Van Gaal slams United for sacking him, AGAIN!

Home&Away

If things don't improve soon we have to start questioning Woodward - he has this generic feeling that seeps in to the club with how he handles everything.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Home&Away

What's going so bad exactly?
To me personally - its not strong but there is an element of United being treated more as a business than a football club. It's happening with how we deal with transfers in and out, sackings & just in general; decisions seem to have this added baggage of being right in terms of business.

I can't be sure this is happening but I do feel it around the club & things like this do occasionally seep on to the field- we don't know what Woodwards & Jose's relationship is like for one; I doubt it's all clear cut & Rosey as it may seem from the outside. After all - all it takes is for one player that the manager thinks is vital that Woodward doesn't believe makes business/financial sense in the long run.

Tincanalley

Bit harsh.

ADM, Falcao and Valdes were not shit. It did not work out at United, but they are/were very good players. Falcao was certainly worth a risk, Chelsea also thought so. Of the others, Depay is like many young players, bit like Januzaj, Sanchez, KDB, Lukaku, that went to a big club too early. Schniederlin disappointed, but he looked good at Southampton and Schweinie is a German Football Master who was never brought in to be first team.

He also got rid of some players that were fringe players, passed on loads of youth to other teams on loan for a view of seeing whether they would make it, and gave a raft of youth an opportunity.

If Shaw did not have the injury that he had, we may never of experienced Rojo or Blind at left back. Be interesting whether Rojo would have cemented his position as CB (imo his best position). If Rio, Vidic, Evra and Giggs had not stopped playing at United, it may have been so very different.

You give Jose too much leeway. For LVG's list add Bailly, Mhiki, Lindelof, Lukaku. None of these have yet become trusted first team players. Zlatan will become a bit part player leaving Pogba and Matic.
Good post - I agree with most points; can you explain a bit more re Rio, Evra, etc., stopping playing?

Tincanalley

If things don't improve soon we have to start questioning Woodward - he has this generic feeling that seeps in to the club with how he handles everything.
I would hesitate to put all the blame on Woodward though; it’s quite a weird board, stuffed. I believe, with family and owner loyalists. The football/culture side of the table might not always get a hearing.

Home&Away

I would hesitate to put all the blame on Woodward though; it’s quite a weird board, stuffed. I believe, with family and owner loyalists. The football/culture side of the table might not always get a hearing.
You are probably right but he is the only person I know that is in the direct line to question really.

Home&Away

LvG, and David Moyes have every right to feel bitter about the way they were treated by United. I don't know how anybody can argue different

Whether they deserved to be sacked is neither here nor there.
Exactly - they both deserve to be sacked yet this wasn't done professionally especially considering one was done after a cup win.

No idea why people are reverting back to the boring football or LVG having a pig's face when that's got nothing to do with what's being talked about. No one is begging for their job back - they just feel sour about how everything was handled.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Exactly - they both deserve to be sacked yet this wasn't done professionally especially considering one was done after a cup win.

No idea why people are reverting back to the boring football or LVG having a pig's face when that's got nothing to do with what's being talked about. No one is begging for their job back - they just feel sour about how everything was handled.
I might be on my own here, but considering Moyes, already on a hiding to nothing walked into a divided changing-room i'd have given him until the following Christmas at least to see if he could have sorted things out.

Djemba-Djemba

I might be on my own here, but considering Moyes, already on a hiding to nothing walked into a divided changing-room i'd have given him until the following Christmas at least to see if he could have sorted things out.
If you're advocating giving Moyes more time then I imagine you are on your own yeah.

Home&Away

I'm not sure about giving him more time but LVG said something like " if he had known he was going; he would have grabbed all the group of players & made them give it their all until the new manager came whilst getting them ready for the next manager" - I don't personally see anything wrong with that & in fact I find it beneficial considering that Jose & LVG know a lot about each other - possibly helping us a bit last season too.

Moyes though slightly different because he was genuinely lost at managing a club like United should have been given more help likewise whether he was going or not. I felt this big distance between the manager, the players & the hierarchy that I didn't like that only got bigger when it became evident that Moyes was feeling more & more lost.

Its stuff like this which makes me feel that United is run like a business where stuff like public sackings are part of its DNA all of a sudden. We have always been a club full of class in my opinion - but wouldn't surprise me if that was just SAF who was clearly a manager who was doing more than just management of a football team.

el3mel

You wanted to give him another half season ? Please ..

cyril C

Bit harsh.

ADM, Falcao and Valdes were not shit. It did not work out at United, but they are/were very good players. Falcao was certainly worth a risk, Chelsea also thought so. Of the others, Depay is like many young players, bit like Januzaj, Sanchez, KDB, Lukaku, that went to a big club too early. Schniederlin disappointed, but he looked good at Southampton and Schweinie is a German Football Master who was never brought in to be first team.

He also got rid of some players that were fringe players, passed on loads of youth to other teams on loan for a view of seeing whether they would make it, and gave a raft of youth an opportunity.

If Shaw did not have the injury that he had, we may never of experienced Rojo or Blind at left back. Be interesting whether Rojo would have cemented his position as CB (imo his best position). If Rio, Vidic, Evra and Giggs had not stopped playing at United, it may have been so very different.

You give Jose too much leeway. For LVG's list add Bailly, Mhiki, Lindelof, Lukaku. None of these have yet become trusted first team players. Zlatan will become a bit part player leaving Pogba and Matic.
You have almost convinced me except 1 thing. Manager (at Utd anyway) is responsible for players recruitment. Having recruited his long list of desired players, how many did start under him? We know Falcao was risky but releasing all speedy strikers and leaving with Rooney as the sole striker, he put himself into a corner. For all the MF that he recruited, why didn't he go for Kante instead of Schneiderlin, both are French; and why didn't he recruit the other German player Kroos? Playing Blind (and Rojo) as CB simply exposed our height, and we got punished by Westham. I don't have issue with his tactics, although some slam it for too boring, but I rate him on result. When you have 2 seasons and large budget, there is no excuse for making school boy error. LVG is simply too old for the job.

Tincanalley

You are probably right but he is the only person I know that is in the direct line to question really.
Actually let me revise my remarks; it is difficult to see anyone on that board -
http://ir.manutd.com/corporate-governance/board-of-directors.aspx
- with what you might call a British or even European football pedigree, seems to me. If you click on the names you read the CV's. Why would any of those lot care about the classy treatment of individuals such as Louis Van Gaal or Rio Ferdinand, or whoever? Marketing, business, family allegiance, yes. Football?

Home&Away

Actually let me revise my remarks; it is difficult to see anyone on that board -
http://ir.manutd.com/corporate-governance/board-of-directors.aspx
- with what you might call a British or even European football pedigree, seems to me. If you click on the names you read the CV's. Why would any of those lot care about the classy treatment of individuals such as Louis Van Gaal or Rio Ferdinand, or whoever? Marketing, business, family allegiance, yes. Football?
Ditto. Some people maybe more than willing to feed off the crusts that some of these guys offer & the worst thing is it's not going to be any different under Jose.

When things get a bit harder or when the board think his time is done; the players, ex players, the media, the board themselves will let Jose out to rot to make it seem like he is the odd one out & he is causing the turmoil around him as well as trying to convince us that infact the board are on the fans side of the fence in wanting to see a better United.

I mean for sometime we have been hearing of moles to the media and some really trashy stuff.

I really don't know how to describe it because I'm not a business man myself but it feels like United is split in to a bigger multi organisation; I know this is how its always been but it had an element of control revolving around its primary concern which was football.

Seveneric

Honestly, he's such an idiot. I remember in 2014, after he took Holland the the WC SF, the hype around here, in particular, and excitement was beyond anyone's imagination. He ended up failing so bad and just doesn't shut it his fat mouth.
I remember the cringey "OranjeCafe" header nonsense. Good Lord :lol:

GiddyUp

LvG, and David Moyes have every right to feel bitter about the way they were treated by United. I don't know how anybody can argue different

Whether they deserved to be sacked is neither here nor there.
Van Gaal yes but Moyes was his own worst enemy. I felt with Moyes that it was always him against the club. Instead of taking on the challenge of managing Manchester United he tried to pull the club down to his comfort zone. We have also seen enough of him now to form a valid opinion of his obnoxious cuntery.
Van Gaal is a huge name in European football and was the right appointment at the time. Like Bayern and Barca this was a medicine we had to take by allowing him to come in and do the ugly business. There were a lot of positives during his two seasons and although the football was shit we had some memorable moments. Unfortunately for him it was inevitable that if Mourinho was available we would be making the change.
I think we are on the right path now and will always have a soft spot for Louis no matter what he says but Moyes was just cringeworthy from the moment he signed until forever.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Maybe he can take over City once Pep has his standard third season breakdown?
Absolutely bizarre thing to attribute to Pep. Especially coming from the supporter of a Mourinho-managed club, I guess this can be classified as a textbook case of projection.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He went from "next year we go for it!" to this :(

He was poorly handled and I don't much have an issue with him wanting to take a club for that reason. It's not a slight on the fans or anything but rather his way to show Ed Woodward he's (apparently) wrong.

Fair play to him but Woody was right to strike for Mourinho when he became available. It's just the way he went about it wasn't very nice.

Ban

Absolutely bizarre thing to attribute to Pep. Especially coming from the supporter of a Mourinho-managed club, I guess this can be classified as a textbook case of projection.
Attention! Attention!
There has been a post criticizing Pep.
Is there someone at the call centre to respond right away?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
LVG can moan all he likes. United were more then patient. United made the right decision. LVG as a manager was diabolical. He played a system and a way designed for players we didn't have and he did it in games and against teams we should have beat easy. So he can moan all he likes. We are not stupid. There were some games - MANY ..where we barely managed a shot on goal in 45+ minutes. You can't always blame teams sitting back etc. The fact he couldn't see that...is beyond the pale. Winning the FA was nice BUT the reality is the club knew that Jose was a far better option, a far better fit AND he will give us good years.

Home&Away

LVG can moan all he likes. United were more then patient. United made the right decision. LVG as a manager was diabolical. He played a system and a way designed for players we didn't have and he did it in games and against teams we should have beat easy. So he can moan all he likes. We are not stupid. There were some games - MANY ..where we barely managed a shot on goal in 45+ minutes. You can't always blame teams sitting back etc. The fact he couldn't see that...is beyond the pale. Winning the FA was nice BUT the reality is the club knew that Jose was a far better option, a far better fit AND he will give us good years.
Again - LVG is talking about how he got sacked & not if he deserved to be sacked.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Again - LVG is talking about how he got sacked & not if he deserved to be sacked.
He's spent the majority of his life as a player and manager trainer/coach. He knows how it works at top clubs. If you can't do the job after two years and hundreds of millions invested then it's goodbye. He steadied the ship a bit after Moyes, but his brand of football was terrible and his results weren't good. Was it last we came in our CL group the year he managed to get us in? I can't remember it as I've tried to forget that he was here.

He should just shut up. He had the good will of fans by keeping quiet (and the FA Cup). All gone now.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Basically the club saves money by waiting for it to be mathematically impossible to get Champion's League before sacking someone, assuming they have such a clause in their contract. To indicate they were for the chop before that would be tantamount to wrongful dismissal and would cost the club momney. And to undermine him in FA Cup week wouldn't be that smart either.

Basically he got paid shedloads and those were the rules. Boo hoo.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Bailly, Mhiki, Lindelof, Lukaku. None of these have yet become trusted first team players.
Bailly and Lukaku are absolutely first choice (and trusted). The first is just injured. Lindelof is adapting to the league and Pogba and Matic play every game when available. Mourinho's record has one blight on it so far and that's Mkhitaryan.

Home&Away

He's spent the majority of his life as a player and manager trainer/coach. He knows how it works at top clubs. If you can't do the job after two years and hundreds of millions invested then it's goodbye. He steadied the ship a bit after Moyes, but his brand of football was terrible and his results weren't good. Was it last we came in our CL group the year he managed to get us in? I can't remember it as I've tried to forget that he was here.

He should just shut up. He had the good will of fans by keeping quiet (and the FA Cup). All gone now.
Meh. He won a cup give him a day to celebrate. No class from the club - don't delude yourself in to thinking that's like suddenly a normal think to do.

Home&Away

We are struggling for 4th place in the league, out of the Champions League, back to the Europa and technically out of the FA Cup.
Aye & apparently City are just having " one of those seasons" that won't happen ever again. That's wishful thinking even though it is not what I was trying to point out.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Meh. He won a cup give him a day to celebrate. No class from the club - don't delude yourself in to thinking that's like suddenly a normal think to do.
It could have been handled better with the leaks, but it was the right move. It's one of those things that happens in football, LvG knows the deal.

Home&Away

It could have been handled better with the leaks, but it was the right move. It's one of those things that happens in football, LvG knows the deal.
That's what u was saying - LVG isn't trying to back himself by saying he should have kept the job; he wanted it handled better & describes it as a public execution.

Then theres people here talking about his pig face & how he deserved to go without actually reading anything.

BTW - It doesn't happen in football not after a damn Cup final; that's just a blindfolded opinion

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
That's what u was saying - LVG isn't trying to back himself by saying he should have kept the job; he wanted it handled better & describes it as a public execution.

Then theres people here talking about his pig face & how he deserved to go without actually reading anything.

BTW - It doesn't happen in football not after a damn Cup final; that's just a blindfolded opinion
I disagree, it's the nature of the job in today's mega-clubs. Just ask Conte at the start of this season. Won the league last year and faced questions about resignation, leaks, and all that. LvG isn't immune to the behemoth of public relations. It's not like Woodward told the papers he was being sacked the day of the cup final. It just leaked. It happens.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I hope he gets a top job in England, preferably City :)
I know you're joking but City CEO Soriano told anyone who would listen that LVG was a poor Manager.
It's in his book and in a lecture he made which is on You Tube. They predate United's appointment of Aloysius.

Home&Away

I disagree, it's the nature of the job in today's mega-clubs. Just ask Conte at the start of this season. Won the league last year and faced questions about resignation, leaks, and all that. LvG isn't immune to the behemoth of public relations. It's not like Woodward told the papers he was being sacked the day of the cup final. It just leaked. It happens.
I don't know why you bring conte in to it when he got asked this questions like 2 months after winning the league. The leaks came out either from our hierarchy or the photocopier guy - I got a gut feeling I know who it was.

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that things just happen and that's the present climate of football. It wasnt a normal thing to do, something I have hardly seen in football & for a club the size of United it was a pretty appealing thing to do. However people have varying understanding of things like dignity & class so it's kind of a moot point discussing about what I regard to be a shameful act.

PS: Mods should change this thread title to : Van Gaal Slams United for how he sacked him