Varchester City 18/19 discussion

Thunderhead

Supports
City
We fund transfers via buy legitimately earned income. You are funded via an oil state. There is no way Pep could have spent what he has if Mansour had been unwilling to prop up the club. City & PSG are run differently to all other clubs. City are well run due to the business model they have. This business model won't work at any other club as they are not owned by a state. It's highly unlikely that private investors will put over £3 Bill into a business which is still not profitable after a decade.
plenty of companies have private investors throwing money in to companies to have never made a profit, often it's due to purposeful reinvestment, City sold 13% of the business for £275m a couple of years ago and I can see another chunk being sold in the next few years

SER19

The diving is insane. Was rampant last season but not relevant as they were beating most teams comfortably anyway, but games like today hang on decisions. It was a trademark of guardiolas Barca so no surprise but today was exhibition stuff

TheReligion

Abusive
So is the Sane, Sterling, Mahrez predicament a blessing or could it develop into a bit of a nightmare?

Great having a good bench but when they all cost £50+m I think it will be hard to keep them all happy.

Schneckerl

They had few games like that last year, but ended up scoring the last second winner everytime.

marktan

They'll still challenge pretty easily with draws like this. Unless Liverpool go on a crazy run.

Must be nice though having players like Mahrez and Sane on the bench.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
They draw yes.

But they played attacking football;hit the woodwork thrice;had a game plan.

What bothers me about United is not that we lost;it is the lack of game plan;cohesion;sitting back and allowing even lesser oppositions dominate games.

marktan

Given how much they've spent on it City's defense looks quite average
I think Mendy actually makes it worse. He's a good attacker, but they're more balanced with Delph in there. Walker and Mendy both are better attackers than defenders, against teams like Wolves that have wide attackers that can dribble it leaves them very open.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The diving is insane. Was rampant last season but not relevant as they were beating most teams comfortably anyway, but games like today hang on decisions. It was a trademark of guardiolas Barca so no surprise but today was exhibition stuff
Yup the game today hung on a clear peno not given and a goal that was both handball and offside, I'm sure Wolves will be sending Atkinson a nice christmas card as a thanks.

SER19

Yup the game today hung on a clear peno not given and a goal that was both handball and offside, I'm sure Wolves will be sending Atkinson a nice christmas card as a thanks.
Yeah as I said, tight games hang on decisions. Seeing city dive so often so unashamedly is infuriating, quite different to bad refereeing or mistakes in my opinion.

Ekeke

I think Mendy actually makes it worse. He's a good attacker, but they're more balanced with Delph in there. Walker and Mendy both are better attackers than defenders, against teams like Wolves that have wide attackers that can dribble it leaves them very open.
True I think the fullbacks are about attack. At CB Kompany and Laporte were troubled today. Obviously City have other options there.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
Another clear reason as to why VAR is needed. City will feel hard done but they should have done more.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah as I said, tight games hang on decisions. Seeing city dive so often so unashamedly is infuriating, quite different to bad refereeing or mistakes in my opinion.
We dive no more or no less than other teams, that said Aguero certainly should have been booked today for his dive.

Sterling's for the equaliser was a similar type of incident to the Fellaini one for your peno vs Brighton, he knew the contact was coming and took the foul as opposed to diving (not nice thing to do, but it was a foul.)

SER19

Point away at wolves this year will be proven to be a good result

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They'll still challenge pretty easily with draws like this. Unless Liverpool go on a crazy run.

Must be nice though having players like Mahrez and Sane on the bench.
Still can't believe we gave City a free run at Mahrez, he would have been a huge asset to us down that right flank.

SER19

We dive no more or no less than other teams, that said Aguero certainly should have been booked today for his dive.

Sterling's for the equaliser was a similar type of incident to the Fellaini one for your peno vs Brighton, he knew the contact was coming and took the foul as opposed to diving (not nice thing to do, but it was a foul.)
I tend to disagree, I feel city dive theatrically quite a bit - and really shocking not to see yellow for Aguero. Don’t have huge issue with some that draw contact etc, the greyer ones. Plunges like that, Jesus v united last season more than once. Creeping into city more and more

padr81

Supports
Man City
Still can't believe we gave City a free run at Mahrez, he would have been a huge asset to us down that right flank.
Think he'd be immense for you. Mahrez and Sanchez (if he ever picks up) cutting inside would be scary, plus he's got great delivery for Lukaku. Big upgrade on Mata.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I tend to disagree, I feel city dive theatrically quite a bit - and really shocking not to see yellow for Aguero. Don’t have huge issue with some that draw contact etc, the greyer ones. Plunges like that, Jesus v united last season more than once. Creeping into city more and more
I've give you Jesus actually, he infuriates me at times. He looks to initiate contact and turns into fouls a lot instead of trying to get away from them, even when keeping his feet is sometimes the better option.

That said that's a trait in most young players these days and probably coached into them.

Green_Red

They draw yes.

But they played attacking football;hit the woodwork thrice;had a game plan.

What bothers me about United is not that we lost;it is the lack of game plan;cohesion;sitting back and allowing even lesser oppositions dominate games.
This is a man city thread

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Sterling and Aguero are cnuts, absolute diving cnuts. They should get youngy and alli and jump of a brdidge, it s a disgrace
Yes because a game of football in which players dive means they deserve to die from committing suicide off a bridge. Shut the hell up. What a ridiculous post.

Judas

Open to offers
So is the Sane, Sterling, Mahrez predicament a blessing or could it develop into a bit of a nightmare?

Great having a good bench but when they all cost £50+m I think it will be hard to keep them all happy.
Not sure it'll be a nightmare, but I can't see them all being there this time next season, all too good to not be starting every week. Its bound to happen when you have squad depth of that level, they're too good to be happy to play second fiddle.

AshRK

Why would they, didn't lose and wolves scored with an offside handball, performance was sloppy but nothing to go overboard on
Pep not starting sane for 3 matches also would hardly get a mention. Imagine Jose doing the same.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I love bluemoon when they dont win. The entitlement, arrogance and whinging is through the roof

Always the ref, or anti football against them. suck it up buttecups

TheReligion

Abusive
Not sure it'll be a nightmare, but I can't see them all being there this time next season, all too good to not be starting every week. Its bound to happen when you have squad depth of that level, they're too good to be happy to play second fiddle.
Yeah agreed. I think it was different with United as we had a number of top players from within but when you're bringing in subs who cost over £50m you can't expect them to be happy sat on the bench.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Aguero is one of the most snide, dirty bastards i have watched. He is criminal for it

deafepl

I reckon City is going to have Real Madrid treatment soon, Real Madrid's bench went from Morata, James, Bale, Kovacic, in 206/17 to Júnior, Vázquez, Mayoral, etc now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yes because a game of football in which players dive means they deserve to die from committing suicide off a bridge. Shut the hell up. What a ridiculous post.
The lucky feckers would only land on a conveniently placed bouncy castle anyway so that that clearly wouldn't work.

What do you think would be a suitable punishment for these serial divers?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep still got his ribbon on.

Thought the FA were sorting it!
He can only be banned for wearing it during the matches and on the bench, can do what he likes before or afterwards.

SER19

The lucky feckers would only land on a conveniently placed bouncy castle anyway so that that clearly wouldn't work.

What do you think would be a suitable punishment for these serial divers?
I can’t believe for all the shouting about it, retrospective bans are given for ones like Aguero today. 3 matches no question

Judas

Open to offers
Agüero being a massive diving dirty bugger has gone under the radar the entire time he's been in England, probably because he's so bloody talented.

Revan

Assumptionman
They hit the bar/post 3 times, they'll be fine. Good to see them not winning though, was very sure that Kun was going to score. The earlier they lose the invincible mentality, the more chances the other teams will have.

Now go and destroy Spurs.