Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

So soft, and not as good on the ball as being made out. And lacks poise, gives away needless fouls when we actually look like building up pressure.

norm87cro

I really want to stress out that I rate him as a footballer but the guy is nowhere near a Premier League CB. You can really see that every single striker feels comftorable with him and games like these (against phisical opposition during bad weather) should be your bread and butter as a CB. The fact that he can pass and is technically good for a defender just can't be a case for him when he can't do the basics wright.

Last edited:
Reactions: golden_blunder

A-man

He made our most passes today with 76 (17 more than next, Fred) and 84% accuracy. Thats not bad right?

But can someone explain to me what we get out of that? He played one good pass into the front players in the 2nd half that wasnt able to be taken advantage of. Other than that I don't believe that his 75 other passes were useful to us and made a difference to our attack. And thats on a day where he played our most passes, not one of the usual days when he plays less than Maguire.
I am not exactly how many but think he had quite a few passes through that opened up. One was already after 2:30, maybe you hadn’t turned on your TV yet :smirk: Then there was dribble with a good pass at 68:30. One good pass through to Lingard. I think there are things to complain about but not the passing.

Andersons Dietician

He made our most passes today with 76 (17 more than next, Fred) and 84% accuracy. Thats not bad right?

But can someone explain to me what we get out of that? He played one good pass into the front players in the 2nd half that wasnt able to be taken advantage of. Other than that I don't believe that his 75 other passes were useful to us and made a difference to our attack. And thats on a day where he played our most passes, not one of the usual days when he plays less than Maguire.
Interesting I would have said there were a couple of times he played us in to trouble as well. There was that really short pass to Bissaka in like the 2nd minute as an example.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he has to share the blame with Bissaka. Bissaka should have follow Fraser before he made the pass to whoever crossed the ball, he was ball watching and once again. Lindelof on the other hand was ball watching and wasn’t aware where his man was. The communication between him & Maguire for that goal was disaster. although credit on Fraser, King & Wilson for keep moving around in our box confusing our defenders.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's honestly one of the most pointless signings we've made.

If we'd kept McNair, Keane or even Blackett, there's a change they'd have turned out to be as good as him, which isn't saying much.

AKDevil

Victor almost sucked me in but he’s not good enough. One of the four who started today and should be on the bench at best by the start of next season.
New cb, left back, and two new midfield friends for McTominay and then we can think about top four. Until then, not even going to give it any consideration.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Victor almost sucked me in but he’s not good enough. One of the four who started today and should be on the bench at best by the start of next season.
New cb, left back, and two new midfield friends for McTominay and then we can think about top four. Until then, not even going to give it any consideration.
What do you expect? He's just a footballer.

Devil may care

I thought he did better than Maguire today, the fact neither of them have any pace causes us problems though.

lex talionis

The Iceman would make a fine third or fourth choice CB for us but just isn't good enough for a clun which aspires to lift the PL trophy.

You can understand Wan-Bissaka getting beaten on the goal today, but Lindelof made a poor decision to run away from the striker with the ball under his control just outside the six yard box. He has been at fault on other goals this season. If other aspects of his game compensated for his lack of defensive ability I might accept the overall package, but there are no other aspects of his game that scream top quality. A solid defender up to a point, but he's definitely not a CB we should be relying on regularly.

Another Mourinho buy, by the way. Ole's buys have been substantially better, at least so far, than have Jose's.

kundalini

I liked some of his passing towards the end of the game; much more ambitious than we've seen for a while. Defensively, thought he did ok, while still looking vulnerable at times. As a team we defended poorly for their goal.

Stretfordender

Get rid, like the majority of the team not good enough for united. How the feck have we ended up with shite like this

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's very lucky that Tuanzebe got injured when he did. The sooner he is out of the team the better.

Shejkus

The wheels aren’t the first quality to look for in a car, but you need them to be able to drive. As I see it it is the same in modern football. Ball handling is not a good-to-have-quality, it is a basic need.
It’s a basic need if you’re playing for Pep Guardiola even LVG who is a more possession based manager played Smalling and he was dominant. People are fooling themselves we are not in a position to play possession based football and we probably won’t be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's the only centre back I've seen that actively gives the impression that he doesn't want to do any defending.

A-man

He's very lucky that Tuanzebe got injured when he did. The sooner he is out of the team the better.
It’s not lucky, both Maguire and Lindelof played half injured and could use some rotation. It’s worrying he’s out for such a long time. And it’s worrying he’s out for his second serious injury in less than a year.
It’s a basic need if you’re playing for Pep Guardiola even LVG who is a more possession based manager played Smalling and he was dominant. People are fooling themselves we are not in a position to play possession based football and we probably won’t be.
I agree, but it was still Ole’s intention. His plan was not to fight for 8-10th position nor to run a team who can’t score goals.

Bruce Wayne

He is terrible for premier league. Often gets overpowered and appears lost playing in defence. His mistakes caused United at least 9 points his season.

Obiorahking_

I think we put this man under too much scrutiny. For what its worth he's been consistently improving, especially the ball playing aspect of his game. People saying he isn't an EPL CB are way too harsh.

::sonny::

A player without any qualities

I will call him “the nullity”

Last edited:

He'lmurderyah15

Gone to pot since he signed his contract. He's so weak and is clearly being targeted. Could do with a spell in the sides

fergosaurus

He'd suit a less physical league like La Liga. I think he's a good player but a liability at times. We shouldn't have sold Smalling, it's not like Lindelof's passing is anything exceptional to compensate him being a much inferior defender.

Irwin99

On the evidence of their United careers so far, Daily Blind was a better centre back for us...

...Runs away and hides.

Brophs

The One and Only
I imagine plenty of us feel the same sense of dread when the ball is played down his channel and their forward gets him turned. Quite often he comes away with the ball but it never looks anything less than an accident waiting to happen.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I think he has to share the blame with Bissaka. Bissaka should have follow Fraser before he made the pass to whoever crossed the ball, he was ball watching and once again. Lindelof on the other hand was ball watching and wasn’t aware where his man was. The communication between him & Maguire for that goal was disaster. although credit on Fraser, King & Wilson for keep moving around in our box confusing our defenders.
I guarantee if the roles were refused, you wouldn't be saying Wan-Bissaka should share the blame. All the blame would be put at the feet of Lindelof.

He was good today. Did very little wrong. The narrative has been written him for though I suppose.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He'd suit a less physical league like La Liga. I think he's a good player but a liability at times. We shouldn't have sold Smalling, it's not like Lindelof's passing is anything exceptional to compensate him being a much inferior defender.
He'd suit Dodgeball

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't know if those Barcelona links were genuine, but he'd probably suit them a lot more than he does us. I'm still trying to figure out what his strengths are.

Handré1990

I imagine plenty of us feel the same sense of dread when the ball is played down his channel and their forward gets him turned. Quite often he comes away with the ball but it never looks anything less than an accident waiting to happen.
Every duel I feel dread. Not aggressive enough, not strong enough, not brave enough and not confident enough. It’s been a theme all season, probably last season too, although I can’t remember noticing it to this extent.

el3mel

It's time to move on from him. He never learns from his mistake. If that's the best he can achieve in PL in 3rd season then no reason to persist with him.

We will need to yet sign another defender next summer. Laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.