Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redevil2

Not sure I get what's wrong with that picture? Seems like a pretty standard thing for a footballer to post...
I think so too. He after all had been working on a very high level and now he's being sidelined like that. I wonder what it would be like if he knocked on VG's door and wanted a word? Maybe apology or something. At least they should talk like grown up.

redevil2

Yeah me neither. Apparently it's dickish though. But then who's the bigger dick, the dick in the picture or the dick that brought him here?

Seriously though, if those 2 won't kiss and make up then we really do need to get him out the club as it will only be a distraction to other members of the squad.
That's what I am most worried about. Maybe they need a middle man to interfere (between him and VG)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously it's not the working hard part which is the issue. It's rather his "trolling" and childish behaviour
That's what I mean, I don't get how it's trolling? Think I'm missing something, it just looks like the sort of thing footballers always post.

redevil2

Free transfers can still go through but we'll have to release him and he will have to agree not to take any money to actually be released from his contract.
Well it would be very bad business if we are not getting anything by "selling" him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think so too. He after all had been working on a very high level and now he's being sidelined like that. I wonder what it would be like if he knocked on VG's door and wanted a word? Maybe apology or something. At least they should talk like grown up.
Apparently he's fallen out with LVG a few times in the past and they used to have some big training ground rows? They obviously always got back on good terms though given they seemed to have a strong relationship when Valdes arrived. Maybe that's just the way they are.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
That's what I mean, I don't get how it's trolling? Think I'm missing something, it just looks like the sort of thing footballers always post.
It started when he posted the 3 games he played for the U21. Some other posts just come across as childish also with regards to timing. Might be a coincidence

redevil2

It started when he posted the 3 games he played for the U21. Some other posts just come across as childish also with regards to timing. Might be a coincidence
To be fair (and I am not really defending him) a strong character would not lie down and not let people know about the three games he played U21. His hashtag was #respect as I recall. It's quite innocent (as far as social media standard goes! In the past one would leak to a journo or something...)

redevil2

Apparently he's fallen out with LVG a few times in the past and they used to have some big training ground rows? They obviously always got back on good terms though given they seemed to have a strong relationship when Valdes arrived. Maybe that's just the way they are.
The initial idea must be to get him to replace DDG and they (VV and VG) knew each other's temperaments and must have already kissed and made up when we welcomed him into the treatment centre and eventually signed a contract with him. The subsequent "row" look very childish on both parties if you ask me

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
To be fair (and I am not really defending him) a strong character would not lie down and not let people know about the three games he played U21. His hashtag was #respect as I recall. It's quite innocent (as far as social media standard goes! In the past one would leak to a journo or something...)
Sure, it's debatable. I found it a bit childish, especially considering the fact he only paid 3 games. Anyways, he's not in the squad and probably never will be

redevil2

Sure, it's debatable. I found it a bit childish, especially considering the fact he only paid 3 games. Anyways, he's not in the squad and probably never will be
In terms of merit, he should have been ahead of Romero, but no one at the club is going to say that. When LvG signed Romero, he should not be thought as first choice. His credential is more on his international cap than clubs. His distribution is always a bit nervy for my liking and I feel for his teammates. Anyway, it's unfortunate how VV became out of favour with VG in such petty circumstances

Last edited:

redevil2

In terms of merit, he should have been ahead of Romero, but no one at the club is going to say that. When LvG signed Romero, he should not be thought as first choice. His credential is more on his international cap than clubs. His distribution is always a bit nervy for my liking and I feel for his teammates. Anyway, it's unfortunate how VV became out of favour with VG in such petty circumstances
Just read the repost from when he's being signed and VG said he's being signed as number 2 for United.

BTW, How true is the Sky news tweet above? It sounds good news!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I feel that he did something very stupid and is now trying his best to be forgiven.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Is it too big a stretch to think maybe Johnstone's agent's comments caused this? Or were his comments a result of this?
Yes because of Johnstone's agent's comments van Gaal lost faith and trust in Johnstone and therefore felt obliged to use one of his five spare squad spots on Valdes.

Acole9

Outstanding
His inclusion means he could well have a future at the club. This is good to hear.

Mainoldo

Anything that prevents lazy diving Romero from being number one... Get back in favour Vales.. We could have done with his experience and composure for our first 3 games.

redevil2

Is it too big a stretch to think maybe Johnstone's agent's comments caused this? Or were his comments a result of this?
At the beginning of the season, there were news Johnstone would be loaned out. Guess he's being kept because there was no certainty of DDG nor VV. The agent's comment might be as a result of insider information VV is in again. I look at the whole saga as a mess but maybe it's been all planned out. In any event it should be good news for VV to be in the squad again.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I have found him funny over the past few days, but at the end of the day the guy was taking the piss which really shouldn't be allowed.

Glad to see he has been rewarded with a place in the squad

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Kissed and made up then.
I think they did not include him in the CL squad to leave him the option of playing in the competition if some club buys him in January. Not sure which club in the knock out stages would be missing a goalie but you'd never know with injuries and stuff.

Moriarty

I think they did not include him in the CL squad to leave him the option of playing in the competition if some club buys him in January. Not sure which club in the knock out stages would be missing a goalie but you'd never know with injuries and stuff.
This whole thing with Valdes has been a hoot. Watching the goalies sitting in the stands muttering amongst themselves has been hilarious. You can just imagine what they're saying.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
If everyone is in their peak may be. Otherwise as things stand, I'd take Courtois and Begovic or even Courois and Cech from last season over this lot.
I'm saying in terms of depth. Usually the quality drops off pretty sharply after the backup goalkeeper.

Hawkeye

Pedro quotes are interesting

Pedro admitted he was not impressed with how Van Gaal treated his fellow Spaniard but says it was United's dawdling over the transfer that made him move to Stamford Bridge.

"It's true that I don't like that treatment for my colleagues, especially for Victor, who has been a reference as a team-mate and as a professional," Pedro told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I don't believe it's fair but it didn't influence my decision. I just saw that Manchester didn't take that move forward, that they were taking too long. Chelsea were more decisive.

"I spoke to Victor a lot. He told me that United was very good and there was a great fan following, but that his only problem was the situation with the coach.

"But Victor absolutely did not recommend against signing for United. He spoke very well of the club. It's a great club but I'm convinced I have made the right choice to join Chelsea.

"I had an important chat with Jose Mourinho and he said many things that I liked to hear. That, combined with the possibility to live in London, was what made me decide."

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Really glad he has been included in the squad for the Premier League its a start for him to get some game time I hope.

Moriarty

Pedro quotes are interesting

Pedro admitted he was not impressed with how Van Gaal treated his fellow Spaniard but says it was United's dawdling over the transfer that made him move to Stamford Bridge.

"It's true that I don't like that treatment for my colleagues, especially for Victor, who has been a reference as a team-mate and as a professional," Pedro told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"I don't believe it's fair but it didn't influence my decision. I just saw that Manchester didn't take that move forward, that they were taking too long. Chelsea were more decisive.

"I spoke to Victor a lot. He told me that United was very good and there was a great fan following, but that his only problem was the situation with the coach.

"But Victor absolutely did not recommend against signing for United. He spoke very well of the club. It's a great club but I'm convinced I have made the right choice to join Chelsea.

"I had an important chat with Jose Mourinho and he said many things that I liked to hear. That, combined with the possibility to live in London, was what made me decide."
That clears that up then. I wonder what Valdes said about Van Gaal, apart from the bit about him being a cnut?

izec

No chance he has a future here, dont know why we included him in the squad. De Gea will start soon, so i dont care who sits on the bench. I dont expect him to be much longer here at the club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Probably smarter to include him in the squad so he keeps his arse quiet and not do too much bad mouthing on the sly to his Spanish mates. Hope they made him promise to not discuss any club related issues via twitter. Otherwise, happy if this just goes quiet now with him being included - had enough of the goalkeeping drama at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.