Van Persie: I want to stay

Empire

I don't understand, before he was saying everybody wants to sign for United and we won't have problems getting players. But now he is saying we will struggle to get our transfer targets, why is this?

Why doesn't he start trying to sign players now, get the deals done before the world cup. If a player has a bad world cup then I doubt his value will decline however if he has a very good world cup then it is possible it will increase, therefore, the focus should be on identifying the players potentially available and going in or them. It's not like he is playing for anything so surely the time is there?

E.g.

Would Marco Reus be interested in listening to an offer? His agent will tell us, negotiate with Dortmund if so, move on if not. If they are willing to sell for a figure United are willing to pay then move in, if they are not going to sell then move on.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I don't understand, before he was saying everybody wants to sign for United and we won't have problems getting players. But now he is saying we will struggle to get our transfer targets, why is this?

Why doesn't he start trying to sign players now, get the deals done before the world cup. If a player has a bad world cup then I doubt his value will decline however if he has a very good world cup then it is possible it will increase, therefore, the focus should be on identifying the players potentially available and going in or them. It's not like he is playing for anything so surely the time is there?

E.g.

Would Marco Reus be interested in listening to an offer? His agent will tell us, negotiate with Dortmund if so, move on if not. If they are willing to sell for a figure United are willing to pay then move in, if they are not going to sell then move on.
I saw the press clip footage on mutv and it didn't appear as negative as it does when simply reading it on black and white paper, he actually came across quite emphatic that his plans are well underway, not really a hint of negativity in his voice, I think that might be a reoccuring problem actually, some of these bizarre negative quotes made over the season by him, his demeanour when actually watching him isn't actually negative, it just reads terribly on paper.

Amadinho is the goat
Scout
You don't think the medical staff are employees of the club?
Who could think otherwise?

You don't think the medical staff are employees of the club?
Its not like the entire medical staff went there. Why ask an injured player to come fly over for a routine check up for a day and then fly back when a couple of people can go over.
I wouldn't like to see players thinking they are bigger than the club. It's a short enough flight whichever way round it is, unless as I said the injury is worse than we've been told.

Empire

I saw the press clip footage on mutv and it didn't appear as negative as it does when simply reading it on black and white paper, he actually came across quite emphatic that his plans are well underway, not really a hint of negativity in his voice, I think that might be a reoccuring problem actually, some of these bizarre negative quotes made over the season by him, his demeanour when actually watching him isn't actually negative, it just reads terribly on paper.
Also it can be taken out of context on these forums and painted even more negative!

I wonder if he is confident of keeping his job then? I honestly think he is gone unless he can get 5th.

prateik

How does it have anything to do with being "bigger than the club"
You're reading too much into it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream