g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

NoLogo

Bailly is injured, no one is arguing that. But he is reckless, dives in, has poor passing ability, very rarely wins headers.
Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see him as top defender because of this. He might be a spectacular defender but a good one? He still has to prove imo that he can actually defend without his athleticism bailing him out of the bad positions he gets into way too often. Also for a top defender these days imo you simply have to be comfortable on the ball as well tragically non of our defenders is, maybe Lindelöf but he still has a lot to prove when it comes to having the needed defensive qualities to make it at a top club.

Tyrion

I'm not surprised he's angry with the club as he was never an easy going personality. That said, his sacking was completely justified and we're a better team now. Moyes is similar though I understand why he is a little bitter about it.

Needham

It's a shame to have a growing list of recent ex managers with an animus against the club.

Kapardin

Bitter LvG needs to find a new hobby!
If Blind is more suited for Spain than England, why did the deluded fool buy him for us? Nepotism I suppose.

Always suspected he would be more annoying than Moyes if he started yakking. Guess the paychecks from Ed have dried up now.

Van Gaal was very good at talking a good game. Said he'd retire at the very top when he leaves Utd. Brought in lot's of young players that were meant to be amazing. Only problem was that he was found out to be a total charlatan by the board and fans soon after so he deserved everything he got as he was given 6 months longer than he would have got anywhere else and he couldn't walk the walk despite being great at talking the talk.
This. The idea that his exit was unclassy because it was announced on the day of the FA Cup win is laughable considering we gave him 6 months longer than he should have had.

Another club would have hired Jose by then and he would be the one lifting that FA Cup, assuming we made it there under him.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't see him as top defender because of this. He might be a spectacular defender but a good one? He still has to prove imo that he can actually defend without his athleticism bailing him out of the bad positions he gets into way too often. Also for a top defender these days imo you simply have to be comfortable on the ball as well tragically non of our defenders is, maybe Lindelöf but he still has a lot to prove when it comes to having the needed defensive qualities to make it at a top club.
At times Bailly has been very very good. However, there definitely have been times where he's been very shaky and rash. The important thing for him is to improve that consistency.

BaneIsPain

Whenever I read Van Gaal's name,I always remembered the december masssacre(losing to bournemouth,stoke and etc.6 winless game in a row)

He should be sacked after boxing day that season

davidmichael

Literally go feck yourself LVG, you were without doubt the most useless and clueless cnut ever in charge of our club (including Moyes) and your piss poor management and transfer dealing is arguably the biggest reason we are where we are currently are so feck you and merry Christmas.

Wilt

Both LVG and Moyes were disastrous for Utd, resulting in making one of the best clubs in Europe a laughing stock. However, I did think LVG's inevitable dismissal was poorly timed. As for Moyes, words fail me.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's hardly a war with us, I don't think that many fans will care if Blind leaves, I certainly won't anyway.

Member 5225

Whenever I read Van Gaal's name,I always remembered the december masssacre(losing to bournemouth,stoke and etc.6 winless game in a row)

He should be sacked after boxing day that season
Was a scandal! Couldn't believe we didn't get rid, with Jose available and all.
Imagine Jose had been snapped up later!!

Frank Grimes

Literally go feck yourself LVG, you were without doubt the most useless and clueless cnut ever in charge of our club (including Moyes) and your piss poor management and transfer dealing is arguably the biggest reason we are where we are currently are so feck you and merry Christmas.
Spot on. His tenure was more damaging than Moyes imo.

More from LVG

United_We_Stand

Belgians should be grateful to us

"I think the manner in which Manchester United treated me was horrible, and treacherous as well.
"I had plenty of offers of work after I left United. The Belgian FA wanted me to become their national coach.
"But I couldn't take a job with anyone for a year, because of the conditions United attached to my severance payment.
"So I missed out on the Belgium job, among others, despite thinking it would be a terrific challenge.
"I felt so resentful about letting this opportunity slip. It was stupid, as sporting considerations are the most important.
"But back then I felt it was more about taking revenge on United, and that they should have to pay me the maximum amount."

"The way Barcelona's president Josep Lluis Nunez behaved with me was fantastic.
"Not everyone in the world of football is a fake."

Bojan11

I had a lot of time for LVG. How he behaved quietly over the last year or so. But now he is beginning to annoy me more than Moyes. Atleast Moyes doesn’t come up with stupid stuff like I wanted to take revenge etc.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Take revenge on United?

Whatever mate, your football was shite.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

"I think the manner in which Manchester United treated me was horrible, and treacherous as well.
"I had plenty of offers of work after I left United. The Belgian FA wanted me to become their national coach.
"But I couldn't take a job with anyone for a year, because of the conditions United attached to my severance payment.
"So I missed out on the Belgium job, among others, despite thinking it would be a terrific challenge.
"I felt so resentful about letting this opportunity slip. It was stupid, as sporting considerations are the most important.
"But back then I felt it was more about taking revenge on United, and that they should have to pay me the maximum amount."

So he supposedly shot himself in the foot because he wanted revenge on us by taking a fat paycheck? Not one bit of that doesn't make him sound like a dickhead. I'm glad someone that pathetic and the shite that was served up from them is gone from our club, although the stain lingers.

crossy1686

career ending
:lol: Oh Louis, you turned down a job you really wanted just because you wanted coin? You do know that we agreed to pay you that amount because we were happy to do so right?

I'm at least glad the old dog has found a reason to not go gently into that dark night.

Last edited:

ti vu

:houllier:

Took revenge by receiving the pay out fee, and then complained about not being able to take another job due to that? What's about the retirement plan?

Fuzzy Dunlop

In a perfect world (or a book) Klopp would be sacked and Liverpool would hire LvG, bringing a season full of drama, revenge and quotes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His interviews are as boring as ManUtd's performances under him. So predictable.

reddaz71

He didnt have to accept the severance money,he could have refused and took another job,still very much deluded!!

Jaybomb

I wish he wasn’t so bitter. I quite liked him as United manager.

RooneyLegend

He's lost his marbles. As if however much we paid him off isn't just a drop in the ocean for us. Our managerial appointments post Sir Alex have been dire.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
:lol: Oh Louis, you turned down a job you really wanted just because you wanted coin? You do know that we agreed to pay you that amount because we were happy to do so right?

I'm at least glad the old dog has found a reason to not go gently into that dark night.
You work for united?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
To be honest, he's such a disaster he actually reflects worse on Ed Woodward than he does on himself.

If you buy a nice looking sandwich and it turns out it tastes shite and upsets your stomach, that's just bad luck on your part.

If you buy a dodgy looking sandwich, and it tastes shite and upsets your stomach, and then you come back and eat another bit of the sandwich anyway...then end up having to pay the sandwich compensation for not finishing it, you are an absolute fecking moron. Its no longer the sandwich that is to blame.

Red71

So he supposedly shot himself in the foot because he wanted revenge on us by taking a fat paycheck? Not one bit of that doesn't make him sound like a dickhead. I'm glad someone that pathetic and the shite that was served up from them is gone from our club, although the stain lingers.
100% this.....dickhead is right! The old twonk couldn’t even get being fired right!

el3mel

After all these terrible quotes about us, anyone still defending him needs his head checked tbh.

What's that any different from Moyes repeatedly saying he deserved a chance here ?

Kapardin

Revenge for what? Sacking him after inventing a cure for insomnia with our squad?

Fake manager calling Woodward a fake. Pot. Kettle.

If Woodward watches his own interview about van Gaal in the summer of 2015 when he praised him and called him a genius, he would be cringing now. It looks really funny now, the total lack of vision we had but the self-confident manner in which we went about inviting disaster.

JohnnyKills

Woodward and the Glazers really couldn't have handled the post-fergie transition any worse could they?

They appointed two awful candidates at a time when Guardiola and Klopp were both on the move. And we're still paying them for the privilege of having them as owners.

Thank God their commercial skills outweigh their football ones.

JohnnyKills

Van Gaal has built an entire career from one success: the 1995 champions league. It's incredible who he has conned so many for so long.

ants7

Woodward and the Glazers really couldn't have handled the post-fergie transition any worse could they?

They appointed two awful candidates at a time when Guardiola and Klopp were both on the move. And we're still paying them for the privilege of having them as owners.

Thank God their commercial skills outweigh their football ones.
This.