Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

Kostur

海尔的老板
I wonder if all this 'revenge' and 'betrayal' narrative that he tries to paint is just a coping mechanism with the fact that he was fecking shit. Like, you know, not letting this idea into your head that you actually were a failure.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I wonder if all this 'revenge' and 'betrayal' narrative that he tries to paint is just a coping mechanism with the fact that he was fecking shit. Like, you know, not letting this idea into your head that you actually were a failure.
If I had a job where I was totally incompetent, failed to meet all targets, bored everyone to within an inch of their lives and then wanted credit when the day before I was sacked I actually delivered one of the many targets I was set two years previously, would I really feel hard done by?

Shark

@NotShark
I have no doubt that 10 years down the line there will be morons that claim that LVG laid the foundations for whatever success comes, based on absolutely nothing at all. He along with Moyes were hired due to poor planning from the board and both have set us back years. We are lucky that Mourinho became available when he did to sweep up some of the mess, yet it seems that nobody fully appreciates what he's done and where we are now.

el3mel

Behave yourself, we treated him like shit, he has every right to be bitter, we paid him to keep stum for a year, but were quite happy for the friggin saviour of the universe to name drop him at nearly every presser during that year.
Treated him like shite. :lol:

The guy provided us with the worst football ever, with the most boring draws, finished 5th, crushed us from CL in a group whose strongest team was Wolfsburg, lost to our bitter rivals, Liverpool in EL, and finally saved his arse by winning FA cup against fecking Palace in an extra time.

Then we should be blamed for sacking him after that FA cup win. :lol:

Do you realize that in any other top club this Dutch twat wouldn't have even completed the season ? Do you realize that any other top club would have sacked him after going through 8 successive games in December without winning ?

Did you ever see what Bayern did with Carlo ? If so you'll realize we have over-respected that clown by letting him completing the season. He should have been sacked in December.

King.of.Red

After all these terrible quotes about us, anyone still defending him needs his head checked tbh.

What's that any different from Moyes repeatedly saying he deserved a chance here ?
will be great if those LVG lovers come out and post their arguments again..

Well, feck you LVG!

King.of.Red

After all these terrible quotes about us, anyone still defending him needs his head checked tbh.

What's that any different from Moyes repeatedly saying he deserved a chance here ?
will be great if those LVG lovers come out and post their arguments again..

Well, feck you LVG!

SirAF

Ageist
Fat man is yapping again? Some revenge :lol: His payment was a drop of piss to United.

Red_toad

"I think the manner in which Manchester United treated me was horrible, and treacherous as well.
"I had plenty of offers of work after I left United. The Belgian FA wanted me to become their national coach.
"But I couldn't take a job with anyone for a year, because of the conditions United attached to my severance payment.
"So I missed out on the Belgium job, among others, despite thinking it would be a terrific challenge.
"I felt so resentful about letting this opportunity slip. It was stupid, as sporting considerations are the most important.
"But back then I felt it was more about taking revenge on United, and that they should have to pay me the maximum amount."

Yet another wealthy person trying to play the victim. All his own fault, as was the dire shit his team served up whilst he was in charge.
Such a bitter man, saying he turned down the job to get revenge, yet blaming United for him not being a good enough manager.

Kostur

海尔的老板
If I had a job where I was totally incompetent, failed to meet all targets, bored everyone to within an inch of their lives and then wanted credit when the day before I was sacked I actually delivered one of the many targets I was set two years previously, would I really feel hard done by?
Hurr durr Mourinho and Woodward are disgusting though.

Fluctuation0161

Woodward and the Glazers really couldn't have handled the post-fergie transition any worse could they?

They appointed two awful candidates at a time when Guardiola and Klopp were both on the move. And we're still paying them for the privilege of having them as owners.

Thank God their commercial skills outweigh their football ones.
Agreed.

LVG’s departure was handled terribly and I’m not surprised he’s bitter. I’m glad he’s gone but leaking it to the press before he could celebrate the FA cup win was a classless move.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
In the 'strange & colourful' mind of LvG though, he did a marvellous job, and he is still baffled why he got the sack?
It was all because of some shady conspiracy.
The man is utterly delusional and will only become even more so as his memories of Old Trafford become even more of a 'fisherman's tale' in his mind.

I’m glad he’s gone but leaking it to the press before he could celebrate the FA cup win was a classless move.
Was it really leaked to the press though, or was it just the press speculating on what was a pretty much widely accepted fate of LvG?
I mean, everyone knew that he'd be sacked, it was just a question of when it would happen.
By rights, he should have gone months earlier

Kapardin

I would expect this sort of trash talking even from someone like Moyes, but LvG, despite managing some big clubs in his career, has proven to be utterly small-time just like Moyes, Hughes and the like.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
LVG is an insane clown. Be happy you don't have to watch him at Dutch talk shows. The man is football's Donald Trump. He is a child who gets angry when questioned. Everyone needs to respect and worship him or else.

He used to get away with it, because he got results. When you take away the results though, he's simply an insane old man who shouldn't get any attention from anyone.

Mr.Plow

This has to be one of the most pathetic quotes I've read in football. He turned down a good job for revenge? What a cnut.

SupaFella

Supports
Manchester City
LVG is an insane clown. Be happy you don't have to watch him at Dutch talk shows. The man is football's Donald Trump. He is a child who gets angry when questioned. Everyone needs to respect and worship him or else.

He used to get away with it, because he got results. When you take away the results though, he's simply an insane old man who shouldn't get any attention from anyone.
You Dutch never had much love for him because of his personality. As a Flemming I watched Van Gaal being dissed time and time again by dutch media in the run up to the 2014 WC and his tactics heavily scrutinised, and even when he put down a quite good result practically no-one ate his words.

To me Dutch football talk shows seem unnesecary hard on people just for the entertainment value of it. It's ok when it's taken with a grain of salt but in my impression some things have been rather overdone. You seem to be using exagerations like "insane clown" etc. I'm not against some banter but i think it's stupid when it's pulled to such levels that it is starting to be held as true.

Sure he was bad for United and they were right to replace him. But i think it's stupid if Dutch people are going to take it as license to start bashing him again after he did well in 2014. At that rate i can understand that he doesn't feel respected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodzy

I liked him for a long time while he was here, and even during that Christmas period in 2015 when the world was against him, I felt incredibly sorry for him and hoped he could turn it around.

His football was absolute shite but he was still likeable until the day he left. Now he’s coming across as an absolute cnut.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You Dutch never had much love for him because of his personality. As a Flemming I watched Van Gaal being dissed time and time again by dutch media in the run up to the 2014 WC and his tactics heavily scrutinised, and even when he put down a quite good result practically no-one ate his words.

To me Dutch football talk shows seem unnesecary hard on people just for the entertainment value of it. It's ok when it's taken with a grain of salt but in my impression some things have been rather overdone. You seem to be using exagerations like "insane clown" etc. I'm not against some banter but i think it's stupid when it's pulled to such levels that it is starting to be held as true.

Sure he was bad for United and they were right to replace him. But i think it's stupid if Dutch people are going to take it as license to start bashing him again after he did well in 2014. At that rate i can understand that he doesn't feel respected.
We, or I for what it's worth, respect his achievement's as a manager, but that doesn't mean I condone his behaviour towards other people. He's extremely condescending to people who disagree with him and does not accept any criticism on anything. He's a rather narcissistic person. Perhaps "insane clown" is a bit harsh, but the way he acts, it's not that over the top.

The high point being his cringe worthy speech in Germany before the CL final in 2010. He's achieved a lot in his career and how he got us to 3rd place with that squad in 2014 was great, but he's a crazy person.

Also you probably mean Voetbal International when you say the talkshows are over the top, but they should definitely be taken with a large portion of salt :)

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
We, or I for what it's worth, respect his achievement's as a manager, but that doesn't mean I condone his behaviour towards other people. He's extremely condescending to people who disagree with him and does not accept any criticism on anything. He's a rather narcissistic person. Perhaps "insane clown" is a bit harsh, but the way he acts, it's not that over the top.

The high point being his cringe worthy speech in Germany before the CL final in 2010. He's achieved a lot in his career and how he got us to 3rd place with that squad in 2014 was great, but he's a crazy person.

Also you probably mean Voetbal International when you say the talkshows are over the top, but they should definitely be taken with a large portion of salt :)
What cringe worthy speech? The one where they celebrated Bayern winning the league? I thought that was funny.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
This has to be one of the most pathetic quotes I've read in football. He turned down a good job for revenge? What a cnut.
Yes, I'm surprised he is willing to admit it. It's pretty embarrassing, and shows how petty he is. He turned down a good job, and the salary that would have given him, just so that Man Utd would have to keep paying him instead.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Treated him like shite. :lol:

The guy provided us with the worst football ever, with the most boring draws, finished 5th, crushed us from CL in a group whose strongest team was Wolfsburg, lost to our bitter rivals, Liverpool in EL, and finally saved his arse by winning FA cup against fecking Palace in an extra time.

Then we should be blamed for sacking him after that FA cup win. :lol:

Do you realize that in any other top club this Dutch twat wouldn't have even completed the season ? Do you realize that any other top club would have sacked him after going through 8 successive games in December without winning ?

Did you ever see what Bayern did with Carlo ? If so you'll realize we have over-respected that clown by letting him completing the season. He should have been sacked in December.
Worst football ever ?! Unless you've lied about your age you're only 22 ffs, and dripping in entitlement.

Luckily for you Frank O'Farrell, Dave Sexton and the early SAF years were long before your time.

Manchester United have always had a bit more class about us than your ordinary club, so I couldn't really give two shits about what other clubs may, or may not have done in the past, or may do it the future.

ps. We finished 6th last year.

SirAF

Ageist
Behave yourself, we treated him like shit, he has every right to be bitter, we paid him to keep stum for a year, but were quite happy for the friggin saviour of the universe to name drop him at nearly every presser during that year.
Nonsense, he was paid a fortune for doing a sub-par job.

I'm happy Woodward went behind is back to get Mourinho. It's just business, get over it.

EyeInTheSky

Nail on head.

crossy1686

career ending
You work for united?
I wish! We wouldn't have agreed a severance package that would break us so I don't understand why Van Gaal would turn down a move that would probably pay him more and definitely give him more satisfaction just to make sure he got the full severance package, the guy is a nutter. It would have only been salary for x number of months, plus holidays anyway.

Class of 63

Sourness
Nonsense, he was paid a fortune for doing a sub-par job.

I'm happy Woodward went behind is back to get Mourinho. It's just business, get over it.
LvG got us into the Champions League through the front-door in his first season with a depleted squad, then won the FA Cup in his second, so hardly sub-par

Most on here probably were as well, doesn't make it right though.

crossy1686

career ending
Woodward and the Glazers really couldn't have handled the post-fergie transition any worse could they?

They appointed two awful candidates at a time when Guardiola and Klopp were both on the move. And we're still paying them for the privilege of having them as owners.

Thank God their commercial skills outweigh their football ones.
Both were approached after the Moyes firing but Klopp wanted to commit to Dortmund after having a bad season, then left the following season and Pep wanted to take a sabbatical to improve his English. It's all about timing! It's annoying that Fergie and Gill didn't handle his retirement better to be honest. If they would have both been open with the board from the start of the season and just kept it quiet from everyone else, we could have at least approached a few managers during the season instead of panicking during the last month of the season when everyone already had verbal agreements or more.

crossy1686

career ending
LvG got us into the Champions League through the front-door in his first season with a depleted squad, then won the FA Cup in his second, so hardly sub-par

Most on here probably were as well, doesn't make it right though.
He then took that squad that got him Champions League through the front door, got rid of players he wasn't keen on, took it down to it's bare-bones and brought in replacements that were sub-par. He did a decent job but, god, we were awful. For the first time in my life I stopped watching the games because they made me too angry.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
And boy did he get his revenge; United had to give him some money they found done the back of the sofa and all it cost him was a job he really wanted.

Class of 63

Sourness
He then took that squad that got him Champions League through the front door, got rid of players he wasn't keen on, took it down to it's bare-bones and brought in replacements that were sub-par. He did a decent job but, god, we were awful. For the first time in my life I stopped watching the games because they made me too angry.
I think you'll find that most(read all) Managers get rid of players they're not keen on ;)

I'd edit that if I was you, you'll get lynched on here for saying he did a decent job :lol:

cyril C

Absolutely bizarre thing to attribute to Pep. Especially coming from the supporter of a Mourinho-managed club, I guess this can be classified as a textbook case of projection.
What is wrong with that attribute? Pep stayed at most 4 years in each position so what's wrong with 3rd year syndrome? In fact, it is equally valid to consider who will replace Mourinho after 3 years. That's life.

2007–2008 Barcelona B
2008–2012 Barcelona
2013–2016 Bayern Munich
2016– Manchester City

Ban

I think you'll find that most(read all) Managers get rid of players they're not keen on ;)

I'd edit that if I was you, you'll get lynched on here for saying he did a decent job :lol:
And they bring good replacements unlike LVG.
Tell me honestly were you satisfied with the football we produced under him?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Did anyone actually read and understand what he said? He's admitting he was stupid to go on his 'revenge' mission by taking every penny from us, when what was important was 'sporting considerations' i.e. better to be in a job than concentrating on things that are gone. So he's not saying take 'revenge' now - he's saying he was stupid to be thinking that way.

Don't bash the guy for things he hasn't said.

Anyway, hope he doesn't give anymore interviews about us, he needs to move on.

iKeano

:lol:

This.

el3mel

Worst football ever ?! Unless you've lied about your age you're only 22 ffs, and dripping in entitlement.

Luckily for you Frank O'Farrell, Dave Sexton and the early SAF years were long before your time.

Manchester United have always had a bit more class about us than your ordinary club, so I couldn't really give two shits about what other clubs may, or may not have done in the past, or may do it the future.

ps. We finished 6th last year.
What's exactly the point of the first phrase ? :lol:

We have already shown more class for that clown by letting him complete the season. Ask yourself if Madrid or Bayern have seen such shite boring football, drawing 0-0 with one or 2 shots on target, not winning in 8 successive games getting crashed from CL group and dropping to 5th in December. Any other top club would have had that clown getting sacked in December and letting an interim manager as Giggs finish the season. We were class enough to let him continue the season.

What were we supposed to do exactly ? Letting an incompetent and failed manager celebrate his useless cup after crushing us out of CL next season for a week or so ?

When was that class when Moyes was sacked after the Everton game and him knowing the news from the press ? Wasn't it acceptable at this time because he destroyed the team but LVG who got to complete a season who he didn't even deserve to complete it was treated like shite because he was deservedly sacked after winning a cup that didn't cover the disasters that happened in the reminder of the season ?

So we should be blamed but not him ? OK. Then Moyes was right to moan about him not getting chances and not getting transfers and being treated "like shite" because he didn't even get to complete the season and didn't get his transfers. I'm not defending Moyes but this is according to your logic.

We finished 6th last season but won 2 trophies and still got our CL qualification. Useless point to make really. Not to mention we're in Mourinho second season now and we're second in the table and in CL round of 16. What did LVG do in his second season ? Completely regressed from the first one, finished 5th, crushed from CL, League Cup and Europe League and had to resort to FA cup to save his face.

Those LVG fans..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He should have been sacked after those atrocious performances against midgetville or whatever the feck they were called