Van Persie: I want to stay

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He'll get his pay rise soon, everything will be put to bed. Whether he stays for the right reasons or not only he knows.

alastair

ignorant
I don't see what wumming has gone on in this thread.

Van Persie's comments must be positive on the whole, but referencing previous situations where such comments have been succeeded by departures regardless is a fair point to make, especially when the same player has done it before.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I don't see what wumming has gone on in this thread.

Van Persie's comments must be positive on the whole, but referencing previous situations where such comments have been succeeded by departures regardless is a fair point to make, especially when the same player has done it before.
I'm sorry but have you posted what he said anywhere in this thread?

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Nope, but if oppo fans want to win here hey need to be more subtle than you. The player, manager and mitten all said he's staying and you choose to post the word uncertain. I'm not debating with you, just giving you a heads up. It's not like we're short of dippers at the mo.
I haven't been wumming in this thread.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Extremely uncertain.

To thinks he will stay but is unsure.

:wenger:
You can listen to it yoursel if you want. He said he thinks the situation is uncertain, he's unsure if he'll be here next season and hand on heart he thinks he'll stay.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I haven't been wumming in this thread.
You're not helping yourself. If you are not wumming then maybe you don't have the necessary savvy to post in the United sections, like gasmanc said you took a the only possible negative and sensationalist view and posted it, unqualified.

gasmanc

Banned
You can listen to it yoursel if you want. He said he thinks the situation is uncertain, he's unsure if he'll be here next season and hand on heart he thinks he'll stay.
So you just added extremely on then :rolleyes:

Come on Barney it's a fair cop, head down and move on, oh and try a little more subtlety in other threads.

alastair

ignorant
Barney is going through the official Caf right of passage where Moses accuses you of being a wum when you're not.

Obviously, in my case, occasionally he's right.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
You're not helping yourself. If you are not wumming then maybe you don't have the necessary savvy to post in the United sections, like gasmanc said you took a the only possible negative and sensationalist view and posted it, unqualified.
Mitten said the following:

• He was asked to do the interview by United to calm rumours that VP was unhappy.
  • VP has been unhappy at times this year
  • The players think he's the best at the club, but think he should be doing more
  • "If you asked me will he be at the club at the start of next season that's a really hard question to answer."
  • Jokingly says yes, then says he's uncertain due to issues between him and the club
  • RvP is unhappy about Ferguson retiring
  • Wants to be the main man

gasmanc

Banned
We're all uncertain where our players will be next season, you should have a very good qualification in this already Barney (and you Al), as for extremely uncertain well no, judging by Mittens comments you just made a bit up there for your own agenda, if it's not wumming then Christ knows what it is.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
:lol:
Why on earth are the Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea blokes getting so worked up about this?

Makes you feel like RvP is actually Ronaldo in disguise, and that only opposition fans can see it, and that when we unknowingly let him go in summer they'd all come together and celebrate victory at the prospect of us finally realizing the magnitude of our mistake and despairing in it.

And now that their dreams of redemption and revenge have crumbled in the aftermath of RvP's loyalty declaring interview, they're losing it and are WUMming all over the place.

Fecking hell.:lol:

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
We're all uncertain where our players will be next season, you should have a very good qualification in this already Barney (and you Al), as for extremely uncertain well no, judging by Mittens comments you just made a bit up there for your own agenda, if it's not wumming then Christ knows what it is.
I think you need to look up the definition of uncertain.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Since when does "Hand on heart, I think he'll stay" translate to "I'm extremely uncertain he'll stay"?

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I think you need to look up the definition of uncertain.
I agree with Moses. You're trying to make a given fact into something trivial, that can be left to interpretation. You might not believe it, but Van Persie is happy here.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
Since when does "Hand on heart, I think he'll stay" translate to "I'm extremely uncertain he'll stay"?
Those were not exact quotes. And I should have been clear, he said it in a joking tone. The latter post with bullet points is a much more precise summary.

Barney

Supports
Liverpool
I agree with Moses. You're trying to make a given fact into something trivial, that can be left to interpretation. You might not believe it, but Van Persie is happy here.
See, that's one thing Mitten did make very clear, he said for chunks of the season Van Persie has been unhappy.

This isn't my opinion, it's Mitten's.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Those were not exact quotes. And I should have been clear, he said it in a joking tone. The latter post with bullet points is a much more precise summary.
Listen to the first 15 seconds, and tell me that's not a man who's assured of one of his players future.

alastair

ignorant
Why are you so sure?

I get that a journalist might just make something up but this has been all over every paper. That normally means there's something in it.

Of course, this might be an occasion where he's just genuinely happy. Everything points to the opposite being true though.

gasmanc

Banned
:lol:
Why on earth are the Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea blokes getting so worked up about this?

Makes you feel like RvP is actually Ronaldo in disguise, and that only opposition fans can see it, and that when we unknowingly let him go in summer they'd all come together and celebrate victory at the prospect of us finally realizing the magnitude of our mistake and despairing in it.

And now that their dreams of redemption and revenge have crumbled in the aftermath of RvP's loyalty declaring interview, they're losing it and are WUMming all over the place.

Fecking hell.:lol:
Fair play to Arse and Chelsea, they will have probably held some hope RVP would be in line to solve their striking problems, although now he's pledged his future to United he will clearly be too old or too expensive and they didn't want anyway. Liverpool fans well................

gasmanc

Banned
I can't imagine a player Arsenal fans would want less than Van Persie.

He's gone now. We're just about over it.
Bollox, you were all over it like a rash when news broke that Asrene had allegedly been in contact with his agent :lol:

Should be a wee tear there somewhere Al, with him banging goals in for you this year you would likely be out of sight.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We're only over it because we're ahead of you.
You're not even consoling yourself properly, mate. Is a 7th placed United, going through their worst season in two decades, a benchmark for you in a season when you thought you could challenge for the title?

Accept it, with RvP, you would have been winning the league, and would probably have given Bayern a good run for their money, too.

alastair

ignorant
You're not even consoling yourself properly, mate. Is a 7th placed United, going through their worst season in two decades, a benchmark for you in a season when you thought you could challenge for the title?

Accept it, with RvP, you would have been winning the league, and would probably have given Bayern a good run for their money, too.
I don't think we would have been winning the league - there are other issues.

I'm not engaging in a multi-faceted debate here.

Essentially, the pain has subsided because he's not leading you to the title any more. Simple as that.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Stop giving Al the oxygen of oxygen.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
You would have been in a hell of a lot better position with RVP. For starters, I don't think you would have lost to us at OT and possible would have even won against Chelsea/United at home. Those extra 4-6 points are huge in such a close title race. Giourd lacks that edge to be the difference in tight games. You actually don't have any player who can give you that edge right now which Cesc or RVP could earlier. Ozil may in time but hasn't this season.

gasmanc

Banned
Arsenal always have their share on the injury front in any recent season but if you want to point at one single shortcoming that's been more costly in the league this year it would be the strikeforce of one man who isn't really a pure goalscorer.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Pretty much every poster on the Caf wums at some point, opposition fan or not. It's clear to me you weren't wumming on this occasion but opinions, eh?
Don't be silly, very little is clear to you. You shouldn't be allowed in the United forums so you definitely shouldn't be trying to mod them.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Mitten said the following:

• He was asked to do the interview by United to calm rumours that VP was unhappy.
  • VP has been unhappy at times this year
  • The players think he's the best at the club, but think he should be doing more
  • "If you asked me will he be at the club at the start of next season that's a really hard question to answer."
  • Jokingly says yes, then says he's uncertain due to issues between him and the club
  • RvP is unhappy about Ferguson retiring
  • Wants to be the main man
I told you this wasn't a debate, and that I was giving you a heads up. Find another thread, and step lightly.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Listen to the first 15 seconds, and tell me that's not a man who's assured of one of his players future.
Using this as proof that RVP is staying isn't exactly definitive. Managers have mastered the art of lying or hiding the truth in press conferences.

Anyway, I think Barney shouldn't have tried to paraphrase Mitten's words initially but why is everyone ignoring his bullet point post? Mitten knows stuff at the club.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Using this as proof that RVP is staying isn't exactly definitive. Managers have mastered the art of lying or hiding the truth in press conferences.

Anyway, I think Barney shouldn't have tried to paraphrase Mitten's words initially but why is everyone ignoring his bullet point post? Mitten knows stuff at the club.
Mitten is a journalist. And one that said hand on heart he thought RVP would be be next year. That on top of statements bythe player and manager and Barney's take on that was that his future was extremely uncertain. His whole post was basically those two words. Like I said if it was a genuine mistake then he should leave the boards and apply for a job at the Sun, he's a natural.

We have more oppo fans here lately, and not all of them will have what it takes to post successfully on an opposition forum.