VAR and Refs | General Discussion

lex talionis

We all understood that in the old days referees would get it wrong from time to time. We're all human, we all make mistakes. But VAR referees get it wrong so often boggles the mind.

The handball by that boro player against us last year...truly epic idiocy by whoever was in the VAR booth that day.

redshaw

VAR is fecking shit. Maybe with smarter people using it, it would work but we've got morons using it so it's crap.

You get just as many stupid decisions from the officials but now with the extra failure of no longer being able to celebrate a goal properly for fear they'll find someones toenail was offside in the build up to it.
What still irks me is when we had a goal ruled out against Spurs when the tip of McTominay's finger glanced the side of Son's face in the build up when Son tried to pressure him. Son went down feigning injury like the sack of shit he is. VAR was looking for the slightest of contact to find fault in a goal.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another stonewall penalty not given. And this referee is absolutely shit too! Books Fred for one of the softest fouls ever. Nico Williams gets a talking to for pulling back.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
On what planet is it not a penalty when you don’t get any of the ball and boot the opposition instead, tripping them up?

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
What exactly is the point of VAR if they don't use it.

acnumber9

What is it being used for? What actually has to happen for them to intervene bar a toenail offside?

cyberman

I say it every week. We just don’t get 50/50 calls anymore but clear penalties. It’s absurd, we need some sort of explanation

Djemba-Djemba

I knew the second the Bruno goal was allowed vs City , which was completely legal with the rules, we'd get absolutely feck all for the rest of the season and so it's proved.

How the feck is that not a pen?

PoTMS

Ten Hag needs to start speaking out about these decisions. Take the fine and put pressure on these God awful refs. Maybe it'll reverse the tide created by Lampard and Klopp.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can’t wait for the explanation on this one. It’s going to be something like “we determined it did not hit the defenders hand therefore no handball and no penalty”.

cyberman

I knew the second the Bruno goal was allowed vs City , which was completely legal with the rules, we'd get absolutely feck all for the rest of the season and so it's proved.

We were getting fecked by VAR long before that.

kidbob

Where are all the opposition fans now? Thats at least 3 decisions since the City game and none of you have said jack shit. Just fecking typical when it comes to your hypocrisy.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
After they didn’t check the obvious foul on wout I thought there must be no VAR then it popped up to check on some handbags off the ball

90 + 5min

VAR is just highlightning how we have and still are treated for a long time. Now it is for everyone to see.

Ace

Absolutely horrible and the implementation/interpretations have gotten worse and more subjective over time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's been about 3 or 4 of these since City.
Yet ABU morons will still say each individual incident is payback for City!

How anyone couldn't see that goon defender just swipe through our man totally missing the ball, I do not know.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Honestly we need to pressure the refs in the media. That outrage over United getting an actual correct decision has fecked us over in every game since that City game. This is fecked.

cyberman

We were but it's been fecking absurd since that City game.

Every game bar the first leg we've had some outrageously bad decision go against us.
I dunno. The Sancho pen and disallowed Ronaldo goal v Newcastle is as bad as this. The Villa free kick is worse than any of this

edit Martinez pen in El as well.

southlegend

AWB needs to learn the skill of influencing the ref. Man takes way too much crap without complaining.

El Zoido

Been getting screwed long before the City game. We get one marginal decison in our favour in a game and the media talk about it for two weeks. A multitude of shockers go against us and crickets. Always the same story, it’s so fecking tiring.

Shinjch

Some of the decisions are just total madness. I don't know how that can be justified in any way