Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
It's actually insulting. I would give him 24 hours deadline to move his arse out or give it to Giggs.
You're insulted because Jose lives in a hotel (not a regular hotel room, but a luxury apartment). Kind of a sad way to go through life getting insulted by where someone decides to live, I mean it's his money he is spending not yours. He is not hurting anyone in doing so. Very weird thing to feel insulted over. Might be a good time to look at what it is about your own life that makes you so upset over something that has nothing at all to do with you and will not in any way, shape or form affect your life.

JustAFan

Yesterdays presser proved nothing, he was hardly likely to say he was leaving in May.

He's said he'll stay as long as the club want him, well if Ed and the Board don't come up with the money he thinks he needs is that not a sign to him(Mourinho)that they don't really want him to stay ?

There's mileage in this yet, even if he signs a new contract
So basically nothing he can say or do, even signing a new contract will be enough for you to decide this story is not true. I gotta admire your pigheadedness. Reminds me of a lot of Trump voters.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Well this thread sure is grown long, wild n wicked. And who knows the future? Will ‘pouncing’ become a thing? Will the wing-back be re-defined? Will Jose get tired of the rigid laundry routine at the Lowry?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Well this thread sure is grown long, wild n wicked. And who knows the future? Will ‘pouncing’ become a thing? Will the wing-back be re-defined? Will Jose get tired of the rigid laundry routine at the Lowry?
Find out next week, in the new adventure of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
So basically nothing he can say or do, even signing a new contract will be enough for you to decide this story is not true. I gotta admire your pigheadedness. Reminds me of a lot of Trump voters.
Nope, don't trust him, never have and probably never will, just can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, but i'll back him and never ask the board to sack him....

For what it's worth if I lived in the U S of A i'd almost certainly have voted for Trump, but then if you don't put up anybody to oppose him what can you do ?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Nope, don't trust him, never have and probably never will, just can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, but i'll back him and never ask the board to sack him....

For what it's worth if I lived in the U S of A i'd almost certainly have voted for Trump, but then if you don't put up anybody to oppose him what can you do ?
Awesome. Cheers for that. Saved me the trouble of reading anymore of your posts.

JustAFan

So now you are also under the impression Trump ran unapposed. Yeah another dumb cnut for my ignore list.

SwSw

Your analysis is just plain inaccurate. It is different. Pep does not restrict players , he releases them. This is not to say that they can run anywhere all the time but they have more freedom and flexibilty. The term "restricting players out of their position" sounds like a confused double negative or something. A player is is restricted to a position or has some freedom to move out of it. City are actually a decent defensive outfit especially from a pressing point of view and apart from the occasional lapses , defend pretty well.

What's weird about your argument is that it seems to depend on making out that Pep and Mou are no different really whereas obviously they are not. They have very different philosophies and that is clearly visible on the pitch. It's also clear to see that Pep's City are far far better at "pouncing" than we are. They don't often have to do it because they mostly have the ball , but they pounce far better than we do. Why? Because the players are used to and encouraged to be flexible and take risks. They are not fearful of falling out of position when the moment is right to attack. Whereas Mou's tactics encourage fear of losing position. I didn't see any proper pouncing at Anfield , Stamford and at home to City it was barely there. We pounced well at everton , but then that's everton. In the big games Mou retreats back into fear , whilst in similar big games Pep believes in his players.

You cannot attack well without creativity and expression and that means flexibility and a bit of risk taking. Fear is the enemy of expression and the friend of restriction. Surely I don't have to explain this to you? By all means disagree with Pep's tactics if you like but don't pretend he is just an attacking version of Mourinho . He is not. If you like chalk over cheese then just own it and be proud of it. You don't have to make out that chalk and cheese are the same to do so. It's confused thinking and shows a lack of clarity.

Footnote - as for Pogba - he was a miss in these games but does that mean that it's impossible to pounce without Pogba? All you need to play proper counter attacking football is for players to pass the ball to each other quickly and incisively with a bit of belief and expression at the right moments. It can be done by any players. The fact that we could do it better with Pogba is neither here nor there. I'm sure that if De Gea had been injured Jose would not have said to himself "oops we can't play park the bus now because our most important and best defensive player is out" . It's a philosophy and mindset issue through and through.
First of all, watch Henry's interview on Pep. Then come back to me. I presented facts, you presented your opinion. Last i check, your opinion don't matter.

Second paragraph, again, your opinion. Can you back it up? No.

Third paragraph, same nonsense. Counter attacking is still a form of attacking. Just because u do not like it, doesn't mean it falls under the "you cannot attack well because.. " category. There's many ways to skin a cat. Surely i do not have to explain this to you do i?

You are full of shit. I've no idea how are you allowed to post here with the amount of nonsense you constantly churn out. Never have i said Pep is an attacking version of Mou. Maybe, stop assuming your opinion matters and look at facts instead?

Footnote, not going to reply that chunk of bollocks.

If you intend to have a proper discussion, come back with facts.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You're insulted because Jose lives in a hotel (not a regular hotel room, but a luxury apartment). Kind of a sad way to go through life getting insulted by where someone decides to live, I mean it's his money he is spending not yours. He is not hurting anyone in doing so. Very weird thing to feel insulted over. Might be a good time to look at what it is about your own life that makes you so upset over something that has nothing at all to do with you and will not in any way, shape or form affect your life.
I am joking mate. Don't mind if he lives wherever he likes.

desmondisback

If you intend to have a proper discussion, come back with facts.
You know as well as I do that football is very much a matter of opinions so this comment seems quite perplexing. If there was such a thing as a "football fact" regarding tactics then large parts of this whole forum would be virtually pointless. There would be no arguments by football pundits and no clash of styles on the pitch either. Every team in the land would know exactly how to play and there would be no debate.

The only real "fact" is that there are no facts. We all have our opinions and we also think that we happen to be right. Then we have to construct an argument that supports our opinion. However , if we just say "I am right because I am right" and it's that way because it's a fact then there's little point in discussion because we could both easily dispute the facts. What to you is a sure fire certain fact might to me be irrelevant and vice versa. As I'm sure you know , every politician left or right can list endless "facts" to prove they are right.

Now the fact that you have presented in the Henry interview is very interesting because he rightly points out that Pep does take "position" quite seriously. However , I would interpret it differently. Notice that he is not really talking about counter attacking in this case. All the examples are not counter attacks. He's talking about freedom in the "final third". Well in a counter attack the final third becomes much closer to your own goal. Players need freedom in their own half because the opponent has pushed on to them. Also , Henry is talking about structure and position as a way of " bringing the whole team up to the final third" , so it's attacking position with an end product of creating freedom of expression where it really counts.

For Pep positional play is a means to and end to allow for freedom of expression. For Mou its not a means to an end in a game like Liverpool away - it's just park the bus and no expression.

EDIT - MORE FACTS? .....http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Guardiola-upset-Man-City-win-ugly-Henry.html

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The Sanchez signing puts United and Jose on the cusp of something special. No chance he will leave in May.

SwSw

For Mou its not a means to an end in a game like Liverpool away - it's just park the bus and no expression.
Bollocks. Picking a game where we had a Herrera + Matic going up against their three. Ander was so off form that i think is safe to say it was 1.5 men vs 3 men in the middle.

Mou's positioning is to facilitate a counter attack. Just watch Inter vs Barca. His ideology is different from Pep. He wants to lure the opponent in and pounce. Unlike Pep who can only play in one way, Mou's pragmatism is versatile. When we needed to attack, we did. When we didn't, we sat back.

Reactions: KM

desmondisback

Bollocks. Picking a game where we had a Herrera + Matic going up against their three. Ander was so off form that i think is safe to say it was 1.5 men vs 3 men in the middle.

Mou's positioning is to facilitate a counter attack. Just watch Inter vs Barca. His ideology is different from Pep. He wants to lure the opponent in and pounce. Unlike Pep who can only play in one way, Mou's pragmatism is versatile. When we needed to attack, we did. When we didn't, we sat back.

You must have been watching a different game from me. For me it was more like we sat back and then sat back and sat back and then hoofed aimlessly or lost the ball easily.

There was no "pouncing" only hoofing. I saw no versatility. We attacked awfully and in such a wooden , rigid way with no confidence or expression. If only he could replicate what he did at Inter or his early Chelsea days , but he's struggling because he's past his sell by date and football has moved on.

And if he had Herrera and Martic against a 3 then that's his own self created problem to try and solve. You talk as if Mou only had 10 players v Liverpool or something.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You must have been watching a different game from me. For me it was more like we sat back and then sat back and sat back and then hoofed aimlessly or lost the ball easily.

There was no "pouncing" only hoofing. I saw no versatility. We attacked awfully and in such a wooden , rigid way with no confidence or expression. If only he could replicate what he did at Inter or his early Chelsea days , but he's struggling because he's past his sell by date and football has moved on.

And if he had Herrera and Martic against a 3 then that's his own self created problem to try and solve. You talk as if Mou only had 10 players v Liverpool or something.
Are you for real? Wtf is wrong with you people?

Norris

No way Jose is leaving this May. He's building something good here. Also, every time this thread is bumped, I get nervous.

Drawfull

I said at the end of the year that I was nervous for what would happen come the end of the season. My worry was exacerbated by his PSG comments, his living arrangements, and the implication we would make no transfers in the January window.

Thankfully, he addressed the hotel thing quite well a few weeks ago and the club have backed him with Sanchez. No way he leaves after this season, now. Which is a good thing!

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Just more nonsense really, why anyone takes a shred of notice I have no idea.

José is going nowhere anytime soon, he is staying with us for a good few more years yet to come.

Why anyone in their right mind thought that he would leave us for PSG I have no idea in the slightest, just more lies to try and unstable ourselves, but just as always that failed miserably.

SwSw

The term hoofed aimlessly is wrong. First of all, it was a long ball. The purpose was to bypass the press. Just like what we did against Ajax. The problem was we had no Pogba to do it thus it became "aimless". Do you actually think every time Rojo takes the ball, his first intention is to hoof it up the pitch aimlessly? I'm pretty sure he is trying his best to locate Lukaku. Proof: one of his "aimless hoofball" lead to the mistake that Rashford capitalize on.

He is past his sell by date? So, we are suppose to sit back and listen to arm chair experts like you who disguise yourself at United fans? get a grip of yourself.

1. Many times this season, we have countered and got ourselves into good positions. We only let ourselves down by the poor decision making. Examples are Rashford and Pogba. But haters like you are going to have a go at Mourinho by saying is his job to coach the players to make a right pass. Out of curiosity, did you blame Mourinho too when Mkhitaryan decided to cross the ball into the stands?

2. Why do i not see anyone give Mourinho credit on the improvements he made. Is anyone not watching Lukaku's game play pre and post dubai? Lukaku was labeled a donkey even before he kicked a ball. Everyone is saying how Morata was the superior footballer with better technique and touch. Well, if you ask me who would i rather have? Lukaku hands down. Better attitude, better work rate, better team player. My only regret is Lukaku can't pass/cross the ball to himself since he is sadly our best crosser of the ball.

3. We attack in such a "wooden, rigid, and etc manner" but yet we are the third highest scorer. I guess other teams must be trash since the purpose of attacking football is to score goals.

4. Mourinho has cleverly disguised our RW problem. Every time we get the ball, Valencia pushes up since Mata isn't strong or quick enough to beat the opposing fullback. This is a band aid since it creates the problem where Matic has to drop deeper into the CB position since one of the CB has to go right to cover the space vacated by Valencia who had to go up since Mata had to drop back behind Lingard. But is what we have at the moment and hopefully Sanchez's arrival would solve that. I guess this doesn't matter to you since Mourinho is a dinosaur.

Your last sentence just showed me your stupidity. We have two fit midfield player. You talk as if you have no clue of football and speak just because you want your opinions to be heard. Reminds me of those trashing talking Einsteins pundits.

Ibi Dreams

Hard to believe he would leave us without having another go at the league, after finally getting more or less a team of his own signings.

Lukaku's first touch

The title of this thread needs the addition "Tabloids need clicks now".
Unfortunately for many of the Pep devotees masquerading as United fans and Mou haters, the man will be around for several more years.

lsd

The Oracle
No way is he quitting of there was any real talk around Old Trafford Jose was thinking of leaving Giggs would never have taken the Wales job

Goku23

I doubt Jose would of been really keen on signing Sanchez this window if he was planning that he would of signed nobody and then left if it is the slightest bit true and does happen it will completely ruin us again Sanchez will do an RVP and be depressed and we will have another manager bedding in and probably nt doing well there is only 1 man who could take over Jose and that's Ancelotti but I would much rather Jose stayed hes building something great which is another reason I doubt its true

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
No way Jose Mourinho resigns this may, maybe is PSG come in for him he leaves this summer but apart from that i think he will be here next season.

How long he stays after that I have no idea, he is a very volatile character. Personally I think if we don't look like were going to win the league half way through next season i can see a bit of a meltdown happening and him leaving. If we do win the league next season think that melt down will be put of by a year or so.

ExoduS

Don't care either way. I hate how United is playing. I always hated him. If he stays, we better win the title next year.

Phil

Don't care either way. I hate how United is playing. I always hated him. If he stays, we better win the title next year.
Yeah second place, third in goals scored, just signed one of the best attackers in the league. I'm hating watching this shit right now, Jose out.

Status
Not open for further replies.