Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollholken

Congrats to Vic winning footballer of the year in Sweden. Think he was ok against city. Sure, he failed on the second goal, but it would be unrealistic to not expect that any defender in the world at times will be beaten in challenges against top players such as Aguero and Ronaldo. From a personal perspective I don't agree that Lindelof is not good enough to play for us. He has showed real signs of potential in recent games and in the WC. I do think that he can come good if he becomes more assertive and confident (signs which he has shown in the latest games), if he would play alongside someone as Skriniar or Koulibaly, getting necessary help from the midfield (that at a current exposes our defence) and possibly if we would play higher up the pitch and not fall extremely deep at all times. Sincerely hope that he can prove some of the vultures on the caf wrong.

Raven

Congrats to Vic winning footballer of the year in Sweden. Think he was ok against city. Sure, he failed on the second goal, but it would be unrealistic to not expect that any defender in the world at times will be beaten in challenges against top players such as Aguero and Ronaldo. From a personal perspective I don't agree that Lindelof is not good enough to play for us. He has showed real signs of potential in recent games and in the WC. I do think that he can come good if he becomes more assertive and confident (signs which he has shown in the latest games), if he would play alongside someone as Skriniar or Koulibaly, getting necessary help from the midfield (that at a current exposes our defence) and possibly if we would play higher up the pitch and not fall extremely deep at all times. Sincerely hope that he can prove some of the vultures on the caf wrong.
I'm blue in the face from saying it, some of the posters on here are children. Lindelof has been our best defender for a month or more. People seem to form their opinions on their pre conceived notions and only come out of the woodwork off the back of a horror performance from the entire team. It's pathetic.

klsv

Nothing serious he felt tired because he had cold...
Isn't this Andersson saying something about him holding his thigh and not being able to run?

– Han tog sig mot baksida lår och kände sig inte helt bekväm, det var någon gång han skulle löpa men valde att inte göra det. Jag vet inte vad som har hänt men det ser inte helt bra ut

Inappropriate meme image
I'm blue in the face from saying it, some of the posters on here are children. Lindelof has been our best defender for a month or more. People seem to form their opinions on their pre conceived notions and only come out of the woodwork off the back of a horror performance from the entire team. It's pathetic.

SATA

Hopefully this means Bailly has the chance to come back into the fold. I know it's the Lindelof thread, but i firmly believe a Bailly and Smalling partnership is the way to achieving something for this season

Smalling because he's performed better other than 2 matches
Agree,and that's hardly saying Smalling himself has been particularly good.

Look we're 8th with one of the poorest defences in the PL this season and not one CB has come out of a game this season looking anything but average.

Ekeke

Agree,and that's hardly saying Smalling himself has been particularly good.

Look we're 8th with one of the poorest defences in the PL this season and not one CB has come out of a game this season looking anything but average.
Yeah agreed by Smalling's own standards he's had a dip recently. And he's not having his best ever season. Probably his 2nd best last season, with 1st during LVG's time.

Yeah agreed by Smalling's own standards he's had a dip recently. And he's not having his best ever season. Probably his 2nd best last season, with 1st during LVG's time.
Yep would also agree with this.

As this is a Lindelof player performance thread I will say something which I said a fair amount last season during the end of the campaign.
Why exactly did we buy him ?
Couldn't we have just given Axel more gametime ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

As this is a Lindelof player performance thread I will say something which I said a fair amount last season during the end of the campaign.
Do Lindelof's performances of late suggest we should have given Axel more gametime?

Ekeke

Well to be fair he has experience in the champions league. Our scouts must have liked what they saw. The small amount I saw I didnt think he was that amazing. Statistically he was pretty much the same as his current form. Benfica got to the quarter finals in 15/16 losing to Bayern. And final 8 in 16/17 they went out to Dortmund. Both times they came 2nd in a fairly easy group. So is it anything amazing? Not to me. But thats still quite a lot more experience than Axel.

I think we obviously thought he was a lot better than he is and that he wouldnt have a really poor start to 2 seasons back to back. But again statistically his performances in the champions league those 2 seasons werent much different to now.

Do Lindelof's performances of late suggest we should have given Axel more gametime?
For me,yes.
I'm not seeing anything of note regarding Lindelof at present.He has of yet showed a particular quality in his all-round game.

Another question I should've put across on my previous post is,as we all know Jose is looking for a more experienced/mature CB , why didn't we sign one instead of Lindelof ?
On one hand we have a young talented CB in Axel who I believe has just ,or arguably if not more, ability than the Swede.And on the other we clearly have a manager who's on the lookout for a far more experience,influential figure for the back four.

I just dont get the signing of Lindelof,especially when we're still keeping the likes of Jones and Rojo round the first 11.

Negan

If Jones comes back in, ESPECIALLY with Smalling, Shaw and Young beside him, that’s enough.

I refuse to get angry or even surprised if we lose cause we’re just asking for it.

cheeky_backheel

For me,yes.
I'm not seeing anything of note regarding Lindelof at present.He has of yet showed a particular quality in his all-round game.

Another question I should've put across on my previous post is,as we all know Jose is looking for a more experienced/mature CB , why didn't we sign one instead of Lindelof ?
On one hand we have a young talented CB in Axel who I believe has just ,or arguably if not more, ability than the Swede.And on the other we clearly have a manager who's on the lookout for a far more experience,influential figure for the back four.

I just dont get the signing of Lindelof,especially when we're still keeping the likes of Jones and Rojo round the first 11.
If that was true of Axel, he wouldnt be on loan at a championship side with the previous manager relegating him to RB. Mourinho has granted starts to young defenders like Varane, Santon and Zouma. It Axel was good enough, he would be with the first team. Axel is not ready and needs regular playing time which he is getting. Lets wait and see how he develops.

The likely reason we haven't signed a more experienced and/or quality CB is cos those often cost more and are either out of our budget or we dont see the cost v value.

We cant sell rojo and jones cos they are overpaid for their level of quality

simmee

First half an hour against Russia and he has been absolutely brilliant. Class above the rest.

simpandenstore

For the ones who think Lindelöf is a bad ballplaying cb, please watch the game againts russia today.. several times he plays the ball forward with precision. Just watch it if you dont belive be.

simmee

And now he scored as well. Dominating perfomance so far. Agressive in his interceptions and has dribbled forward on multipel occasions. Anyone doubting his potential should watch his first half versus Russia.

Rajma

Been very good, you have to question our way of playing and tactics when so many of our players look so much more potent for their national teams.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Decked two Russians in the process :lol: He seems totally changed man from the previous shell shocked version of his. Noticed him comfortable with the ball and commanding when defending for us. Juve at home was the breakthrough for me.

Trollholken

Dominant first-half performance against russia. Scored and has really shown his ball-playing ability

Jivlarihe

There has rightfully been lots of doubts concearning Lindelöfs potential. However, he has consistantly been putting out performances of pure class in sweden national team, and his first half vs russia is just outstandingly good. Winning every singel duel, being aggressiv and phenomenal brining the ball forward.

If he can bring this confidence onto the premier leagur pitch we will have a class CB for years to come.

Been very good, you have to question our way of playing and tactics when so many of our players look so much more potent for their national teams.
In a nutshell.
I've criticised Lindelof consistently on here because I've rarely seen anything remotely special from him in a United top but if he's doing well for his home nation,like many of our players seem to be doing lately,then the obvious questions need to be asked again of our management or it could all just boil down to the fact the nationional teams in which these players are performing against aren't all that.

James Peril

And now he scored as well. Dominating perfomance so far. Agressive in his interceptions and has dribbled forward on multipel occasions. Anyone doubting his potential should watch his first half versus Russia.
Russia are absolutely woeful and playing with a B-side, so I wouldn’t make any of it. No Akinfeev, Fernandes, Dzagoev, Golovin, Kororin and Cherysev.... in fact, did any one the players starting today play during the World Cup? It’s easy to look good against crappy teams. Lindelöf plays in the Premier League, he won’t face a team like Russia B, and that’s all that matters. Even Marcus Berg looked great in the first half and he’s crap.

el3mel

Russia are absolutely woeful and playing with a B-side, so I wouldn’t make any of it. No Akinfeev, Fernandes, Dzagoev, Golovin, Kororin and Cherysev.... in fact, did any one the players starting today play during the World Cup? It’s easy to look good against crappy teams. Lindelöf plays in the Premier League, he won’t face a team like Russia B, and that’s all that matters. Even Marcus Berg looked great in the first half and he’s crap.
Lindelof has been doing pretty well for us for some good time now.

James Peril

In a nutshell.
I've criticised Lindelof consistently on here because I've rarely seen anything remotely special from him in a United top but if he's doing well for his home nation,like many of our players seem to be doing lately,then the obvious questions need to be asked again of our management.
He is playing against Dzyuba, Yerokhin, Poloz and Ionov today, that’s why he is doing well. Not Aguero, Salah, Aubameyang or Hazard. So let’s tone it down a tad..

Status
Not open for further replies.