Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

RedDevil@84

Worst football ever ?! Unless you've lied about your age you're only 22 ffs, and dripping in entitlement.
Everyone puts in an opinion based on what football they have seen in their lives. There is no entitlement here. You don't sit and use situations that happened decades ago as a yardstick for everything. Especially when the football scenario even 5-6 years ago is not the same as now.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
This is the man who dropped his trousers in Bayern Munich dressing room so he could make the point that he got big balls and he could drop any big names from the team. True story.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Worst football ever ?! Unless you've lied about your age you're only 22 ffs, and dripping in entitlement.

Luckily for you Frank O'Farrell, Dave Sexton and the early SAF years were long before your time.
O'Farrell and Sexton were before my time but I have a fairly good memory of the early SAF years, having watched United regularly since big Ron was in charge. I am absolutely 100% certain that I have never been as frequently bored watching United play as I was when that Dutch fraud was in charge. He turned us into a fecking eyesore. Abysmal stuff altogether.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That's modern day football for you Sir. Show the results and you stay else just go out. We have high expectations and intense competition. We infact regressed over two years.

And its not like, we let you bankrupt. You have a nice severance package , enjoying life in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and still complain. Jeez !!

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Belgians should be grateful to us

"I think the manner in which Manchester United treated me was horrible, and treacherous as well.
"I had plenty of offers of work after I left United. The Belgian FA wanted me to become their national coach.
"But I couldn't take a job with anyone for a year, because of the conditions United attached to my severance payment.
"So I missed out on the Belgium job, among others, despite thinking it would be a terrific challenge.
"I felt so resentful about letting this opportunity slip. It was stupid, as sporting considerations are the most important.
"But back then I felt it was more about taking revenge on United, and that they should have to pay me the maximum amount."

"The way Barcelona's president Josep Lluis Nunez behaved with me was fantastic.
"Not everyone in the world of football is a fake."
This is genuinely one of the stupidest things I have seen, from any individual, in any field, ever.

So you made the decision to not take a job cos you wanted the money from your old employer and now you are crying about it and saying that was the fault of your old employer?

My word what a complete ass he is.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I mean Moyes is still talking his sack and that was around 5 years ago so its not surprising that this fecker still is.

Fluctuation0161

Was it really leaked to the press though, or was it just the press speculating on what was a pretty much widely accepted fate of LvG?
I mean, everyone knew that he'd be sacked, it was just a question of when it would happen.
By rights, he should have gone months earlier
I think the questions after the FA cup win were too specific to be just a hunch. Someone had leaked it and then it everyone knew he'd be sacked for Jose.

Tbh I think the main problem is our lack of football strategy from the board.

LVG spent shed loads to build a squad of passing midgets! We then hired Jose who likes a team of large, physical, direct counter attackers. You couldn't make this shit up!

Dyslexic Untied

He should let it go. Just like with Moyes, there is just absolutely nothing to win by sounding off in a bitter way after you leave a club. Surprises me that they don't see that. Van Gaal has nothing he needs to defend either; he's had a great career, is probably filthy rich and is probably not going to need a managerial job again.

littleman

He should let it go. Just like with Moyes, there is just absolutely nothing to win by sounding off in a bitter way after you leave a club. Surprises me that they don't see that. Van Gaal has nothing he needs to defend either; he's had a great career, is probably filthy rich and is probably not going to need a managerial job again.
Probably had enough wealth and never needed a job. It's his ego

Ban

When teams didn't want to play football against us it was dire at times, especially at OT, i'm not disputing that, but if the opposition were up for it was usually very watchable and we played some great stuff.
It was up and down, even in those circumstances we didn't always play great stuff, and against lesser times it wasn't dire it was absolutely horrible.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
When teams didn't want to play football against us it was dire at times, especially at OT, i'm not disputing that, but if the opposition were up for it was usually very watchable and we played some great stuff.
I very much enjoyed getting humiliated by Liverpool in the EL. They were up for it and the score line could have been cricket score stuff. Arsenal away was a joy to watch as well, played off the park in the first half and then got shut out in the 2nd half. Tottenham away was decent as well; where it took a kid getting injured for us to capitulate and lose 3-0.

AndyJ1985

He coached all creativity out of our players and got us playing not only the worst, most insipid football I've ever seen from a United team, but some of the worst football I've ever seen from any team. By the end of his tenure I couldn't stand watching United matches, it was horrible. The deluded twat should be ashamed of what a piss poor job he done with so much money at his disposal. He set us backs years with his shite coaching and shite signings.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What's exactly the point of the first phrase ? :lol:

We have already shown more class for that clown by letting him complete the season. Ask yourself if Madrid or Bayern have seen such shite boring football, drawing 0-0 with one or 2 shots on target, not winning in 8 successive games getting crashed from CL group and dropping to 5th in December. Any other top club would have had that clown getting sacked in December and letting an interim manager as Giggs finish the season. We were class enough to let him continue the season.

What were we supposed to do exactly ? Letting an incompetent and failed manager celebrate his useless cup after crushing us out of CL next season for a week or so ?

When was that class when Moyes was sacked after the Everton game and him knowing the news from the press ? Wasn't it acceptable at this time because he destroyed the team but LVG who got to complete a season who he didn't even deserve to complete it was treated like shite because he was deservedly sacked after winning a cup that didn't cover the disasters that happened in the reminder of the season ?

So we should be blamed but not him ? OK. Then Moyes was right to moan about him not getting chances and not getting transfers and being treated "like shite" because he didn't even get to complete the season and didn't get his transfers. I'm not defending Moyes but this is according to your logic.

We finished 6th last season but won 2 trophies and still got our CL qualification. Useless point to make really. Not to mention we're in Mourinho second season now and we're second in the table and in CL round of 16. What did LVG do in his second season ? Completely regressed from the first one, finished 5th, crushed from CL, League Cup and Europe League and had to resort to FA cup to save his face.

Those LVG fans..
Oh don't get me started on Moyes, we treated him like shite as well :lol:

Sing you a song

O'Farrell and Sexton were before my time but I have a fairly good memory of the early SAF years, having watched United regularly since big Ron was in charge. I am absolutely 100% certain that I have never been as frequently bored watching United play as I was when that Dutch fraud was in charge. He turned us into a fecking eyesore. Abysmal stuff altogether.

Gotta say I also remember O 'Farrell ,sexton , Docherty , big fat Ron. I was there when we were relegated and watched the team in the old second division , but I have never seen more dreadful , awful , ugly , soulless football as that played when flatfface was manager . It was beyond horrible never want to see that ever again !!

el3mel

Oh don't get me started on Moyes, we treated him like shite as well :lol:
Then, can you tell what we should have done to both ? Someone who led to us to 7th and the other to 5th and both left us out of CL ? What should we have done to them to be "class" ?

Class of 63

Sourness
Did anyone actually read and understand what he said? He's admitting he was stupid to go on his 'revenge' mission by taking every penny from us, when what was important was 'sporting considerations' i.e. better to be in a job than concentrating on things that are gone. So he's not saying take 'revenge' now - he's saying he was stupid to be thinking that way.

Don't bash the guy for things he hasn't said.

Anyway, hope he doesn't give anymore interviews about us, he needs to move on.
This.

Class of 63

Sourness
The early SAF years were grim as well, and he inherited a far more talented squad than LvG did.

SalfordRed1960

Gotta say I also remember O 'Farrell ,sexton , Docherty , big fat Ron. I was there when we were relegated and watched the team in the old second division , but I have never seen more dreadful , awful , ugly , soulless football as that played when flatfface was manager . It was beyond horrible never want to see that ever again !!
I can't believe that you found LVG the worst if you have been watching that long. I am from the same era. Sexton in particular, brought in one of the most creative players in England (Ray Wilkins) and nullified all creativity. Wilkins became a crab. It was very hard to watch United under Sexton. As for Docherty and Fat Ron, they got as much out of the side as they could and were decent to watch. Always felt Doc would win the title, and will always remember Fat Ron's 10 win start to the season.

I think I would say Sexton was most boring, Moyes was the most clueless, O'Farrell and LVG were probably of the same sorts (idea was alright, execution was crap), Doc and Fat Ron were entertainers. Early Fergie was terrible considering the players he had, but built a good foundation. Feck knows where that went. I am not sure where Jose will be positioned at the end of his reign.

Paul_Scholes18

I think he is just a very awful person. Like many crazy nutjobs you can enjoy the things when you are not involved. Like now I can laugh at him, but it was torture watching us and I imagine players like Di maria and others did feel even worse playing for him.

Class of 63

Sourness
I very much enjoyed getting humiliated by Liverpool in the EL. They were up for it and the score line could have been cricket score stuff. Arsenal away was a joy to watch as well, played off the park in the first half and then got shut out in the 2nd half. Tottenham away was decent as well; where it took a kid getting injured for us to capitulate and lose 3-0.
You're obviously struggling with the word usually, and I could counter by mentioning where we also took the piss out of the same three teams, but i'm sure you remember them, and you're still trying to come to terms with it :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

I sometimes think United won the FA Cup in spite of LVG.
Nah you got to give him credit. He had faith in Rooney so he could score that 1-0 goal winner over Sheffield when we created nothing. We managed to beat some lower league sides too. He ruined our squad so much that he got force to give Rashford a chance who saved us against West Ham. We also managed to beat mighty Everton with half the squad injured and being in terrible form that got Martinez sacked and that got totally thrashed by Liverpool a few days earlier. Then he managed to beat Pardiola in the final which is a mighty victory that few managers could manage.

No other manager would be able to beat these mighty teams.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I thought he was useless. Arrogant and useless. Worse than Moyes.

Class of 63

Sourness
He coached all creativity out of our players and got us playing not only the worst, most insipid football I've ever seen from a United team, but some of the worst football I've ever seen from any team. By the end of his tenure I couldn't stand watching United matches, it was horrible. The deluded twat should be ashamed of what a piss poor job he done with so much money at his disposal. He set us backs years with his shite coaching and shite signings.
That shite coaching had us able to keep possession for fun most of the time, christ he nearly made Mike Smalling look like a footballer, nowadays with Mourinho in charge if we string 3 or 4 passes together its time to get the bunting out......

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You're obviously struggling with the word usually, and I could counter by mentioning where we also took the piss out of the same three teams, but i'm sure you remember them, and you're still trying to come to terms with it :lol:
I think you might be the one struggling. USUALLY means that there is some normalcy about the topic at hand. It was most definitely not normal for LVG to have us beat better teams. It's quite simple; because his tactics vs smaller teams were ineffective we were all surprised when they worked against better teams. So they stick in the memory.

Under LVG, we would either play a top team off the park, or get played off the park. That is not the mark of a manager in control of the situation. That is a manager that creates an inconsistent team and unreliable system.

Top managers, create an environment where players are prepared for the occasion. Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp all play with a recognizable system in big games. Mourinho and Guardiola are especially good at directing a game to the way they want. We seemed to lose our possesion based identity against the top teams under LVG, which tells us that LVG could not direct the game to his liking.

Paul_Scholes18

I think you might be the one struggling. USUALLY means that there is some normalcy about the topic at hand. It was most definitely not normal for LVG to have us beat better teams. It's quite simple; because his tactics vs smaller teams were ineffective we were all surprised when they worked against better teams. So they stick in the memory.

Under LVG, we would either play a top team off the park, or get played off the park. That is not the mark of a manager in control of the situation. That is a manager that creates an inconsistent team and unreliable system.

Top managers, create an environment where players are prepared for the occasion. Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp all play with a recognizable system in big games. Mourinho and Guardiola are especially good at directing a game to the way they want. We seemed to lose our possesion based identity against the top teams under LVG, which tells us that LVG could not direct the game to his liking.
In his first season against Spurs, Liverpool and Man City we played well. It was due to him moving to a 4-3-3 and putting out a balanced team with the right mix of players to win those games. Although it was something a lot of us had wanted a lot earlier (although with Di Maria in the team), but he was too stubborn and played his 3-5-2 with players in weird positions.

His main ideas didn't work, but sometimes luck gave him the right mix to win games.

AndyJ1985

That shite coaching had us able to keep possession for fun most of the time, christ he nearly made Mike Smalling look like a footballer, nowadays with Mourinho in charge if we string 3 or 4 passes together its time to get the bunting out......
Couldn't give a single solitary shit about possession. He coached all the joy out of the team and had us playing the dullest football the premier league has ever witnessed.

Class of 63

Sourness
Then, can you tell what we should have done to both ? Someone who led to us to 7th and the other to 5th and both left us out of CL ? What should we have done to them to be "class" ?
Having given Moyes a six year contract we should've at least given him until Christmas the following year to see if there was any progress, and with LvG, I appreciate it wasn't Ed and the boards fault that the Manchester council had recently realised there was a second team in the City and United having a parade through the City might upset a few City fans, but would it really have killed the powers that be giving LvG, and importantly the team a few days to enjoy actually winning a trophy - poor Jesse Lingard scores a stunning winner and didn't get a friggin mention in the papers, how wrong is that ?