Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverman

All this talk about Victor Valdes being signed to replace De Gea is a bit odd. I may be mistaken but I seem to remmeber Valdes struggling to deal with any ariel duels he had to deal with at Barca. I don't think Valdes is good enough to be a #1 in England. The English style of play is exactly what Valdes struggles with imo.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think De Gea is thinking about his career at UTD right now and I think we need to show him that we want him as #1. No disrespect to Valdes as his a brilliant keeper and his record proves that pre injury, as much as I'd like to see what Valdes can do now at UTD but losing Dave will be up there with when we lost Ronnie!!
A bit overdramatic don't you think? Are you seriously telling me DDG is going to think he is not the #1 keeper for us if he doesn't start against Cambridge United, again Cambridge United. He has literally started even game so far this season. There is no thinking here. He has played over 150 games for us in a little over 3 years. He knows it, we know it that he is the future. Its up to him to make up his mind and stay. The fans love him and the whole world is raving about him. Do you honestly think LVG is going to drop him?

Will Singh

A bit overdramatic don't you think? Are you seriously telling me DDG is going to think he is not the #1 keeper for us if he doesn't start against Cambridge United, again Cambridge United. He has literally started even game so far this season. There is no thinking here. He has played over 150 games for us in a little over 3 years. He knows it, we know it that he is the future. Its up to him to make up his mind and stay. The fans love him and the whole world is raving about him. Do you honestly think LVG is going to drop him?
I'm not saying LVG is dropping him for Valdes, I'm saying he is our #1 but since Valdes has come if I was in that position id think the club is preparing for if I leave. Its made his decision easier IMO that's all. Also all these reports about a swap deal with Bale, I know it's just speculation but it must be unsettling. First Valdes then Bale and you now what the reports will be if Valdes starts.... Just not liking the situation at the minute!

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I'm not saying LVG is dropping him for Valdes, I'm saying he is our #1 but since Valdes has come if I was in that position id think the club is preparing for if I leave. Its made his decision easier IMO that's all. Also all these reports about a swap deal with Bale, I know it's just speculation but it must be unsettling. First Valdes then Bale and you now what the reports will be if Valdes starts.... Just not liking the situation at the minute!
Actually the rumours of De Gea leaving started well BEFORE Valdes was signed.

Will Singh

No you said FIRST VALDES, so no Valdes was not first.

What fire? A bunch of rumours? If De Gea is the type to leave because of a bunch of rumours and not starting the odd game here or there, then we best be rid of him now.
Who's saying he will leave on rumours? I'm saying it's unsettling when all these stories emerge and then the rumoured replacement starts!

ZDwyr

I was looking forward to watching him play and was surprised he didn't start. Any reason why? He hasn't picked up an injury already has he... :(

Redo91

I was looking forward to watching him play and was surprised he didn't start. Any reason why? He hasn't picked up an injury already has he... :(
No he was on the bench. LVG knew that Cambridge would bombard us with long balls into the box and it would be their main means of attack. Throwing Valdes in against a team like Cambridge would not have been the best idea considering their approach.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No he was on the bench. LVG knew that Cambridge would bombard us with long balls into the box and it would be their main means of attack. Throwing Valdes in against a team like Cambridge would not have been the best idea considering their approach.
Yeah, it was bad enough for De Gea but he handled it very well. I don't think Valdes would of enjoyed that on a cold night :lol:

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
The poor guy was sat there freezing on the bench. I think he'll get game when the UK is with sun.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just beaten near post in under 21's game should've saved it reall
Get use to it, he is prone to many mistakes he is average at best as you will find when he starts to get games for us.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's not average at best. Hes very good at best, and at times in his career, he bordered on one of the best in the world.

That was a mistake but its his first game in how long? His positioning was wrong but don't use it as a stick to start beating his whole career with.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He might get to play the Cambridge game. Can't see him playing many league games.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's not average at best. Hes very good at best, and at times in his career, he bordered on one of the best in the world.

That was a mistake but its his first game in how long? His positioning was wrong but don't use it as a stick to start beating his whole career with.
He was a great keeper, but even at his best he was prone to mental feckups.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Hes a good keeper, but I have to disagree with that part tbh

Spielmacher

He was world-class and cut out his mistakes, but only last season before his injury. Before that season he was always prone to mistakes and I don't know if he can find his form of last season again.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hes a good keeper, but I have to disagree with that part tbh
I'd have him at top 10, and probably at his best form top 7 at points in his career which would out him on the border of one of the best, but obviously that's my opinion. I think I rated him higher at Barca than a lot of people did.

He was a great keeper, but even at his best he was prone to mental feckups.
I agree, but they got quite rare towards his peak. But you'd expect that anyway. I think the early part of his career always stuck with him in the same way it took 3 years for England to realise DDG didn't actually have problems with shots from distance.

Both your points are very valid but I argued against a poster calling him average which in my opinion, and yours it seems, is wrong.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Motivational speech artist and quite experienced goalkeeper on every stage.

Great deal as for January. I'm still in a small shock we have Victor feckin Valdes in Manchester United.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Motivational speech artist and quite experienced goalkeeper on every stage.

Great deal as for January. I'm still in a small shock we have Victor feckin Valdes in Manchester United.
I'm still in shock Valdes, Di Maria and Falcao are at United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Valdes asked Joyce to play a video that told the story of veteran American athlete Dick Hoyt. For decades, Hoyt has pushed his quadriplegic son Rick in specially adapted wheelchairs while contesting marathons, triathlons and other endurance events
He must have heard that Joyce was going to pick Anderson.

prarek

No doubt Valdes was amongst the best without ever being the best but he was up there in good company for most of his career. He was also very good last season and sort of made it known that he isn't quite done as a top keeper. That being said he's been out of action for almost a year now with a serious injury. We are yet to see how this has affected his game. Hope he does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.