Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

Just a thought.. would smalling and Maguire form a better partnership..
I think it would, but Ole had Smalling in the team last season and he made him available for transfer and loaned him out in the summer. Which means Ole doesn't rate him, because you don't send out a mature player you rate.

So unless Ole goes, it's doubtful that we'll see Smalling and Maguire together.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I should have bought up the opticians because you need to watch the clip of their goal again.

In your desire to defend lindelof at all costs you're extremely bias. You're talking as if the ball changed direction completely however it was the tiniest of movements. If lindelof keeps his head up a little and wants to header it out then guaranteed it would still connect with his forehead.

Go and watch a replay without lindelof tinted specs and you'll realise just how much lindelof ducked. His head was almost inside his chest that's how much he tucked it into his shoulders.
The ball has clearly changed course. It isn’t even debatable.

I don’t need lindelof tinted specs. He’s terrible in the air as it is without talking absolute non-sense about winning a ball that is tipped away from him. There are plenty of examples of him being shit in the air without making up more.

You keep banging on about ducking his head completely ignoring that is where the ball was going.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Stop the video at 57 seconds, then tell me if you really think he had no chance at clearing that. He literally tucks his head into his neck like a turtle ffs. If he stayed up straight it would have flicked on and out for a throw in.
At 57 seconds you can’t see Bruno’s touch or the trajectory of the initial ball. That is a completely useless video.

If he stayed up straight and Bruno missed the ball would have smacked him in the neck dropping in the box for a Watford chance to which you’d be complaining why didn’t he bend his neck and head the ball.

Kapil Srivastav

I think it would, but Ole had Smalling in the team last season and he made him available for transfer and loaned him out in the summer. Which means Ole doesn't rate him, because you don't send out a mature player you rate.

So unless Ole goes, it's doubtful that we'll see Smalling and Maguire together.
Thanks mate..
Lindelof seems scared of forwards ...
It will not work out in premier league.. and teams have started targeting him.. even bailly is a better option

Last edited:

Foxbatt

Smalling is a much better defender than Lindelof I agree now. WIth Lindelof and a strong CF, your heart is always in your mouth. Smalling does not get bullied like Lindelof does and is also a much better header of the ball and is much quicker. Yes he does his holding but it looks like he has cut it out a lot. He is always a threat in the year in the opposing box too. In the 50/50s I would bet on Smalling to get us out of trouble while Lindelof would invariably lose. I thought Lindelof can get used to the PL but it looks like he hasn't and would never would.

ghagua

He's got his eyes closed, he's ducked at least 1 foot down which is why he's under it and he's looking at the floor by the time the ball reached him.

It was a pathetic attempt at clearly a corner. If anybody did that I would blame them 100%. There is no agenda here with Lindelof, but he keeps making obvious errors.

There was another play that no one has brought up during the second half. He went to head the ball just past the halfway line and completely misjudged the flight of the ball and then was hopelessly out of position.

Fussmeister

At 57 seconds you can’t see Bruno’s touch or the trajectory of the initial ball. That is a completely useless video.

If he stayed up straight and Bruno missed the ball would have smacked him in the neck dropping in the box for a Watford chance to which you’d be complaining why didn’t he bend his neck and head the ball.
It looks kinda weird what VNL is doing but i agree with you. That ball could have gone either direction if would have stayed put.

Whole situation is bad. Brunos attempt is piss poor. Vics communication with Bruno aswell. And AWB in the end. If Vic was one of Those two he still would be the one to be blamed.

He is not the biggest issue in the team but we need to buy a new CB in the future. He is more the vanilla man instead of the ice man

simmee

Stop the video at 57 seconds, then tell me if you really think he had no chance at clearing that. He literally tucks his head into his neck like a turtle ffs. If he stayed up straight it would have flicked on and out for a throw in.
Lets use a video that doesn't even show the situation properly. That must be the smartest way to assess this.

romufc

Lets use a video that doesn't even show the situation properly. That must be the smartest way to assess this.
I can guarantee if the Bruno was behind Lindelof the blame would be on Lindelof saying he should have cleared it not just flicked it on.

That ball should not beat the first man.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
He's got his eyes closed, he's ducked at least 1 foot down which is why he's under it and he's looking at the floor by the time the ball reached him.

It was a pathetic attempt at clearly a corner. If anybody did that I would blame them 100%. There is no agenda here with Lindelof, but he keeps making obvious errors.
How did he know how to duck under the ball if he had his eyes closed?

The ball has clearly changed course. It isn’t even debatable.

I don’t need lindelof tinted specs. He’s terrible in the air as it is without talking absolute non-sense about winning a ball that is tipped away from him. There are plenty of examples of him being shit in the air without making up more.

You keep banging on about ducking his head completely ignoring that is where the ball was going.
What he said. The ball is on a downward trajectory before Fernandes heads it so all of you who keep saying that Lindelöf should have kept his head up aren't making any sense at all.

A-man

I can guarantee if the Bruno was behind Lindelof the blame would be on Lindelof saying he should have cleared it not just flicked it on.

That ball should not beat the first man.
The whole “blame Lindelof” situation reminds me of Trump asking for Obama’s birth certificate.

romufc

The whole “blame Lindelof” situation reminds me of Trump asking for Obama’s birth certificate.
It is becoming a joke to some extent.

Even in a 3-0 win, we are looking at criticising a defender, almost as if we didn't keep a clean sheet.

A-man

Smalling is a much better defender than Lindelof I agree now. WIth Lindelof and a strong CF, your heart is always in your mouth. Smalling does not get bullied like Lindelof does and is also a much better header of the ball and is much quicker. Yes he does his holding but it looks like he has cut it out a lot. He is always a threat in the year in the opposing box too. In the 50/50s I would bet on Smalling to get us out of trouble while Lindelof would invariably lose. I thought Lindelof can get used to the PL but it looks like he hasn't and would never would.
Could you give some examples of conceded goals this season, that would have been avoided with Smalling?

A-man

It is becoming a joke to some extent.

Even in a 3-0 win, we are looking at criticising a defender, almost as if we didn't keep a clean sheet.
It’s absurd. And it’s not like they’ve been leaking goals lately, the defence has been good, even very good since Christmas.

simpandenstore

Oh my god. This nitpicking and looong unnessecary discussions about every single small mistake, in this case not his, is getting boring. Almost 3 pages about a situation that he could not do anything about. I swear the people who don't think the tiniest touch or deflection can completly change the way you prepare your body or feet into a situation have never kicked a ball in their life.
You can have your opinion about he's not good enough etc etc, but please stop this ongoing nonsense.

Reactions: Grinner

Gordon S

Was he really bullied by Deeney as everyone predicted? I thought he won most duels?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
It’s absurd. And it’s not like they’ve been leaking goals lately, the defence has been good, even very good since Christmas.
He was lucky the VAR rules are so stupid, he gifted Watford that goal that got ruled out. He's one of the worst central defenders on set pieces that I can remember. He's also prone to a daft pass from time to time (as is Maguire in fairness). If his head was switched on all the time he'd be a very good defender but it's been a rarity since that excellent season under Jose.

A-man

He was lucky the VAR rules are so stupid, he gifted Watford that goal that got ruled out. He's one of the worst central defenders on set pieces that I can remember. He's also prone to a daft pass from time to time (as is Maguire in fairness). If his head was switched on all the time he'd be a very good defender but it's been a rarity since that excellent season under Jose.
Bruno failed his clearance and headed the ball to Dawson who had wrestled himself free from AWB. That’s Lindelof gifting Watford a goal?

sp_107

To be honest he is not our main worry now, we can welcome back Smalling or sign someone like upamecano (we missed the boat once but he looks like a quality and we should activate his release clause-50M before other teams bid in).

I can take Maguire,Eric,Smalling and Lindelöf for other year while we fix our main pressing areas like RW,FW and CM.

Cant we fix FW, RW, ACM and a CD(4 players) if we sell Pogba, Perrera,Lingaard, Rojo and Jones? if any money left then we can buy someone for Matic replacement.

criticalanalysis

:lol:

I've tried to avoid this thread. Meh is the biggest compliment I can give him.

Standard 5.5/6 out of 10 player. Nothing more, nothing less.

cyberman

He literally manoeuvred his body so he could use his arm to send the ball to goal.
Nothing stupid about it. It was handball

Everton 1:1 Man Utd

Bojan11

Sums him up there at the end. Long ball and Richarlison has all that space whilst Lindelof is nowhere to be seen.

Sanchez7

Smalling over him any day of the week. He isn't good enough for the premier league, loses every one v one and is too passive. May end up doing well in another less physical league,

The United

He is an almost decent defender. You can't rely on him much but he will do some good defending here or there sometimes.

But, still we need to reinforce other areas first before trying to replace him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weirdly... He managed to cope with DLC for the most part, whilst always looking incredibly uncomfortable. Ok overall though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Unfortunately, this won't be his last season here, but hopefully he'll go right down the pecking order next season.

Terrible player.

binary bot
Horrendous today.

I actually have sympathy for him though. Players like him and Maguire should always be paired with a faster, more athletic CB.

You cant play a highline, like any modern term, with those two.

Squirt

He's so weak and my stomach can't take it everytime he's near the ball. We should give Bailly a run from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.