Utd Kits 22/23

Kearnkoff69

I loved that kit, the only thing is it had slight gradients down it on the players version which ruined it for me.

Also, the stripes need to be all the way down the sleeve, just looks and flows better that way!
Loved the gradient myself, but agree wholeheartedly on the stripes. I dislike how Adidas has incorporated the shortened stripes into their designs by default these days. I assume they're shorter for sleeve sponsor purposes, but for replica kits where that space is left blank it would be great to see them extended down to the cuff.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Loved the gradient myself, but agree wholeheartedly on the stripes. I dislike how Adidas has incorporated the shortened stripes into their designs by default these days. I assume they're shorter for sleeve sponsor purposes, but for replica kits where that space is left blank it would be great to see them extended down to the cuff.
Agree with you there.

It just creates an unfinished look to the shirt.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Absolutely hate the pattern on the collar. Makes it look like a clown outfit.

Ladron de redcafe

Absolutely hate the pattern on the collar. Makes it look like a clown outfit.
I don't like the collar either and it's a shame because the rest of the kit is beautiful.

It's a throwback to the treble kit. It's just the bad design on the collar which detracts from it.

GeordieRed

Got mine today, surprisingly don’t dislike the collar as much as in pics though it might be because I’m a bigger guy so the collar-to-shirt ratio is a bit better. Also looks far better turned up.

The black outline around the Adidas logo looks terrible though

Last edited:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I don't like the collar either and it's a shame because the rest of the kit is beautiful.

It's a throwback to the treble kit. It's just the bad design on the collar which detracts from it.
Yeap. Treble kit was a thing of beauty. This is some joke version of it. I understand that our players have been a joke last season, but was it necessary to create clown-collar kit? :)

Robbo*

Thing that I find strange is the black adidas stripes on the shoulder - would be better if those were white.

Frank Grimes

Looking forward to Adidas deal being finished tbh. They made some good kits in the 80's and early 90's but they've made some really crap kits for us in the last 7 years. Disappointing.

Ladron de redcafe

Yeap. Treble kit was a thing of beauty. This is some joke version of it. I understand that our players have been a joke last season, but was it necessary to create clown-collar kit? :)
Sounds harsh but not necessarily inaccurate. It does seem like a poor version of the treble kit.

Still not sure who designed the collar.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
As I’ve said before I’d hate to wear a collar while exercising but other than that I wouldn’t put this in the bottom tier of shirts. Nike’s worst is still worse than Adidas’s worst.

Nick7

They’ve shortened the stripes on the sleeve due to UEFA rules. There has to be a “free zone” on the sleeves for things such as the Champions/Europa League badge. This free zone has to be clear of any club or manufacturer logos.

Kearnkoff69

They’ve shortened the stripes on the sleeve due to UEFA rules. There has to be a “free zone” on the sleeves for things such as the Champions/Europa League badge. This free zone has to be clear of any club or manufacturer logos.
Interesting. I get why that is the case for the player's version (as that space is then occupied by sponsors and badges), but it from your description it sounds like those rules also apply to the replica kits sold for fan use only?

Nick7

Interesting. I get why that is the case for the player's version (as that space is then occupied by sponsors and badges), but it from your description it sounds like those rules also apply to the replica kits sold for fan use only?
It would be a fairly big difference between the players and replica then. I’m already not much a fan of how different they are these days.

bdspeedy

Why would any true fan put one more cent into the pockets of the side-show grifters who have destroyed our club? We will NEVER win ANYTHING of note until we drive these parasites out. The only way they will ever leave is when they lose money.

m1tch

When I was a kid I was a full kit wanker every birthday and Christmas. When I got older I started to just buy the shorts and socks for playing footy in. At £38 for the shorts it's safe to say that I'll probably never buy any part of the United strip for the rest of my days.

Footballer's wages don't need directly capping, tickets and replica kits on the other hand needed it 10-15 years a go.

JoaquinJoaquin

When I was a kid I was a full kit wanker every birthday and Christmas. When I got older I started to just buy the shorts and socks for playing footy in. At £38 for the shorts it's safe to say that I'll probably never buy any part of the United strip for the rest of my days.

Footballer's wages don't need directly capping, tickets and replica kits on the other hand needed it 10-15 years a go.
Buy from Asia and don't fund the Glazers anyways. It's a win-win.

MUFC OK

Can't lie, the kit looks pretty cold in these pics..

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Is this the first kit we've had with Adidas that has the red and white alternating three stripes on the black shorts? I thought it looked strange.

Glorio

Having seen the boys wear this in action, I maintain, it's a really good looking kit

dove

Some of our recent kits looked better on the pitch than the released promotional pictures but this one is an exception, just doesn't look great anywhere.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yes and I liked it. I'm surprised it's the first time they have done this.
I'm expecting the white shorts to have alternating red and black stripes. I think that'll look much better. The red and white combo on the black shorts makes the white stands out more and it looks like we had the one solitary white line at times.

Todd

Is this the first kit we've had with Adidas that has the red and white alternating three stripes on the black shorts? I thought it looked strange.
It will look much better when paired with the away shirt, which also has alternating stripes on the shoulders.