Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's got a point. He left/got sacked by Bayern and Barcelona twice. He probably think he deserves to leave/be sacked from us twice too

Denis79

If Woodward did it, it was because it's the right thing from his position. Was it fair on LVG? No, but United are bigger.

Let's say LVG had decided to get rid of a player at the end of the season, Rooney for instance (yeah, no way). A while before the end of the season, Rooney comes up and asks him if he intends to sell him. What would LVG do? Deny it, ofcourse, wait till the end of the season - and sell him.

It's just the way it is. a CEO would do that to the manager, a manager would do that to a player. A manager would try to stop a player from leaving to a bigger club, but would jump ship himself if was given such an offer.
Recent history has shown us that keeping the United job depends on qualifying to the CL. Find it hard to believe LVG was unaware of what was expected. They board must have set their expectations before the season started?

el3mel

Why is this thread bumbed ? Thought he talked about us again and was ready to go on a riot. :lol:

stevoc

Why hasn't anyone close to the club just addressed his nonsense through the media and answered him? he has slammed the club several times but no one has responded. If i was an ex player I would speak my mind and put him in his place. Both him and Moyes. These two harmed the club.
Whats the point?

All it would do is give journalists a story, give them the excuse to run back to Van Gaal and Moyes (not that he needs an excuse) for a counter quote. It would degenerate into back and forth public mud slinging that would achieve nothing other than making the club look bad and creating negative headlines.

The club are just right to not give this nonsense the time of day.

MUFC OK

Because he is insignificant, someone the club is trying to forget
Yet some fans want to risk harking back to those days by sacking the only manager we've had since Fergie who is worthy of taking on the job. Jose is rebuilding us.

redmanx

“I never wanted more than two years anyway. Man United wanted three years."

So he got what he wanted. You're welcome, Louis.

I also think we handled the sacking poorly, but I'm delighted we got rid. Mourinho's been better in every aspect of the job and should have been hired on the spot when SAF called it quits.
I agree 100%.

Amir

Recent history has shown us that keeping the United job depends on qualifying to the CL. Find it hard to believe LVG was unaware of what was expected. They board must have set their expectations before the season started?
That recent history included only Moyes at the time...

Denis79

That recent history included only Moyes at the time...
True that we the fans know that now but I'm guessing that was the boards minimum with both Moyes and LVG even if it wasn't public knowledge. This is Mourinhos 2nd season and even if we win the FA cup and finish 2nd in the league many will see it as a failure, How can LVG be shocked that finishing outside the top 4 and winning the FA cup was good enough in his second season at United. Like Mourinho he was given the same amount of spending power, like Mourinho he wanted to change the majority of the team.

Let's be honest. LVG didn't exactly leave Mourinho a team that was fantastic even though he spent just as much as Mourinho. Who is actually playing now that was bought by LVG? LVG had to rebuild completely for his type of football, just as Mourinho did. So both in my eyes had almost the same conditions when they were appointed. If Mourinho fails to qualify for the CL and wins the FA cup, he should get sacked like LVG was.

Last edited: