Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dronesoul

Yeah, own goals are definitely a mark in the plus column.

Other then that, I mean come on... He was never comfortable with DCL.

Then there was that defending for their corner near the end... God knows what he was doing there.
Own goals needs to be judged in context, they're not automatically an indicator of a shitty performance. I'm amazed how so many can put that on Victor. DeGea did a weak punch, but it should've been free kick too. The ball bounces of Victor who had no time to react really. What's wrong with you people?

Other than that the team didn't concede, so I see no issues with his performance today. Wasn't worse than anyone else. Was very close to create a goal even.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Own goals needs to be judged in context, they're not automatically an indicator of a shitty performance. I'm amazed how so many can put that on Victor. DeGea did a weak punch, but it should've been free kick too. The ball bounces of Victor who had no time to react really. What's wrong with you people?

Other than that the team didn't concede, so I see no issues with his performance today. Wasn't worse than anyone else. Was very close to create a goal even.
De Gea needs to be stronger, but Lindelof is in no way anticipating that ball at all... And you can tell because he looked surprised as anything that the ball hit him, which wasn't exactly an outlandish thing to happen in that scenario.

And for people to make excuses for him is doing him zero favours.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Zero anticipation? It took a deflection and had no time to react man :lol:
A very slight deflection, come on... Are you honestly saying he was anticipating the ball coming towards him there? I don't know why people want to make excuses for him... He's a professional footballer and I bet you anything he himself will be disappointed with it.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
A very slight deflection, come on... Are you honestly saying he was anticipating the ball coming towards him there? I don't know why people want to make excuses for him... He's a professional footballer and I bet you anything he himself will be disappointed with it.
A deflection that clearly changed the flight of the ball. I don't blame him whatsoever for the goal because:

1. De Gea should punch it and clear
2. Even then VAR should disallow it for the foul
3 It took a deflection and he couldn't adjust his body in time.

He's just unlucky, end of story.

Andersons Dietician

That pass to Rashford was pin point.
Can’t be blamed for the goal in anyway. It’s a foul on the goalie but even then DeGea has to be stronger.

Catania

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
Catania
De Gea needs to be stronger, but Lindelof is in no way anticipating that ball at all... And you can tell because he looked surprised as anything that the ball hit him, which wasn't exactly an outlandish thing to happen in that scenario.

And for people to make excuses for him is doing him zero favours.
Who wouldnt been suprised by that? Even in sunday league you expect your goolie to grab that, and now we talking about DDG. yes it was a foul, but its not like DDG attackt it with determination. Some lame attempt to punch it that just changed its direction.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
A deflection that clearly changed the flight of the ball. I don't blame him whatsoever for the goal because:

1. De Gea should punch it and clear
2. Even then VAR should disallow it for the foul
3 It took a deflection and he couldn't adjust his body in time.

He's just unlucky, end of story.
If he was swinging his foot and it went in then I'd get it, but he's not even done that. He just wasn't ready for it at all.

Like you're saying DDG should do better even though he was being fouled, Lindelof should do better even with a minor deflection.

Ekeke

If Lindelof just positions himself in case the ball goes past De Gea and the man in the middle, he bounces the ball away from goal. Instead he switches off and is not goal side, thats why the ball bounces into the goal. There is nothing good to come from where he is stood instead of being goalside. Of course there are no limits to the mental gymnastics posters will go to make excuses

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
If he was swinging his foot and it went in then I'd get it, but he's not even done that. He just wasn't ready for it at all.

Like you're saying DDG should do better even though he was being fouled, Lindelof should do better even with a minor deflection.
You watch it back and see how long it takes between De Gea getting the touch and the ball hitting him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be ideal, although near €100m I suspect.
The most Leipzig have received from a outgoing transfer is £52m for Keita who was a attacker. I think we could sign Konate for around the same price and he would be a game changing signing. Rojo, Jones, Smalling, and Bailly could possibly cover his transfer fee potentially.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We can and should upgrade on him. He's a good player, but we need a lot more than that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It was slightly unfortunate, but still a bit of a Phil Jones moment tbh.

Nothing he can do for the goal. Totally on De Gea flapping at another corner.

Nobody else in our defence could have played that pass to Rashford early on. It was Scholes-esque.

jackal&hyde

Pogba out and Rashford in the form of his life, we need a new scapegoat, Lindelof will do.

Dante

Average bang
He got totally dominated by Calvert-Lewin.

Lindelof's worst performance in months. Back to his bad old days.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Should have been in a better position if he wasn't marking anyone, not just standing there, facing more toward his goal than away, ready for the ball to bounce in off of him.

Obiorahking_

Why is he facing the goal on a corner? I've never played defense so maybe its regular but to facing the goal on an incoming ball dosen't look ideal to me. Other than that Everton did feck all the entire game.

Member 119614

He had a good game. That pass to Rashford in the first 15 min was fantastic. He is better on the ball than Maguire. Own goal was unlucky, he shouldn't be scapegoated nor should De Gea.

Brophs

The One and Only
Should have been in a better position if he wasn't marking anyone, not just standing there, facing more toward his goal than away, ready for the ball to bounce in off of him.
This is a very good point, though I wouldn’t be too hard on him overall for the goal. He was basically disengaged from the play, completely static a few yards behind anyone who could affect the play. It seemed an odd position to end up in, as one of two centre halves.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This is a very good point, though I wouldn’t be too hard on him overall for the goal. He was basically disengaged from the play, completely static a few yards behind anyone who could affect the play. It seemed an odd position to end up in, as one of two centre halves.
Yeah, that's just it, Brophs. Odd place for a CB to be.

Myself, I am somewhat old fashioned and would prefer a player to be standing inside the far post rather than being in no man's land, which is why I'm so livid.

Ekeke

Zero anticipation? It took a deflection and had no time to react man :lol:
Thats why standing the attacking side of the ball is poor positioning.

You do realize his entire job is to defend right? So if a defender switches off and "doesnt expect the ball to come across towards him" he's switching off doing his job. A midfieder or attacker switching off and not realizing the ball is coming? Well, you can understand its not the main part of their job. If its a Pogba, or a Rashford or someone. But a defender should always be expecting to deal with the ball, thats why they are there.

IrishRedDevil

He always, always fouls when both him and the attacker are going for the same ball that’s been punted forward. He just can’t seem to win the ball or a header cleanly.

Hopefully Tuanzebe gets to start a few games beside Maguire.

OldPop

Lindelof was ok and can hardly do anything about his own goal. Our problem is not the defense, it's that our forwards and midfielders lack the creativity and playing skills needed for this type of match.

El Jefe

It makes no sense whatsoever people calling him a scapegoat when most of the caf seem to think Lingard and Shaw were our worst performers today.

Lindelof was mediocre and truth be told Lindelof is mediocre. Good games here and there and is fairly reliable in the sense he doesn't make as many errors as our other CBs but ultimately he's too soft to be a mainstay in our defence.

LInkash

It seems like all our players have significant weaknesses but opponents all have well-rounded players.

UncleBob

Annoys the feck out of me when there's a simple pass to be made back to the goalkeeper and he turns the wrong way to give away a throw in.

A-man

Ups and downs today. Missed one or two simple passes but had 2 nice accurate long balls to Rashford. Think he and the rest of the defence was defending ok. Everton hardly had anything, think it was 3 shots on target or something like that. I like that both CB push forward more than before, but think the 4 at the back moved around the ball way too slow. Most disappointed they couldn’t score more goals. Should be at least 3 goals against Everton who looked very weak defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.