Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

izec

I do think we handled the sacking poorly.

On the other hand, van Gaal was naive thinking the shite he served up week in week out and the availability of Mou wouldnt cost him the job, even if he had a 3 year contract.

Varun

Staff
His criticism is about the way it was handled and not the actual sacking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He didn't slam us for sacking him.
He slammed us for the way it was handled and I agree.
I liked Lui :(

mariner85

On the other hand, van Gaal was naive thinking the shite he served up week in week out and the availability of Mou wouldnt cost him the job, even if he had a 3 year contract.
I think we handled it well. We waited till the season was over and have him the boot.
Unlike other teams who announced the signing of managers before the season ended.

FromTheBench

I doubt the criticism of his style and our performances by ex players were due to Mourinho.

They were just speaking the truth.

Red Stone

“I never wanted more than two years anyway. Man United wanted three years."

So he got what he wanted. You're welcome, Louis.

I also think we handled the sacking poorly, but I'm delighted we got rid. Mourinho's been better in every aspect of the job and should have been hired on the spot when SAF called it quits.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think, and thought at the time, the sacking could have been handled better and was a bit poor from United. So I do agree with LvG to an extent there.

However the football was atrocious under LvG, he was always going to be sacked that summer.

Hammerfell

His criticism is about the way it was handled and not the actual sacking.

Varun

Staff

He says he understood us wanting Mourinho. Didn't see any complain about getting sacked there, just the way it was handled.

Manny

Grammar Police
The sacking was handled terribly what with it being leaked during the FA Cup final.

Everyone knew he was gone in his winners press conference. If I remember rightly, there were a few digs at him from the journos in that press conference.

izec

He says he understood us wanting Mourinho. Didn't see any complain about getting sacked there, just the way it was handled.
There is also a line saying he felt safe, knowing we gave him 3 years when he wanted 2 years.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Didn't say much wrong tbh.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Fair enough. It wasn't handled spectacularly, it has to be said. So I have some sympathy.

However, thank feck that decision was made, regardless of how we approached it.

izec

The sacking was handled terribly what with it being leaked during the FA Cup final.

Everyone knew he was gone in his winners press conference. If I remember rightly, there were a few digs at him from the journos in that press conference.
Exactly, he even asked if he couldnt enjoy the cup win for a few hours.

Adisa

There were precise leaks all through the second half of the season.
The leaks during the final was a farce.
I know they didn't come from the club but from Mourinho's people.
The club should have put a stop to it.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
The right decision was made and for the person getting the sack there is always going to be some resentment as to how it was handled. If I'm honest, we allowed him to serve shit on a stick football far too long! Should have been sacked sooner imo.

notcool

Supports
a
Didn't say much wrong tbh.
I've already made up my mind with the headline they chose. Just look at the poll they have. The man thinks he should still be manager of Man Utd, just like Wayne Rooney! Utterly deluded!.

DELUDED.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
anyone criticising him hasn't read the article. They're all fair comments. His style wasn't what United fans wanted but he was a truly great manager albeit way past his prime by the time he managed you guys.

Jerch

Sacked from more than half jobs he took and it is biggest embarrassed of his career when we sack him..

We did it right way because we all sae what can happen when you announce current manager will no longer be at a club next season. We also supported him till the end.

Adisa

I also think he's the kind of guy who wouldn't have bothered if we told him we were getting rid at the end of the season.
I still think he would have given everything. The man is a proud man.
Shambles from Ed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What exactly did he expect?
What he says in the article? Be more transparent about the fact that we wanted Mourinho and he'd have happily worked together with commitment for the next 6 months and gone. He's not fussed about being let go, just the way it was done.

izec

We held talks with him while David Moyes was still manager.

Even the Telegraph in the Netherlands confirmed that.
It is business as usual nowadays, van Gaal probably didnt experience it himself. But i do agree with him that we could have told him beforehand and give it a proper go for the rest of the season instead of doing it behind his back. He also needs to be given more respect than someone like Moyes, had more success and is a far bigger ego than him, even if morally both didnt deserve it as human beings, but yeah.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I also think he's the kind of guy who wouldn't have bothered if we told him we were getting rid at the end of the season.
I still think he would have given everything. The man is a proud man.
Shambles from Ed.
He actually says so in the article.

Adisa

We held talks with him while David Moyes was still manager.

Even the Telegraph in the Netherlands confirmed that.
Can't remember clearly but the first time we heard LVG was after Moyes had gone.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't like van Gaal at all, but that's actually fair from his point of view, especially if he wanted to stay just 2 years here.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He didn't slam us for sacking him.
He slammed us for the way it was handled and I agree.
I liked Lui :(
Pretty much. I liked him a lot but sacking him was inevitable.