Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Still a top class keeper. Wouldn't mind him having a shot at No 1 if DDG does indeed go.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
I didn't rate him that highly for many years but during his latter years at Barca he had definitely developed into a top-class goalkeeper. At least on par with Lloris and much, much, much better than Asmir Begovic. Are you saying that Begovic is better than Valdes ever was?

I have previously advocated buying Begovic as a fall-back option. We could then start Valdes and give him a chance at rediscovering his old form, and if that doesn't work, Begovic would be a perfectly decent plan B. I just think it's a waste to spend 25-30 million on a new goalkeeper when we have a potential top-class keeper already in the squad.
This just shows you have never seen Begovic keep. Begovic is in the top 6 in PL and is better than Valdes at the moment. Begovic ball catching ability and not flapping at it with command in the box is better than Valdes. Valdes will look a calamity at Utd with this defense especially during set-pieces.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Looking forward to his contribution this year, whether on the pitch or in the dressing room. The experience of a 3x CL winning keeper is always welcome.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
You do know that VDS was 34 when he joined United right? 33 is still young for a keeper.
I can't argue with that.
But VDS was never released by his club - he was always a wanted man and played constantly.
Valdes hasnt played competitively for a long time now (except for a few games at the end of last season).
I remember when he came on once DDG went off against Arsenal, and 5 minutes later we conceded a goal. This is a fact. Could he have saved....thats open to discussion.

Lets also not forget that Valdes was decent while at Barca. Just like Falcao was decent at Athletico. Just like RVP was great for us 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, time moves on and the ability of player also changes, with time. At present, I dont trust Valdes. I dont trust Falcao and I dont trust RVP.

imperi

I can't argue with that.
But VDS was never released by his club - he was always a wanted man and played constantly.
Valdes hasnt played competitively for a long time now (except for a few games at the end of last season).
I remember when he came on once DDG went off against Arsenal, and 5 minutes later we conceded a goal. This is a fact. Could he have saved....thats open to discussion.

Lets also not forget that Valdes was decent while at Barca. Just like Falcao was decent at Athletico. Just like RVP was great for us 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, time moves on and the ability of player also changes, with time. At present, I dont trust Valdes. I dont trust Falcao and I dont trust RVP.
I agree with most, although you may be forgetting that Louis and Hoek did see Valdes for the whole of last season during trainings. So they know much more about his level and fitness than if we got him straight out of injury just like Falcao.

This just shows you have never seen Begovic keep. Begovic is in the top 6 in PL and is better than Valdes at the moment. Begovic ball catching ability and not flapping at it with command in the box is better than Valdes. Valdes will look a calamity at Utd with this defense especially during set-pieces.
Begovic has been pretty rubbish this last year. There was a run mid season where he was costing them a goal a game through stupid mistakes.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Perfect back up option who can easily challenge De Gea or any keeper in the world with his Barca experience.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
Begovic has been pretty rubbish this last year. There was a run mid season where he was costing them a goal a game through stupid mistakes.
I believe that was a run of 2-3 games in 5 years. Ask any stoke fan as to how important Begovic was to them for those clean sheets.

I believe that was a run of 2-3 games in 5 years. Ask any stoke fan as to how important Begovic was to them for those clean sheets.
I do, regularly. Half my family is from Stoke and i watch most of their games that dont clash with ours. He was brilliant last season but many fans wanted him dropped for Butland at one point in 2015.

::sonny::

Errrrm errrr....did he just miss the plane or something then? :lol:

This is all very strange.
It's not strange

LvG is not a fan of this tours, probably Valdes need another kind of training regime.

LvG could think that he will improve more his fitness staying in Manchester

Dion

VDS was an entirely different goalkeeper to Valdes anyway, being lightly built and 6'6" puts off the effects of age as well as is possible for a keeper, hence why Buffon is only now slowing down.

Donut

Sounds like he came back unfit. We know LVG hates fatties, as shown with his treatment of Shaw .

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

:confused::confused:
If Luckhurst has been hearing things then somewhere on the internet there will be some meat to add to this bone. The Red Issue lot are generally pretty good with this stuff.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Hmm is it really a massive deal if a goalkeeper comes back slightly more unfit then he should be? If it is to LVG then fair enough and its a fair punishment perhaps. Id be pleased personally if he does stay. I doubt the intention was always for him to leave otherwise im sure we would have been more interested in Cech. I reckon we will sign a decent goalkeeper who has potential but will be made to prove himself battling Valdes for the number one spot. Cillessen maybe or Leno?assuming De Gea lives obviously.

khoazany

That instagram post clears it all up given that footballers never lie.
Not sure what people expect really.Maybe he should post something like "Feck Van Gaal he told me if I stay I will be 4th choice.Can't wait to throw this United shirt into the bin".

Even if he's going to leave us soon it's professionalism not to suggest anything about the move on social media.

I think he's not fit.Not travelled with the U21s 2 days ago as well.

Van Gaal confirms Valdes' departure

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Van Gaal confirms he's as good as gone. He refused to play for the second team last year as well.

RonaldoVII

Posted in other thread:

LVG was asked why Valdes is not on the tour, Louis says he doesn't follow my philosophy so no place for one player. Philosophy is how you play football and how you maintain your match rhythm. Last year he refused to play in the 2nd team. That's one aspect but there are others.

Says there is only one way and that is out. Confirms he is being sold. Big disappointment for us. We thought he'd follow out philosophy. It's a pity cos we've given opportunity to rehab then given a contract. When you don't play in 1st team you have to play in 2nd, every player has to play that and he refused that.

Picked in last game to help him and to show his qualities for another club.

Sam

Think its fair to say I was wrong about Valdes being our new #1 :lol:

Sounds like LVG is incredibly angry and disappointed with him. And I don't blame him

izec

so that guy from MEN was right with Valdes and what he heard about him. LvG killed him there. Brutal, but deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.