decision. Jack that is. Tyler a little more like his dad I’d say which isn’t a knock or negative. They compliment each other. Promising signs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Promising. The only downside is that he makes me feel old. Watching Darren Fletcher's son play. It doesn't even feel that long ago I was watching the old man play for us.

Tyrion

I still think it's just so damning that the guy who's job is (apparently) to help bring academy players into the first team thought his sons were better off at City. That's effectively conceding that they're better at his job than he is.

gajender

I still think it's just so damning that the guy who's job is (apparently) to help bring academy players into the first team thought his sons were better off at City. That's effectively conceding that they're better at his job than he is.
I think you would have realised how things panned out can be used in favour of Fletcher had you even bothered to think this through .

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, it isn't. Fletcher twins joined City when Darren Fletcher was playing for West Brom. He joined ManUtd in 2020, they joined CIty around 2015.