Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redzombie

some players thrive on the pressures of playing for a big club and some dont, I feel sorry for the lad, he just looks completely out of his depth.

qubit

some players thrive on the pressures of playing for a big club and some dont, I feel sorry for the lad, he just looks completely out of his depth.
There is a difference between a big club and a toxic club. When all your signings fail, maybe you are not a big club but a toxic one?

Loublaze

ATLien
Ball playing CB he's not. Blind was 10 times the player this fecking joker is

AndyJ1985

You have to wonder what our scouts are thinking when they recommend dross like him.

MadMike

So physically weak for a CB in this league. The way Kane brushed him off for that free header at the edge of the 6-yard box was typical. The less said about the back pass to Dele the better.

Sylar

Im kinda surprised we played 3 at the back and he wasnt the one in the middle. But regardless of that, what is the difference in the Sweden team vs us.
Is it hes more comfortable? Does he have a more experienced player next to him leading him?

qubit

So physically weak for a CB in this league. The way Kane brushed him off for that free header at the edge of the 6-yard box was typical. The less said about the back pass to Dele the better.
This is the kind of attitude that is holding you back. Not being a good fit for the PL is a good thing. That is something Pep understands. You can reach a much higher level of football if you play a style that's not typical for the PL. The problem is you can't buy new modern players and then force them to play like you normally play in PL.

Leif GW

Im kinda surprised we played 3 at the back and he wasnt the one in the middle. But regardless of that, what is the difference in the Sweden team vs us.
Is it hes more comfortable? Does he have a more experienced player next to him leading him?
Granqvist, vocal leader and very experienced with many years in the Netherlands, England and Russia. 33 years old. Strong and big. Likes to command his defence. Essentially everything that no one on Man Utd is.

Sylar

Granqvist, vocal leader and very experienced with many years in the Netherlands, England and Russia. 33 years old. Strong and big. Likes to command his defence. Essentially everything that no one on Man Utd is.
Thanks, thats great to know.

See, this is why i have no issues with us buying Bailly and Lindelof. Two young CBs. But we clearly needed that next CB to help them as an experienced leader, which I dont think we have (Toby.A seems like he would have been the one to help us and take us into that direction).

automaticflare

Shocking player. Looks terrified every time he steps on the pitch.

I feel jones and bailly make mistakes because they are rash types but lindelof just looks lost

Ekeke

So he's had 2 terrible starts to the season in 2 seasons here.

I honestly dont see anything in him that suggests he'll ever be more than a squad player for us. If he has ambitions to be a starter it'll be best we send him away in Jan or next summer. Whether on loan or trying to get some of our money back.

Right now, even with the insane inflation in CB prices I'm not sure we'd get back what we paid for him. Thats a pretty crazy thought.

An Irish Red

This is the kind of attitude that is holding you back. Not being a good fit for the PL is a good thing. That is something Pep understands. You can reach a much higher level of football if you play a style that's not typical for the PL. The problem is you can't buy new modern players and then force them to play like you normally play in PL.
That's absolute nonsense from start to finish.

MAME DIOUF 32

I haven't even seen any evidence that he's a ball player yet. He looks marginally more confident in possession than the others but that's about it. Just get rid. I'd rather have Jonny Evans back tbh.

JMack1234

Looks totally out of his depth and a bag of nerves as soon as he steps onto the pitch. The fact we played Herrea in a back 3 instead of him tells you everything you need to know about how Jose views him.

RORY65

Loved watching him play at a higher level than the rest of our team when he got skinned by Glenn Murray for the first goal last week then having the vision to slip Alli in tonight and completely lose track of the best striker in the league from the resulting corner. Imagine thinking Guardiola would have anything to do with a player like this guy, he'd have been sold him in no time.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He's as much a ball player as De Gea's distribution is good. A myth. Apocryphal as can be.

Classical Mechanic

The only good thing about Lindelof are his champions that pop up in this thread. Not only do they seek to defend his honour but they try to promote him as a top player. They must be relatives, his girlfriend or part of his PR team.

Funny to claim he’s too good for the Premier League style when he’s hailed for his international appearances in which Sweden play Roy Hodgeson’s 1980s British style football. Stylistically almost as regressive as it gets for the football snobs.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He’s an apology of a player. His attempt at defending when Kane put his free header wide was laughable. Useless. He fits right in here.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This is why I get where Ed was coming from even though, for years, I've said we've needed better CBs like Maguire/van Dijk. José's two CB signings have been poor - why would Ed give him more money to buy another? José needs to get the best out of these two chaps.

Red_toad

This is why I get where Ed was coming from even though, for years, I've said we've needed better CBs like Maguire/van Dijk. José's two CB signings have been poor - why would Ed give him more money to buy another? José needs to get the best out of these two chaps.
I’ll never know how we didn’t go for Van Dijk when he was leaving Celtic. He was the best player in the SPL by a country mile and his talent was obvious. Can’t believe we’ve down graded from Vidic & Rio to a group of not that great individuals.
Only Shaw looking like he’s able to complete at a top level club thus far into the season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’ll never know how we didn’t go for Van Dijk when he was leaving Celtic. He was the best player in the SPL by a country mile and his talent was obvious. Can’t believe we’ve down graded from Vidic & Rio to a group of not that great individuals.
Only Shaw looking like he’s able to complete at a top level club thus far into the season.
Can't speak much about his time at Celtic but he was brilliant when I watched him at Southampton. Even then, I had him down as the leagues best CB. Still, a lot on here didn't want him either.

As for Shaw, José wanted to sell him. Maybe if José focuses on getting the best out of what he has (a lot of which were bought for him) we'd see some good stuff like from Shaw this season. As I and many others said, all he needed was a run in the team but, for whatever reason, José didn't give him one until he had to due to Young being unavailable and now has seemingly won his place with Young on the bench.

I don't and have never liked the look of Lindelof, but José asked for him and Ed got him. José needs to get something out of him now.

Festive Sandvich

Pep brought in dross like Nolito and Bravo. Should the board have rejected his signings of Mahrez and Ederson?

It happens, all managers buy players who on the face of it look like they should fit, but it doesn't work and you move on. Even players from the same league sometimes can't adapt.

I've never really been a fan of Victor, but I can see that he might have some attributes that the manager likes. But he can't piece it together because of the unforeseen way in which pressure at a big club affects some players. He's clearly not good enough, but this is hindsight.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pep brought in dross like Nolito and Bravo. Should the board have rejected his signings of Mahrez and Ederson?

It happens, all managers buy players who on the face of it look like they should fit, but it doesn't work and you move on. Even players from the same league sometimes can't adapt.

I've never really been a fan of Victor, but I can see that he might have some attributes that the manager likes. But he can't piece it together because of the unforeseen way in which pressure at a big club affects some players. He's clearly not good enough, but this is hindsight.
I think there's a difference. Mainly City's board knew that if they invested in Pep's ideas, they'd definitely win something and play some amazing football. Pep never fails in that regard. With us however, we got José everything he asked for bar Perisic last year and played some horrible stuff, didn't win anything, went out in Europe in embarrassing style, and didn't put up a title challenge. I can see why the board were reluctant to spend heavily again, but if they weren't going to back him, they should've sacked him I guess.

Also, for us, they happen to both play in the same position unlike City's two. That'd add to their reluctance in buying another CB if neither have turned out well so far.

Festive Sandvich

I think there's a difference. Mainly City's board knew that if they invested in Pep's ideas, they'd definitely win something and play some amazing football. Pep never fails in that regard. With us however, we got José everything he asked for bar Perisic last year and played some horrible stuff, didn't win anything, went out in Europe in embarrassing style, and didn't put up a title challenge. I can see why the board were reluctant to spend heavily again, but if they weren't going to back him, they should've sacked him I guess.

Also, for us, they happen to both play in the same position unlike City's two. That'd add to their reluctance in buying another CB if neither have turned out well so far.
I agree to some extent, even if Jose's style thus far is not what we want, we can't say we've seen its final state until he has the players he wants. He thought he wanted Lindelof, but actually didn't really on reflection and it shouldn't be held against him, every manager changes their mind on certain players, the board should've backed him and then he is truly accountable.

Also, people forget the football Jose's teams can play when they click, it's not tiki taka (which I don't like anyway) but it's not short of goals, that's for sure.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree to some extent, even if Jose's style thus far is not what we want, we can't say we've seen its final state until he has the players he wants. He thought he wanted Lindelof, but actually didn't really on reflection and it shouldn't be held against him, every manager changes their mind on certain players, the board should've backed him and then he is truly accountable.

Also, people forget the football Jose's teams can play when they click, it's not tiki taka (which I don't like anyway) but it's not short of goals, that's for sure.
I agree that José's capable of making great teams, but, in my opinion, we've played our best stuff under him in the first season. After showing good signs in the first season, he got everyone he asked for bar Perisic and our football somehow got worse. I just don't ever see it clicking here now.

Fracture90

Beyond his alleged ball playing skills, really don't see what Mourinho (scouting team) has seen in this guy, he's not quick, not strong, his positioning sense is way off and he looks shiit scared on the pitch.

red4ever 79

Have said it on here a few times you can clearly see this lad is out of his depth. The replies I have had back are give him time he may come come. This lad cannot defend and is not good enough. Get rid

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Did Jose really want this kid or was he persuaded to go for the cut price option? The transfer policy at Man Utd is so murky it’s hard to know who is responsible for what.

Looking at the history we couldn’t have got him in the January, passed over him and then went back in the summer. Why did we turn it down first time around? Whoever had doubts was justified that’s for certain. He’s not up to it.

Fracture90

In all fairness few of us have been saying prior to signing him that he was far inexperienced, played something like 50 ish games for Benfica first team at 22 y of age in the not so strong of a league. It was always a gamble and that we should go for Maguire instead…

Andersons Dietician

In all fairness few of us have been saying prior to signing him that he was far inexperienced, played something like 50 ish games for Benfica first team at 22 y of age in the not so strong of a league. It was always a gamble and that we should go for Maguire instead…
I saw a lot of him at Benfica and I didn’t think he was the right player for us and that we should have gone for Laporte however I didn’t think he’d bottle it this badly, he looks nothing like the player that was at Benfica and although yes an easier league the things he was doing were impressive and good defending. He looks like a calamity case right now and I’m guessing that is down to a lack of confidence.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Beyond his alleged ball playing skills, really don't see what Mourinho (scouting team) has seen in this guy, he's not quick, not strong, his positioning sense is way off and he looks shiit scared on the pitch.
Nevermind not strong, he's weak as shit... he just gets pushed and bullied around by seemingly any PL striker he comes up against.

I'm pretty sure if we played Watford next week and he started, Deeney would have to be arrested on GBH charges after a light shoulder barge with Victor breaks every bone in his body..

Fracture90

I saw a lot of him at Benfica and I didn’t think he was the right player for us and that we should have gone for Laporte however I didn’t think he’d bottle it this badly, he looks nothing like the player that was at Benfica and although yes an easier league the things he was doing were impressive and good defending. He looks like a calamity case right now and I’m guessing that is down to a lack of confidence.
Imo he definitely has potential, but he's way too soft for EPL, he would probably come good in Calcio.

He's scared shiitless, which has something to do with our manager dropping everyone that isn't his favorite after a poor game.

Fracture90

Nevermind not strong, he's weak as shit... he just gets pushed and bullied around by seemingly any PL striker he comes up against.

I'm pretty sure if we played Watford next week and he started, Deeney would have to be arrested on GBH charges after a light shoulder barge with Victor breaks every bone in his body..
Honestly the way Iheanacho shrugged him off with ease against Leicester left me baffled .

Status
Not open for further replies.